NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Movement Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/movement-disorders/)
-   -   TD and ketosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/movement-disorders/244998-td-ketosis.html)

tippitippi 02-13-2017 05:28 AM

TD and ketosis

I think I may have TD. It's mild so I don't have a definite diagnosis and I haven't had the means to get a neurologist to talk to me. I have trouble leaving the house. Anyway I've been reading about the possibility of a ketogenic diet as a treatment. I wonder if this is widely known or if I just stumbled on it or if it's something that isn't as promising as they say. If you read about ketogenic diets as a treatment for epilepsy which is widely accepted apparently, they talk about the pathways and why/how it could be used for movement disorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeezyks 02-16-2017 01:14 PM

Hello tippitippi: Thanks for sharing. :Thank you: I see this is your first post here on NT. So... welcome to NeuroTalk! :welcome_sign:

I wasn't sure what TD refers to... (Tardive Dyskinesia?) Although I've certainly heard of the ketogenic diet, I don't know anything about it in particular. :Dunno:

I was on Cymbalta for a while & began to develop some jerkiness on my hand & arm movements. However once I tapered off of the medication, the jerkiness went away. What I do have now is something I typically refer to as restless leg syndrome... except that I feel it throughout my whole body along with a sort-of an overall nervous feeling all the time. I presume the two are related. :Scratch-Head: I haven't sought any treatment for it. I see a psychiatrist periodically. He offered to write me a prescription for Neurontin. However I declined.

Anyway, thanks for signing in here on NT. I hope you find the time you spend here to be of benefit. :hug: :)

tippitippi 02-16-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeezyks (Post 1236810)
Hello tippitippi: Thanks for sharing. :Thank you: I see this is your first post here on NT. So... welcome to NeuroTalk! :welcome_sign:

I wasn't sure what TD refers to... (Tardive Dyskinesia?) Although I've certainly heard of the ketogenic diet, I don't know anything about it in particular. :Dunno:

I was on Cymbalta for a while & began to develop some jerkiness on my hand & arm movements. However once I tapered off of the medication, the jerkiness went away. What I do have now is something I typically refer to as restless leg syndrome... except that I feel it throughout my whole body along with a sort-of an overall nervous feeling all the time. I presume the two are related. :Scratch-Head: I haven't sought any treatment for it. I see a psychiatrist periodically. He offered to write me a prescription for Neurontin. However I declined.

Anyway, thanks for signing in here on NT. I hope you find the time you spend here to be of benefit. :hug: :)

Thank you and yes tardive dyskinesia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk