NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   for the most part my itchiness is gone (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/246666-itchiness-gone.html)

mymorgy 04-29-2017 04:12 PM

for the most part my itchiness is gone

i wonder if it was caused by all the coffee I was drinking. I am still taking benadryl but it was still itchy when i was taking benadryl. I am still eating like a pig after yesterday. I got a letter from my accountant talking about a duplicate check. maybe he found it

bizi 04-29-2017 10:30 PM

hubby takes benadryl to sleep at night. Does it help you to sleep?
bizi

mymorgy 04-30-2017 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1241793)
hubby takes benadryl to sleep at night. Does it help you to sleep?
bizi

I take it in the morning and it doesn't help me to sleep

bizi 04-30-2017 09:32 AM

I forget where your itchiness is? I know that if you have dry skin that can lead to itchiness. A simple remedy to that is applying lotion to the skin. There is also an anti itch lotion called Sarna. It is very soothing.
bizi

OhKay 04-30-2017 10:13 AM

I wonder what happened with that check? Didn't you have a problem with a check to the DMV around the same time, too? I hope your accountant will just tear up one of them so you don't have to pay a cancellation fee.

I think it's unlikely that you would develop an allergy to coffee suddenly after so many years of heavy consumption, but it could have dehydrated you and dried out your skin, which could make it very itchy. You could be dehydrated for other reasons as well, or just have drier skin right now for some other reason.

Have you changed anything like soap, laundry detergent, or dryer sheets lately, or been putting anything new on the cats that could rub off on you or your bed?

You can test to see if the Benadryl is helping by taking it a couple hours later than you have been, also to see if you need it anymore.

If you feel the same way with/without the Benadryl, Aveeno makes a fragrance free "skin relief" body wash with oatmeal (similar to their bath soak) that's a hell of a lot easier to use than applying lotion over large areas. If you think it's just a case of dry skin it could still help, but there are also some good plain moisturizing body washes out there that would probably be cheaper. There are in-shower moisturizers too... I'd love to try one, but I think they would make the tub really slippery, and that scares me.

mymorgy 04-30-2017 10:28 AM

now that i stopped drinking coffee most of the itchiness has gone away. that is the only change. I had it all over.

OhKay 04-30-2017 10:44 AM

I still can't believe that you gave up coffee lol
But I'm proud of you because I know that had to be really hard.

I'm glad that the itchiness is better :)

mymorgy 04-30-2017 02:03 PM

i do miss the coffee now. I am better off without it. I have so mans cans left over. It would be so easy for me to start again.

bizi 04-30-2017 04:18 PM

anyone you could give them to?
bizi

mymorgy 04-30-2017 04:50 PM

i am not ready to give them up yet