NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Terrified (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/247262-terrified.html)

Brokenfriend 05-23-2017 11:16 PM

Terrified

I'm terrified about my future after what I've seen on the news about them wanting to get rid of the safety nets. BF:confused2::shocked::shocked::shocked::thud: :hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 05-23-2017 11:17 PM

What's going to happen to me? !!! BF:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Jomar 05-23-2017 11:35 PM

You can email or write your government officials to remind them about those with health situations and need services & help..
And you might feel better after sharing your concerns with those that make the laws..

Elected Officials | USAGov
5 ways to contact your elected officials and make your voice heard | News for College Students | USA TODAY College

Brokenfriend 05-24-2017 01:29 AM

I could not sleep last night. I didn't get any sleep until after 3 PM in the afternoon.

I called my councilor on Tuesday, and found out that my case manager who I liked does not work there anymore. That was kind of alarming also. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Kitty 05-24-2017 03:39 AM

:hug: This article may help give you some suggestions on coping with change:

11 Things To Remember With Sudden Life Changes

I hope it helps. :hug:

Mari 05-24-2017 04:03 AM

Yes, BF,:hug::hug::hug:

That Budget is scary and I feel the same way.

But my belief is that that budget will not pass and that people will keep their
benefits.

If it helps, ignore that kind of news.

M

Kitty 05-24-2017 04:11 AM

The media hypes things up in order to help their ratings. They will exaggerate things as much as they can.

They truly don't care that they are instilling fear and anxiety in their viewers.

I watch happy shows and ignore the news. They don't know everything and they report things they haven't verified yet. All in an attempt to be "first". It's shameful.

mymorgy 05-24-2017 05:34 AM

thinking of you with warm thoughts
fondly
'bobby
I am watching the news less-most of it is bs

OhKay 05-24-2017 05:48 AM

I can understand why you are so worried BF, and I'm so sorry that you are feeling so terrible :hug::hug::hug:

I'm on SSDI and have worries, too. I'm waiting to hear back about my benefit review right now and it's been a couple of months. I should have heard back by now. They may want to do a full case review this time, which is more likely because I'm only 36. It would be a huge pain in the *** and there's a slim chance I could lose benefits. Maybe that's more likely now, IDK.

Without getting too political... Consider the news about the budget cuts yesterday as suggestions... that many lawmakers on both sides of the aisle don't agree with. Nothing is set in stone regarding changes to any entitlement programs right now, and potential changes aren't likely to take effect soon. I agree with Jo*mar... writing to your local senator and congressman is a good idea. Doing something about my worries usually makes me feel better, and I think you should take the opportunity to make your voice heard.

I know that this must be a huge source of anxiety for you, BF.
My best advice is to stay away from the news because it will only feed your anxiety :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-24-2017 09:02 AM

I'll read the posts that Jo*mar put in the link.

My councilor told me yesterday that if they were taking away SSDI, that they probably wouldn't take it away from me. I wish that I could believe that. I'm close to 64, and one half. I have no were to go at this age. I have other problems with my knees, and age related things like that.

I would be up the creek if I lost benefits. I'm on medicare, and Medicaid also because of all of my councilors, and case workers, and medications. I depend on these programs. BF:hug::hug::hug: