NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Body Temperature and Overload (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/246375-body-temperature-overload.html)

chasann 04-09-2017 05:09 PM

Body Temperature and Overload

My body temperature changed after my fall and could never understand the randomness of this.

Sorting lots of papers last week which uses up energy, and for a change added some music into the mix! OK, a no no but did it to help with the boredom and monotony. The body heat started rising and then Overload/flooding, call it what you will.
BuT I took notice then of when the overheating started, what was I doing and what came next?

Next day repeat of above minus the music, and then with the music, when did body temparature change and flooding begin?

Aha moment. Became aware of same in everyday life; the precursor for me leading to overstimulation/flooding is the rise of temp before full symptoms take me out.

Has taken me nearly three years to work this out - the old brain not joining the dots like it used to but see this as progress. Now all I have to do is take note and act.

And to my old mate noodle buddy, 'noodle leg and noodle arm' is standard vocabulary now for some of us on the other side of the world. I could only smile when asked if my leg was 'el dente' when it showed sight of wobbling recently!

Hope Easter Bunny visits you all, I have been indulging and am now looking forward to my Nordic Walking lesson shortly which might help burn off a few calories.

Bud 04-09-2017 05:18 PM

I don't doubt you.

I have been cold since my accident. I have 2 symptoms that occur as precursors.

I get very cold deep inside and start peeing a lot then along comes other things eventually.

Bud

maxcjs0101 04-09-2017 10:44 PM

Now that you have mentioned it im not sure if mine sounds the same.
These symptoms were more pronounced in the early months after my fall but it has been lessened now.

- body feeling hot and cold for no reason
- feverish like sensation but none on the thermometer and when checked by my gp

KarinaM. 04-17-2017 03:08 AM

Body temperature dysfunction

My son (27 mo. post-injury) gets this all time -- frequent feelings of body temperature disregulation, feeling feverish without it showing as such on the thermometer, etc. Best guess is that this is a symptom of autonomic nervous system dysfunction that occurs as part of PCS.

russiarulez 04-17-2017 10:28 AM

I've had the body temperature swing for a long time. Feeling cold when I shouldn't have, then all of a sudden breaking in sweat. I still sweat at night during sleep sometimes. One time I had a very weird thing happen (thankfully just one time) where I started shaking uncontrollably like I was really cold (I was in bed at the time) and so hard that I was holding my head with my hands so it wouldn't shake as much. It lasted about two hours. Went to the doctor the next day and he couldn't find an explanation for this.

Jays mom 05-09-2017 12:18 AM

son shivers

My son jason shivers easily.when outside.he git tbi last june.ive notices he shivers when iys 60 degrees out even.im guessing its his brain.the part that controlls heat isnt working right.

davOD 05-09-2017 09:54 AM

I have this also....was explained to me that it is some damage to the Hypothalamus that regulates body temp and other things also.

Hypothalamus - the body's thermostat | ASU - Ask A Biologist

Mark in Idaho 05-09-2017 12:56 PM

I had a serious struggle with body temp regulation in the beginning. I also had other autonomic disregulation issues, blood pressure, pulse. The only aspect of it that I could affect is blood sugar. If I let my blood sugar get low, I would freeze and get very moody, even brain fog. I needed to eat properly so my blood sugar did not peak and/or dive.

Slowly, as my upper neck stabilized, I started to improve.