NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Something triggered my fear, and depression. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/246188-triggered-fear-depression.html)

Brokenfriend 03-31-2017 01:07 AM

Something triggered my fear, and depression.

I felt awful, but I feel a little better right now. I feel a deep grievous painful depression. It let up a little in the last 15 minutes. I had to tell someone.

Yesterday I felt fear. I wonder why this happens. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 03-31-2017 04:06 AM

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I feel those things sometimes too.

I am sorry you have to deal with this.

Let tomorrow be a better day.

M

mymorgy 03-31-2017 07:13 AM

I tried 200 mg of topamax and it removed my long term depression. it really acted as a mood stabilizer for me. 100 did nothing

OhKay 03-31-2017 08:11 AM

I'm so sorry BF :hug::hug::hug:
I wish I knew why these feelings happened, too.

I hope you feel better soon :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 03-31-2017 09:02 AM

sending hugs your way for a better day today.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 03-31-2017 07:37 PM

I thank each, and everyone of you. I'm feeling better right now, but I seem to be going in, and out of these issues.

I have noticed that my energy is very low. I'm on a diet, and I'm trying to eat foods that should give me more strength, but things seem to be going in the opposite direction. I have no idea as to why. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 03-31-2017 08:58 PM

I just wanted to give you an encouraging word.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 03-31-2017 10:16 PM

Thank you Bizi. It's happening again tonight. Dread,Fear,heartburn, and fatigue seem to be happening again tonight. I'm going to try to take a shower. I hope that will help. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 03-31-2017 10:33 PM

friend may I suggest an evening snack.
maybe some almonds or a piece of fruit.
you may be experiencing low blood sugar and need to eat or even drink a glass of milk before bed time.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 04-01-2017 12:38 AM

Thank you Bizi. I'm feeling a little better. I went out to the car, and mailed a letter at the local Post office.

I put my cordless phone, and cell phone close to the shower just in case I would fall.

Late last night I ended up getting up, and ate a Hershey bar.

I'm going to eat a Lean Cuisine frozen dinner in a few minutes.

Thank you for the info on it possibly being low blood sugar. I'll keep that in mind. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-01-2017 12:41 AM

they say the best way to eat is 6 small meals a day, grazing kind of like so you don't ever get too hungry.
I don't eat like this I usually eat 2-3 times a day, routinely 2.
but I have not been able to lose weight so maybe I need to do something different.
bizi

Brokenfriend 04-01-2017 09:40 PM

That's a possible way to do it. I've been dieting with supplements, and veggies. I've been eating Lean Cuisine dinners late at night. I don't seem to have very much energy though. I was thinking about what you said about low blood sugar last night. I see my councilor on Thursday. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 04-02-2017 07:45 AM

Bizi is right about eating more frequent small meals. When I was on my last diet I was eating more, and more often, but lost a lot of weight because I was just eating different things.

I get a lot of digestive symptoms when my anxiety is high. I try to take something to treat heartburn because it makes things more tolerable. It's not a pleasant symptom :hug:

Brokenfriend 04-02-2017 09:01 PM

Hi Kay. I have heartburn issues also. They say that the Nexium type meds should not be taken continually, but for a limited amount of time. I was taking one of those class of medications for years. I'm concerned about that.

I've been taking Alka-Seltzer HearthburnChews, and/or Pepcid AC recently. My heartburn is painful. I don't know what to do over the long run after hearing warnings about the Nexium type medications. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-02-2017 09:05 PM

hubby takes nexium everyday to help prevent his esophagus from narrowing and to prevent heartburn. For many years now.
sigh
something to worry about.
bizi

Brokenfriend 04-02-2017 09:24 PM

From what I've heard recently, if these meds(Nexium), and other versions of it are taken continually, it can cause Kidney problems. I've heard these things on the news more then once.

I'm wondering if MrsD has more balanced information about this. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-02-2017 10:26 PM

repeated heart burn or gerd can cause issues with your esophagus that can lead to cancer. I wonder which one is more at risk?
bizi

OhKay 04-03-2017 08:12 AM

I take a prescription med called Protonix that my gastro has put me on permanently because the OTCs didn't work. It's really helped me. It's something worth talking to your PCP about. I also take Gaviscon tablets for breakthrough heartburn. It's 100X better than Tums.

Brokenfriend 04-03-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1240125)
repeated heart burn or gerd can cause issues with your esophagus that can lead to cancer. I wonder which one is more at risk?
bizi

I know what you men bizi. I seem to need a heartburn med each day. I wish that the network news would stop scaring us. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 04-03-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1240154)
I take a prescription med called Protonix that my gastro has put me on permanently because the OTCs didn't work. It's really helped me. It's something worth talking to your PCP about. I also take Gaviscon tablets for breakthrough heartburn. It's 100X better than Tums.

Hi Kay. I'll probably ask my doctor to prescribe me a medication like that. The heartburn is overwhelming if I don't take something for it. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Dmom3005 04-03-2017 02:58 PM

I used to take Nexium also. For some reason I one day just didn't
need it anymore.

So I don't take anything now.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 04-03-2017 09:08 PM

I am trying to diet, but I still get heartburn. I get a little heartburn at first, then it becomes much worse if I don't take care of it immediately in the beginning when I first experience the symptoms. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-03-2017 09:30 PM

protonix is better than nexium?
bizi

OhKay 04-04-2017 06:57 AM

Protonix is much, much better than Nexxium. I take 40mg a day. It's by prescription only.

OhKay 04-04-2017 07:01 AM

Do you ever wake up with panic attacks, BF?

I've had that problem in the past and it's starting to happen again.

bizi 04-04-2017 07:23 AM

I am sorry kay.
((((((HUGS)))))
bizi,
if nexium is doing a good job than does he need to look into the protonix?
thanks
bizi

Brokenfriend 04-04-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1240236)
Do you ever wake up with panic attacks, BF?

I've had that problem in the past and it's starting to happen again.

Hi Kay Yes. It use to happen to me years ago. It stopped after a while, but when it was happening, it was worse than the usual panic attacks.

I sympathize with you about this issue. It's also a cold feeling on top of everything else.

It happened for several months, and then it stopped. Then I went through the usual panic attacks at other times during the day,and night. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 04-06-2017 07:04 AM

I'm so sorry that it has happened to you too, BF :hug::hug::hug:
But I feel better knowing someone else understands. I agree that they are worse. I think it's because my anxiety is always worse in the morning.

I get a lot less panic attacks than when I was younger, but when I do get them at different times now they are a little easier to put down. I've been missing Xanax because it works faster and better for panic attacks, but it doesn't work as long for everyday anxiety and it is more sedating.

OhKay 04-06-2017 07:12 AM

Continuing to take an OTC proton pump inhibitor like Prilosec or Nexxium could be okay as long as someone has the blessing of their doctor. The directions on Prevacid are strongly worded, so I think it's less likely a doctor would suggest prolonged use.

One benefit to switching to a prescription med like Protonix is that it is covered by insurance and would cost a lot less than the OTC meds. It also sounds like BF is still suffering from GI symptoms despite being on Nexxium, so maybe he could benefit from a med change. IDK.

BF, I think it's a good idea to talk to your PCP about it no matter which direction you want to go in. Your doctor can give you the best guidance.

Brokenfriend 04-06-2017 11:24 AM

I had been taking Lansoprazole for years, however the recent publicity has scared me, and I haven't taken it every day, except for the last several days. When I take it every day I don't have the terrible heartburn.

I need to talk to my doctor. I don't know what to do. Our medications may have something to do with it, but I've had problems in my digestive track for decades. The anxiety tears up my digestive track also I believe. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 04-10-2017 07:28 AM

I take 9 different meds every day (one is the Protonix for acid reflux tho), and I'm sure that at least one of them is tearing up my GI system.

I get GI upset every time I get at least moderate anxiety and I'm sure it doesn't help matters. I usually take another 1/2mg of Klonopin and Gaviscon and it helps, but still…

bizi 04-10-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1240389)
I had been taking Lansoprazole for years, however the recent publicity has scared me, and I haven't taken it every day, except for the last several days. When I take it every day I don't have the terrible heartburn.

I need to talk to my doctor. I don't know what to do. Our medications may have something to do with it, but I've had problems in my digestive track for decades. The anxiety tears up my digestive track also I believe. BF:hug::hug::hug:

friend, keep taking your lansoprazole.
((((HUGS))))
heart burn is worse for your GI tract.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 04-11-2017 07:30 PM

Thank you Bizi. I cannot tolerate heartburn. I have to take something for it before, or after I start to get heartburn. I'm also trying to diet also. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 04-12-2017 07:12 AM

I know dieting is hard! I wish you good luck with it! :)