NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   pdoc's appt (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/246642-pdocs-appt.html)

mymorgy 04-28-2017 07:59 AM

pdoc's appt

I asked him if he would raise the risperdal from 1 1/2 to 2 because of my obsessing and he said no. I asked if he would raise my antidepressants and he only raised zoloft to 1mg from 1/2. He said I was cynical about p.t. He said Rush was one of the best places for strokes in the country. He mentioned a company called via which only shares five dollars a ride each way. I had never heard of it. He is so informed. I am trying to find out if rusk takes medicare and stroke victims like me. I am waiting for a callback.My depression comes and goes. It is also related to my constipation. The phillips isn't working well.
One of the withdrawal side effects of giving up coffee is constipation which I already had a problem with.
Robert didn't seem that concerned about my crawling that day. He said something about the changes in body chemistry. I ask Robeert about everything. I really think he is a genius.

OhKay 04-28-2017 08:36 AM

Bobby, you can always call your PCP to consult him about a bowel regiment if your constipation is becoming a big issue. Sometimes it takes a combination of things to get things going. I take a prescription laxative called lactulose which really works for most people and may be an option for you. It is worth discussing with him. If you do go that route, the syrup is much cheaper than the powder.

mymorgy 04-28-2017 08:38 AM

thanks. I am afraid he will insist I have a colonoscopy which I don't want

bizi 04-28-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1241638)
thanks. I am afraid he will insist I have a colonoscopy which I don't want

How long has it been since you had one bobby?
bizi

mymorgy 04-28-2017 12:40 PM

i never had one. the anxiety would kill me.just the thought of it starts giving me a panic attack. if i die from it i die from it.

mymorgy 04-28-2017 01:19 PM

I am still filled with anxiety .your curiosity really bummed me out

Dmom3005 04-28-2017 01:19 PM

Bobby

If I remember right your in your 70's, so I think telling the pcp that your anxiety
wouldn't let you do this test would be enough. Also I have been refusing
anymore, only because I know I can't take the stuff they used to give to
clear the system. So unless they have something new its no.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 04-28-2017 02:13 PM

thank you so much Donna. I am going to be 73 towards the end of May. He has mentioned to me a few times and I told him about my anxiety but he doesn't get it. For a week for instance I was afraid of going blind. I had no symptoms but he mentioned I was diabetic or maybe diabetic and diabetics can go blind.
He doesn't understand generalized anxiety disorder. I have a severe case.
It is funny though I wasn't afraid when I had my neck surgery both times one week after the other. I don't understand that. I think I figured if I die I die.
also cancer doesn't run in my family. all my life I hardly drank or eat red meat or fatty food and hardly any carbohydrates in years

"The benefits of screening colonoscopy in preventing colorectal cancer (CRC) in adults 70 years of age appear scant, and the risks associated ..."

bizi 04-28-2017 11:14 PM

sorry I bummed you bobby, did not mean to.
I did not know that you had 2 neck surgeries.
((((HUGS)))))
bizi

mymorgy 04-29-2017 06:49 AM

I woke up sick today bizi. Please be careful when you ask questions out of curiosity. After the stroke I had surgery to place a stent in my artery but after going in they saw it was over 99 percent clogged and they couldn't do it. the next week when the blood thinners wore off they cut the vein and cleaned out the plaque.
Love
bobby