NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Mental Health & Emotional Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/)
-   -   I feel agitated and upset over nothing!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/247223-feel-agitated-upset.html)

Wiix 05-20-2017 10:06 PM

I feel agitated and upset over nothing!!!

This is horrible. My brain feels like it's splitting in half. I don't know what this is. I've been upset for days now and can't figure out why. :( There are a few small things bothering me but not bad enough for this.

PamelaJune 05-21-2017 01:08 AM

Sounds like you're overwrought. Agitation drains you emotionally & could explain why you feel divided. On the one hand you feel fight & flight & on the other exhaustion. You mention little things are bothering you, are you able to sit down with a cuppa and nut out a resolution or maybe come to terms with you can't do anything about them and accept they are what they are. Can you take some "me" time do something relaxing or pamper yourself? You have my sympathy mental divisiveness is the pits.

Wiix 05-21-2017 10:57 AM

Yes, I have. One thing that's really got me is how to replace my SS card. I have my birth certificate and a photo id but it seems that's not enough. How in the world do all these aliens get themselves a SS number when it's so hard for me? I was born here and I get all these obstacles thrown at me? My birth certificate has to be a notarized copy. What does that mean? :confused:

PamelaJune 05-21-2017 06:15 PM

Hi Wiix, this link should be ale to help you out :hug:

American Society of Notaries

Your birth certificate has to be sighted by a notary public person who has the approval to certify documents are true. You are best to take your original along with a photocopy so he/she can state they have sighted the original and the photocopy is a true copy. It can be quite challenging. There is a specific passage in this link relating to replacement SS cards - as below

Social Security Card
ASN recommends that notaries decline to make an attested copy of a Social Security card. The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a detailed procedure for current card holders to obtain a duplicate or replacement Social Security Card, free of charge. Since the actual credential-issuing agency will provide a duplicate or replacement, notaries should direct requests for a “copy” of a Social Security Card to the SSA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1243336)
Yes, I have. One thing that's really got me is how to replace my SS card. I have my birth certificate and a photo id but it seems that's not enough. How in the world do all these aliens get themselves a SS number when it's so hard for me? I was born here and I get all these obstacles thrown at me? My birth certificate has to be a notarized copy. What does that mean? :confused:

Jomar 05-21-2017 06:52 PM

Most national/large banks have a notary on-site..

Wiix 05-21-2017 06:56 PM

So I should take it to my bank?

Wiix 05-21-2017 11:56 PM

It is already notarized. I looked at it.

So I guess I'll just make a copy of it and send it off.

PamelaJune 05-22-2017 04:19 AM

Hi Wiix

My understanding is yo have to send off the original notarised copy. So take a copy, keep the copy and send the original notarised copy - hope that makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1243370)
It is already notarized. I looked at it.

So I guess I'll just make a copy of it and send it off.

Wiix 05-22-2017 10:08 AM

Will I get it back?

Wiix 05-22-2017 10:21 AM

All is forgiven, I just found it. :winky:

What a hassle. :hug: