NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   healthy living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/245856-healthy-living.html)

bizi 03-16-2017 08:07 AM

healthy living

I am going to try to post here about my drinking behavior and dieting efforts, this will be a blog type thread. Since no one seems to post here, I will.
3-15-17 First day not drinking.
ate oatmeal for breakfast
coffee
Have to get going broke my commitment to only be on the computer 20 minutes at a time. I have been on here twice as long.
feeling like a brain fog since taking the zyprexa started on saturday 5 days ago. 3-11-17.
I will email my pdoc about this, notified my tdoc yesterday that I had been manic.
bizi

kiwi33 03-18-2017 04:20 AM

Bizi, I think that a blog is a good idea.

I will read along here and (only if you want me to) add my two cents worth if I think that I have something constructive to offer.

bizi 03-18-2017 08:23 PM

Thank you.
8 days of zyprexa and I am always hungry.
I see therapist on monday then pdoc on tuesday.
I have joined a womens group that meets on tuesdays evenings from 6-8, only 6 sessions. I like the group so far.I am doing a work book for borderline personalities.
I drink too much and get into trouble , like blacking out. and not remembering events.
sigh
bizi who ate a big bowl of chipotle and half a bar of dark chocolate with chilies. very tasty!
I will take my zyprexa tonight when we get home from the beer gardens blue grass music.local bluegrass and beer! does it get better than this?
I worked 8 hours at an assisted living facility today. Saw 8 clients...twice I usually see. am tired stopped off at whole foods for a couple of beers, ran into melissa and we talked, they may come tonight.
I have one client to see tomorrow afternoon.
bizi
please feel free to comment, thank you for reading.
bizi

kiwi33 03-18-2017 11:10 PM

Bizi, the group sounds great to me. I went to one for people with mood disorders (clinical depression in my case) for a while and found it very helpful.

One thing which came up there is that a member with bipolar said that she noticed increased appetite after being prescribed Zyprexa. For her it went away after about a month of being on it.

Maybe something to bear in mind for you - you could talk with your pdoc after a month or so if your increased appetite does not go away?

:hug:

bizi 03-19-2017 10:15 AM

zyprexa can cause diabetes.
I am willing to switch meds.
Thinking about asking her to change it to abilify and seroquel at night for sleep.
bizi

bizi 03-21-2017 10:40 PM

I will not be posting here.
I have an internet addiction.
I need to reel it in.
bizi
thanks for your support.

kiwi33 03-24-2017 06:53 AM

That is fine Bizi.

Anytime that you would like to reactivate this thread, I want you to know that I am always here to listen.

:hug: