NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Terrified (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/247262-terrified.html)

Brokenfriend 05-23-2017 11:16 PM

Terrified

I'm terrified about my future after what I've seen on the news about them wanting to get rid of the safety nets. BF:confused2::shocked::shocked::shocked::thud: :hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 05-23-2017 11:17 PM

What's going to happen to me? !!! BF:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Jomar 05-23-2017 11:35 PM

You can email or write your government officials to remind them about those with health situations and need services & help..
And you might feel better after sharing your concerns with those that make the laws..

Elected Officials | USAGov
5 ways to contact your elected officials and make your voice heard | News for College Students | USA TODAY College

Brokenfriend 05-24-2017 01:29 AM

I could not sleep last night. I didn't get any sleep until after 3 PM in the afternoon.

I called my councilor on Tuesday, and found out that my case manager who I liked does not work there anymore. That was kind of alarming also. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Kitty 05-24-2017 03:39 AM

:hug: This article may help give you some suggestions on coping with change:

11 Things To Remember With Sudden Life Changes

I hope it helps. :hug:

Mari 05-24-2017 04:03 AM

Yes, BF,:hug::hug::hug:

That Budget is scary and I feel the same way.

But my belief is that that budget will not pass and that people will keep their
benefits.

If it helps, ignore that kind of news.

M

Kitty 05-24-2017 04:11 AM

The media hypes things up in order to help their ratings. They will exaggerate things as much as they can.

They truly don't care that they are instilling fear and anxiety in their viewers.

I watch happy shows and ignore the news. They don't know everything and they report things they haven't verified yet. All in an attempt to be "first". It's shameful.

mymorgy 05-24-2017 05:34 AM

thinking of you with warm thoughts
fondly
'bobby
I am watching the news less-most of it is bs

OhKay 05-24-2017 05:48 AM

I can understand why you are so worried BF, and I'm so sorry that you are feeling so terrible :hug::hug::hug:

I'm on SSDI and have worries, too. I'm waiting to hear back about my benefit review right now and it's been a couple of months. I should have heard back by now. They may want to do a full case review this time, which is more likely because I'm only 36. It would be a huge pain in the *** and there's a slim chance I could lose benefits. Maybe that's more likely now, IDK.

Without getting too political... Consider the news about the budget cuts yesterday as suggestions... that many lawmakers on both sides of the aisle don't agree with. Nothing is set in stone regarding changes to any entitlement programs right now, and potential changes aren't likely to take effect soon. I agree with Jo*mar... writing to your local senator and congressman is a good idea. Doing something about my worries usually makes me feel better, and I think you should take the opportunity to make your voice heard.

I know that this must be a huge source of anxiety for you, BF.
My best advice is to stay away from the news because it will only feed your anxiety :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-24-2017 09:02 AM

I'll read the posts that Jo*mar put in the link.

My councilor told me yesterday that if they were taking away SSDI, that they probably wouldn't take it away from me. I wish that I could believe that. I'm close to 64, and one half. I have no were to go at this age. I have other problems with my knees, and age related things like that.

I would be up the creek if I lost benefits. I'm on medicare, and Medicaid also because of all of my councilors, and case workers, and medications. I depend on these programs. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Wiix 05-24-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1243492)
I'll read the posts that Jo*mar put in the link.

My councilor told me yesterday that if they were taking away SSDI, that they probably wouldn't take it away from me. I wish that I could believe that. I'm close to 64, and one half. I have no were to go at this age. I have other problems with my knees, and age related things like that.

I would be up the creek if I lost benefits. I'm on medicare, and Medicaid also because of all of my councilors, and case workers, and medications. I depend on these programs. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Don't worry. You'll be alright. :winky: :hug:

Brokenfriend 05-24-2017 12:37 PM

It was time for me to get my blood checked because of the Seroquel that I take. My doctor doesn't think that I need to worry about it. He says that with all of the people in the health care system who are helping me, it would be pretty hard to prove that I didn't need SSDI, and medicare, Medicaid.

I feel relieved right now.:grouphug: BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 05-24-2017 04:22 PM

Your doctor is helpful.

:hug::hug::hug:

Pamster 05-24-2017 05:51 PM

I'm really fighting the same thing, I don't think they care if they throw people into panic over thinking they are one month away from homelessness or something. I just hate the uncertainty in our collective futures right now BF. I do like Mari, do my best to tune it out and ignore it, I called today and told my reps and senators not to support the changes being suggested. Scared is no way to live.

Brokenfriend 05-25-2017 12:38 AM

Panic is like a physical pain. When panic happens, you cannot get it out of your head until it subsides. It's awful.

The media doesn't seem to have a heart. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 05-25-2017 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1243530)
Panic is like a physical pain. When panic happens, you cannot get it out of your head until it subsides. It's awful.

You are right.

They only care about greed -- keeping up their ratings.

M

OhKay 05-25-2017 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1243530)

I understand the feeling of panic, BF. I'm so sorry :hug::hug::hug:

The 24 hour news cycle is awful... same story over and over again with different commentators. A lot of it is for shock value to get ratings, which means more money from advertisers.

I take 800mg of Seroquel a day and I've never had my blood checked because of that...

Brokenfriend 05-25-2017 12:01 PM

True. The media will speculate over, and over about the same things. When they speculate about something, they can drag us through the worse case scenarios over, and over again. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-25-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1243466)
You can email or write your government officials to remind them about those with health situations and need services & help..
And you might feel better after sharing your concerns with those that make the laws..

Elected Officials | USAGov
5 ways to contact your elected officials and make your voice heard | News for College Students | USA TODAY College

I don't know if I want to contact my State representatives. Through out my life I have been disregarded because of mental health problems. I really don't think that they would care about me if I tell them that I have mental health issues. At this point, I don't trust them.
((But))
I hope that people do talk about their concerns with possibly loosing their SSDI, and medicare/Medicaid to their representatives. If they drop these programs, people are going to loose everything, and end up on the streets, and some will die, and some will commit suicide. Some will be removed from nursing homes, and all kinds of things, and more. They should think about how much of a mistake that would be. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-25-2017 02:08 PM

I heard a Governor of this State say one time that if the deficit got any worse, he would have to make cuts in mental Health. Why did he pick mental health?

They do not value people with mental health problems. That's all that I know. That's why we need people to speak up, and help us to have rights, dignity, and respect.

This is not a moral problem, it's a brain problem that we all never wanted to have. We keep making the right choices to be good citizens.

We fight these type of problems over, and over. People around us wrongfully get aggravated with us, and loose patience when we are struggling with all that we know to get through another bad experience with emotions.

BF:hug::hug::hug:

ger715 05-25-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1243551)
I don't know if I want to contact my State representatives. Through out my life I have been disregarded because of mental health problems. I really don't think that they would care about me if I tell them that I have mental health issues. At this point, I don't trust them.
((But))
I hope that people do talk about their concerns with possibly loosing their SSDI, and medicare/Medicaid to their representatives. If they drop these programs, people are going to loose everything, and end up on the streets, and some will die, and some will commit suicide. Some will be removed from nursing homes, and all kinds of things, and more. They should think about how much of a mistake that would be. BF:hug::hug::hug:

BF,
As I understand; (explained by someone in the media who cares that people are frightened)... This is just the annual yearly rate increase (cost of living, etc.) that is being discussed. You will still have an increase annually; but not as high as in the past. It has nothing to do with getting rid of the program for those in need.

Between the media and politicians, often for political reasons, count on people's fears.

Sad; BF,..... You'll be okay.

Gerry

Brokenfriend 05-26-2017 01:01 AM

I'm sorry. I have been rambling with my words. BF:hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 05-26-2017 02:32 AM

don't apologize. I am so thankful the forum is here for us to help us feel better. yesterday at the psychiatrist I froze a couple of times at the mention
of the craziiness of ryan and trump and I am 73 and I was with my psychiatrist.we are mentally ill. we can't help it. How can they be so heartless to even think what they think? I hardly watch the news now. Before I was a news junkie.
hugs
bobby

OhKay 05-26-2017 07:23 AM

You are not rambling BF. You have real concerns :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you Gerry :hug:

Brokenfriend 05-26-2017 05:55 PM

I am so tired. I am a little frozen with fear. I hate fear, and depression. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-26-2017 09:27 PM

I find myself to be freaking out. It's just happening. My muscles are tight around my body. I feel like I just cannot go through this again. I'm having suicidal thoughts. What would happen to my life if I loose support? Don't they realize?

This is something that they don't understand. It doesn't make it not real. It is very real, and I need support. BF:hug::hug::hug:

ger715 05-26-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1243623)
I find myself to be freaking out. It's just happening. My muscles are tight around my body. I feel like I just cannot go through this again. I'm having suicidal thoughts. What would happen to my life if I loose support? Don't they realize?

This is something that they don't understand. It doesn't make it not real. It is very real, and I need support. BF:hug::hug::hug:

BF;
Please try to get these thought out of your mind. You are Not going to loose support.

The scare tactics are so political and use this often to get voters to vote for their party against the other party who they try to convince those most vulnerable these things could happen. Again; most of this is scare tactics..

They should be ashamed of themselves. Journalist are leaning so much in one direction as well.

Whenever you feel the need; BF; please PM me. I will be here for you.:hug:

Gerry

Brokenfriend 05-26-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ger715 (Post 1243625)
BF;
Please try to get these thought out of your mind. You are Not going to loose support.

The scare tactics are so political and use this often to get voters to vote for their party against the other party who they try to convince those most vulnerable these things could happen. Again; most of this is scare tactics..

They should be ashamed of themselves. Journalist are leaning so much in one direction as well.

Whenever you feel the need; BF; please PM me. I will be here for you.:hug:

Gerry

Thank you Jerry. BF:hug::grouphug::hug:

bizi 05-26-2017 11:45 PM

Hugs to you friend, gerry gives good council.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi
You are a good man.:hug:

Brokenfriend 05-26-2017 11:52 PM

I'm going to take a shower. Sometimes that makes me feel better. BF:hug::grouphug::hug:

Wiix 05-27-2017 12:13 AM

A shower is a good thing. It calms the nerves. Do something else to pamper yourself like getting something good to eat and after that take a nap. ;) You're ok. Just upset from something you read. They try to upset you, don't let them. :winky: :hug:

Get some chamomile tea.

ger715 05-27-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1243626)
Thank you Jerry. BF:hug::grouphug::hug:

Know we;re here for you and do care. Glad you post when you are dealing with these type of issues.

Gerry

Mari 05-27-2017 04:47 AM

Dear BF, :hug::hug::hug:

They do this mostly for t.v. ratings.
Those folks making the t.v. shows earn a lot of my fury.

Can you watch something else? Listen to music?:)

I do understand because I can freak out too (but I only
freak out about this particular stuff a little while each day and then
go back to something else that I find calming.

M

Brokenfriend 05-27-2017 07:28 AM

The fear/panic seems to come, and go in waves. I got some sleep soon after I took a shower, and my cat woke me up at a little after 8:00 AM.

I thank you all for comforting me in this time a fear, and uncertainty. BF:hug::hug::hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 05-27-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 1243633)
Dear BF, :hug::hug::hug:

They do this mostly for t.v. ratings.
Those folks making the t.v. shows earn a lot of my fury.

Can you watch something else? Listen to music?:)

I do understand because I can freak out too (but I only
freak out about this particular stuff a little while each day and then
go back to something else that I find calming.

M

I know what you mean Mari. Allot of the TV shows reek of political agendas, and hype. This makes me angry to. They are trying to brain wash us over, and over until we accept it. I can't accept what is wrong.

This didn't happen when I was growing up, but tv seems to be corrupted. I feel the tainted side of the corruption on tv, and I get angry when I realize what they are doing.

I'm sorry to have gotten into politics. I will change the subject.

I love music, but when I feel fear, the music that I love can drive me up the wall.

I like TV, but when I feel afraid, tv can drive me up the wall.
I'm going to get out of the house today. I'm going to visit a friend who has the same hobbies in another city. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 05-27-2017 08:29 AM

Taking showers is soothing for me when I am agitated and anxious, sometimes I will take 2-3 a day when things get bad. I hope your shower helped a bit :hug::hug::hug:

I'm concerned that you have been having suicidal thoughts...
Please keep posting, and reach out to your friends to talk about what a difficult time you are having :hug:
If you continue to have suicidal thoughts and they are compelling and/or persistent, please contact the person on-call from your pdoc's office or go to the ER :hug::hug::hug:

I'll be thinking of you today BF, and hoping you get some relief from your agitation and anxiety soon :hug::hug::hug:

ger715 05-27-2017 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Brokenfriend;1243643]I know what you mean Mari. Allot of the TV shows reek of political agendas, and hype. This makes me angry to. They are trying to brain wash us over, and over until we accept it. I can't accept what is wrong.

This didn't happen when I was growing up, but tv seems to be corrupted. I feel the tainted side of the corruption on tv, and I get angry when I realize what they are doing.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

BF,
You are so right...Journalist of the past reported the facts on either side equally and let the viewer decide. They never expressed their personal views. Journalist like Walter Cronkite, Harry Reasoner, Edward R. Murrow to name a few.

Journalism as we knew it is gone. Today's journalist lead to one side and do everything in their power to get you to think and see things their way. Oh how I miss the way journalism use to be reported. Just the facts and not their personal views....

BF;
Try to take a lot of the things reported with a "grain of salt"; and then put on something enjoyable; a movie. I know you like reading the psalms from the bible; or take a walk and get some fresh air.

Gerry

Mari 05-27-2017 05:38 PM

BF,

I looked for a song or two that maybe you like:

Johnny Cash I Walk the Line - YouTube

The Dillards & Maggie Peterson - "There Is A Time" - 1963 - YouTube

M

Wiix 05-27-2017 09:03 PM

Brokenfriend 05-28-2017 10:02 PM

The pain is starting to hurt me deeply again. BF:hug::hug::hug: