NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   A notice of Denial (Frightened) (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/247586-notice-denial-frightened.html)

Brokenfriend 06-17-2017 02:24 AM

A notice of Denial (Frightened)

I received a letter of denial that my last 60 minute Psychotherapy was not going to be paid for from my medicare/Medicaid insurance policy.:thud: I received this letter on Friday afternoon, and read it Friday night. I'm frightened about this. I have to wait till Monday morning until I can get in touch with the system. My case manager quit about a month ago, and I'm going to have to talk to somebody else to appeal this action. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-17-2017 02:29 AM

It was a notice of Denial of Payment. I don't understand. This really shakes me up, and I'm very worried about it. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 06-17-2017 03:13 AM

That really stinks.

Try to keep hope until Monday when you call to find out what is going on.

Maybe they made a mistake.

M

mymorgy 06-17-2017 04:49 AM

it sounds like some kind of mix up

OhKay 06-17-2017 07:32 AM

BF, my guess is that for some reason, they did not receive a referral prior to the appointment. You should also contact whoever is in charge of getting referrals for you to find out if they submitted one for that appointment or if you had enough referrals prior to that appointment.

I'm sure everything will work out :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-17-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1244926)
BF, my guess is that for some reason, they did not receive a referral prior to the appointment. You should also contact whoever is in charge of getting referrals for you to find out if they submitted one for that appointment or if you had enough referrals prior to that appointment.

I'm sure everything will work out :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you Kay. I went to a group therapy meeting a couple of weeks ago. My Nurse Practitioner, and my councilor were happy about that. My councilor was holding the meeting in her office. I wonder if there was a mix up about that with the insurance people.

The insurance people specifically said, "Psychotherapy, 60 minutes with patient and/or family member". There were no dates, just code numbers. It's impossible for me to know what they meant at this time.

You all probably know how I reacted to this letter. I felt panic, fear, and discouragement when I read this. I read that part over, and over trying to understand what they were saying. This is the first "Notice of Denial of Payment" that I've received. It's just not fair, and especially when I don't have a case manager at this time. They are looking to hire another case manager, but as of yet, they have not found one. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 06-18-2017 02:12 AM

BF,

I hope things get worked out in your favor.:hug::hug::hug:

M

Brokenfriend 06-18-2017 10:07 PM

Thank you Mari. I'm going to be making telephone calls tomorrow morning. I've had this burden all weekend. I've already made some phone calls, and left messages.

If the letter came on Monday through Thursday, it would have been easier on me. (((But))) It came on Friday night, when all of the offices are closed until Monday morning.:eek: BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 06-19-2017 03:38 AM

BF,

Weekends and holidays can be hard on folks with anxiety.

I hope that Monday you can get some assistance.

M

OhKay 06-19-2017 05:21 AM

I would have felt the same way BF, especially if I got something like that late on a Friday :hug:

I get very anxious about things like that. I know you have left messages. I wouldn't leave anymore, but I would keep calling until you get living people. That's the only way you are going to get answers, get the matter resolved, and get some relief from your anxiety :hug::hug::hug:

These types of things can look scary, but it's probably not the final verdict. Call the insurance company and ask what the code means. The pdoc or therapist who provided the service and whoever requests referrals for you (PCP's office staff?) should be helpful in getting things straightened out for you :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-19-2017 10:42 AM

I called five agencies trying to straighten things out, and to get answers. It's possibly a mistake. The Insurance people said It will be up to 60 days before I will know. I'm taking the form to my counseling center this afternoon.

Thank you all for helping me out through this. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but it did. BF:hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 06-19-2017 10:50 AM

I think it would make any even normal person panic

Brokenfriend 06-19-2017 12:13 PM

My councilor returned my call, and said it would not be my fault after hearing what I said, they said, and what she read about the date in question. I finally found the day of therapy in question in the letter. I'm starting to feel better. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Pamster 06-19-2017 05:44 PM

So glad you got some feedback on this BF, I am really sorry you had a panic attack, I think I might too. Denial letters suck. Keep us posted.

Brokenfriend 06-19-2017 11:16 PM

As I said earlier, I don't know why this bothered me so much. Fear, and obsession are very delusional. I can not think clearly when I'm having panic, and are alarmed.

I'm concerned about these emotions that I have had recently. I seem to be getting a little worse in the last 6 months. I don't know why this is happening. I hope that these alarming feelings become less intensifying, and start to subside. I'm feeling better at this time. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 06-20-2017 01:57 AM

BF,

I am glad that you are feeling hopeful.

M

OhKay 06-20-2017 05:15 AM

When my anxiety is really high it takes me a while before I can think clearly, too. But I get windows when I can catch my breath and I find a rational thought I can hold onto. Sometimes I have to write it down, but I build on that thought, and it helps me talk myself down, at least temporarily. Sometimes I have to do that a few times tho.

