NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   1/2 lemon and warm water for constipation (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/246587-1-2-lemon-warm-water-constipation.html)

mymorgy 04-25-2017 08:03 AM

1/2 lemon and warm water for constipation

It read if you drink this in the morning is it is good for constipation

OhKay 04-25-2017 08:23 AM

I think I need colonics a day to keep the doctor away :D

mymorgy 04-25-2017 08:26 AM

Constipation: Primarily, the ample amount of acids present in lime helps clear the excretory system by washing and cleaning off the tracts, just as some acids are used to clean floors and toilets. The roughage in lime is also helpful in easing constipation, but the most beneficial element is the high acidity. An overdose of lime juice with salt also acts as an excellent purgative without any side effects, thereby providing relief from constipation.

mymorgy 04-25-2017 08:29 AM

I am going to buy some cheaper lime and also lemon. this is ading so much stress

OhKay 04-25-2017 08:34 AM

I'm sorry, I know it's stressful Bobby :hug:
I really, really suffer with my constipation.

You can look into buying lemon and lime juice in those little squeeze bottles. You get a lot of juice in those and it doesn't expire quickly.

mymorgy 04-25-2017 12:33 PM

I wonder because it lacks fiber if it is the same. I did buy one

Skeezyks 04-25-2017 01:45 PM

Constipation is something I struggle with as I get older. Strange as it may sound, the remedy (at least for myself) that I inadvertently stumbled upon is... mixed nuts! :rolleyes: I buy unsalted mixed nuts in bulk from our local supermarket. I love nuts & eating them, for some odd reason, seems to keep the gears very nicely greased, so to speak. :laugh: I buy the unsalted variety because I don't need all the sodium. :eek: I've read many times that nuts are good for you in general. :)

Dmom3005 04-25-2017 01:47 PM

My best thing for constipation is bran flakes. I eat a bowl or two when
I either start having problems or daily if I have it.

Wonder if I could get bran muffins down if they would work same way.

I hate prunes but used to have to do prune juice when I couldn't go
after having my sons. Before I would be released from hospital.

Donna :grouphug::hug:

bizi 04-25-2017 03:03 PM

As I have said before and use only magnesium oxide the generic cvs formula of phillips capsules.
I take 2 at night and am regular, occasional diarrhea occasional constipation but good for the most part.
Am very thankful!
bizi who was a long time suffer, my 87 year old client told me about it years ago.

OhKay 04-27-2017 08:45 AM

A hospice patient of mine used to have me microwave a prescription laxative called lactulose (that I take) and prune juice for him. It really worked for him. Didn't work for me, and it was GROSS.