NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Mental Health & Emotional Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/)
-   -   I feel agitated and upset over nothing!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/247223-feel-agitated-upset.html)

Wiix 05-20-2017 10:06 PM

I feel agitated and upset over nothing!!!

This is horrible. My brain feels like it's splitting in half. I don't know what this is. I've been upset for days now and can't figure out why. :( There are a few small things bothering me but not bad enough for this.

PamelaJune 05-21-2017 01:08 AM

Sounds like you're overwrought. Agitation drains you emotionally & could explain why you feel divided. On the one hand you feel fight & flight & on the other exhaustion. You mention little things are bothering you, are you able to sit down with a cuppa and nut out a resolution or maybe come to terms with you can't do anything about them and accept they are what they are. Can you take some "me" time do something relaxing or pamper yourself? You have my sympathy mental divisiveness is the pits.

Wiix 05-21-2017 10:57 AM

Yes, I have. One thing that's really got me is how to replace my SS card. I have my birth certificate and a photo id but it seems that's not enough. How in the world do all these aliens get themselves a SS number when it's so hard for me? I was born here and I get all these obstacles thrown at me? My birth certificate has to be a notarized copy. What does that mean? :confused:

PamelaJune 05-21-2017 06:15 PM

Hi Wiix, this link should be ale to help you out :hug:

American Society of Notaries

Your birth certificate has to be sighted by a notary public person who has the approval to certify documents are true. You are best to take your original along with a photocopy so he/she can state they have sighted the original and the photocopy is a true copy. It can be quite challenging. There is a specific passage in this link relating to replacement SS cards - as below

Social Security Card
ASN recommends that notaries decline to make an attested copy of a Social Security card. The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a detailed procedure for current card holders to obtain a duplicate or replacement Social Security Card, free of charge. Since the actual credential-issuing agency will provide a duplicate or replacement, notaries should direct requests for a “copy” of a Social Security Card to the SSA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1243336)
Yes, I have. One thing that's really got me is how to replace my SS card. I have my birth certificate and a photo id but it seems that's not enough. How in the world do all these aliens get themselves a SS number when it's so hard for me? I was born here and I get all these obstacles thrown at me? My birth certificate has to be a notarized copy. What does that mean? :confused:

Jomar 05-21-2017 06:52 PM

Most national/large banks have a notary on-site..

Wiix 05-21-2017 06:56 PM

So I should take it to my bank?

Wiix 05-21-2017 11:56 PM

It is already notarized. I looked at it.

So I guess I'll just make a copy of it and send it off.

PamelaJune 05-22-2017 04:19 AM

Hi Wiix

My understanding is yo have to send off the original notarised copy. So take a copy, keep the copy and send the original notarised copy - hope that makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1243370)
It is already notarized. I looked at it.

So I guess I'll just make a copy of it and send it off.

Wiix 05-22-2017 10:08 AM

Will I get it back?

Wiix 05-22-2017 10:21 AM

All is forgiven, I just found it. :winky:

What a hassle. :hug:

PamelaJune 05-26-2017 05:32 PM

How are you feeling Wiix. I'm glad you resolved you SS issue, have you managed to resolve the other things you were worried about?

Wiix 05-26-2017 08:36 PM

Not really. :( Thanks for asking though. :hug:

PamelaJune 05-30-2017 04:43 PM

Just checking in to see how you're doing :hug:

Wiix 05-30-2017 09:07 PM

Not feeling too well physically today and still kind of agitated. I am hoping these things will resolve themselves in time. :o

Thanks for asking. :wink:

PamelaJune 05-31-2017 04:46 AM

Sending you positive thoughts and virtual hugs across the air waves :hug::hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1243854)
Not feeling too well physically today and still kind of agitated. I am hoping these things will resolve themselves in time. :o

Thanks for asking. :wink:

Wiix 06-01-2017 08:28 PM

I've been feeling off balance for quite a few days now, I have to lay down a lot. I suppose my right eye being out of focus could have something to do with it. It sends me into panic mode. :o

PAYNE1 06-03-2017 12:21 AM

(((Wiix))) Sounds like you're under a lot of stress. I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried thing such as listening to soothing music, meditation, etc.

Of course, there's always XANAX. That's what I take. :hug:

Wiix 06-03-2017 07:04 AM

I'm not into taking drugs.

PAYNE1 06-04-2017 04:51 PM

Sorry, I was sort of being facetious about the drugs. I don't like drugs either, but I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have weaned myself down from Klonopin, though. :hug:

Have you tried any other technique for stress reduction? Along with other distractions, I generally try to distract myself with other activities that require thinking about something else.

It's sure no fun having agitation, as I well know. I hope you feel more relaxed soon, dear one. I care.

Wiix 06-04-2017 05:34 PM

Another big thing I'm worried about is how much I'm sleeping. Sometimes 20 hours a day, EVERYDAY. :o

PamelaJune 06-04-2017 11:09 PM

Depression & Anxiety can cause excessive sleep. How's your vitamin D levels?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1244171)
Another big thing I'm worried about is how much I'm sleeping. Sometimes 20 hours a day, EVERYDAY. :o

Wiix 06-05-2017 12:46 AM

I'm sure it's zero. I haven't been out in the sun for at least 10 years. Being depressed is just a way of life. :o

PamelaJune 06-05-2017 08:14 PM

I rarely go out in the sun, life hurts to much to do much of anything let alone sit outside. But, my GP gave me a wonderful tip. She said even sitting in the car with the window down when your sat idling at the lights or various intersections waiting for your cars chance to move can allow enough sun through to reach our body. We don't have to be out under the sun rays, reflected sunlight will do just as good a job. Even sitting by a window inside the house can have added benefit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1244189)
I'm sure it's zero. I haven't been out in the sun for at least 10 years. Being depressed is just a way of life. :o

Wiix 06-05-2017 11:11 PM

You know it's funny. When I wake up I can't hardly wait to go back to sleep. I sleep so much I can actually set the clock by it. It's late morning nap, after lunch nap, pre supper nap, post supper nap, late evening nap, then there's the longest nap, out for the night. I just can't stay awake. If I try to fight it I get dizzy or brainfogged, or my heart beats hard and fast, it's awful.

Last day or so I've been dreaming very pleasant dreams. Don't want to wake up.

There is nothing in my life to be awake for, except for eating and going to the bathroom.

There is no place where I can just sit in the sun around here. The streets are dangerous. And the city walled off the beach. If I go to the park there is a chance I could be attacked and or robbed.