Of course one of those denial notices would be alarming :hug::hug::hug:
I got a TON of them following a psych hospital stay. It's a long story, but I knew why I was getting them, but was still very upset about the situation.

Wiix 06-20-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 1244910)
That really stinks.

Try to keep hope until Monday when you call to find out what is going on.

Maybe they made a mistake.

M

I've noticed a lot of mistakes going on in the system lately. :mad:

Brokenfriend 06-23-2017 12:06 PM

Since the news yesterday about Medicaid, I'm frightened again. When I heard the news at 5:00 AM, I had a panic attack. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Gethprime 06-23-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1245395)
Since the news yesterday about Medicaid, I'm frightened again. When I heard the news at 5:00 AM, I had a panic attack. BF:hug::hug::hug:

When I went to my therapist (1st one) everything went fine for the 1st 2 1 hr sessions. When I went to schedule a 3rd one I was informed that they were out of network. :( I then got another session with a different therapist across my city. During my first meeting with her......my right arm started feeling tense/numb/tingling. I wasnt feeling like this during my 1st meet with my original therapist. Needless to say that day I could not sleep at all and couldnt sleep the following day either because my tension/anxiety was so bad because of the new therapist.

Mari 06-23-2017 07:38 PM

BF,

Many hugs. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Many of us are astonished and not happy but the bill has not passed yet and
even if it did pass it can all be undone by a different Congress and a different
President and fixed so that it is humane.

The bad parts of the bill will not take affect for a couple of years.
(The good parts of the bill for people will go into affect almost immediately)

M

Brokenfriend 06-24-2017 01:21 AM

Thank you Mari. I just emailed both of my States Senators who obviously were in favor of the new health care plan.

I was diplomatic, and told them that I truly need Medicaid. I am very humbled about having to write to my leaders about these issues.

If I don't, how will they know who they would hurt. They have to hear from us who would be affected. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-24-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gethprime (Post 1245411)
When I went to my therapist (1st one) everything went fine for the 1st 2 1 hr sessions. When I went to schedule a 3rd one I was informed that they were out of network. :( I then got another session with a different therapist across my city. During my first meeting with her......my right arm started feeling tense/numb/tingling. I wasnt feeling like this during my 1st meet with my original therapist. Needless to say that day I could not sleep at all and couldnt sleep the following day either because my tension/anxiety was so bad because of the new therapist.

Dear Gethprime. I am sorry that you are having anxiety issues, and I understand how complicated, and frightening they can be. I know the sleepless nights that can happen with these anxiety issues.

Welcome to the bipolar forum area. I'm sorry that you are suffering. The Bipolar forum area is here for you. Brokenfriend:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 06-24-2017 07:05 AM

The only way the senate can pass this bill in any form is through a process called "budget reconciliation". Because of that, they have one bite at the apple a year, so the Republicans won't even vote on the bill if they don't know it will pass. They will not get any votes in favor of this bill from Democrats, and can't lose more than 2 Republican votes. Right now, more than 6 Republican senators have said they can't vote for the bill in its current form, and they all want something different changed before they will...

There's a good chance that they won't be able to come to a consensus, at least not as soon as they would like, and then there would be changes. Hopefully, a lot of changes.

Some people are saying highly inflammatory things right now. Some of them are really scary. I can't listen to those comments or the particulars of the bill anymore because it's driving up my anxiety.
I would avoid watching or listening to the news it because it seems like it's really exacerbating your anxiety, too.

mymorgy 06-24-2017 07:12 AM

The last i heard no democrats will vote for it and five republicans won't vote for it. at least some people are sane

Brokenfriend 06-24-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1245447)
The only way the senate can pass this bill in any form is through a process called "budget reconciliation". Because of that, they have one bite at the apple a year, so the Republicans won't even vote on the bill if they don't know it will pass. They will not get any votes in favor of this bill from Democrats, and can't lose more than 2 Republican votes. Right now, more than 6 Republican senators have said they can't vote for the bill in its current form, and they all want something different changed before they will...

There's a good chance that they won't be able to come to a consensus, at least not as soon as they would like, and then there would be changes. Hopefully, a lot of changes.

Some people are saying highly inflammatory things right now. Some of them are really scary. I can't listen to those comments or the particulars of the bill anymore because it's driving up my anxiety.
I would avoid watching or listening to the news it because it seems like it's really exacerbating your anxiety, too.

Kay Thank you for the information. The last I heard it was five senators who would not support the current status of the bill. As you said some people are saying inflammatory things right now that drives me up the wall with anxiety, and alarm. BF:hug::hug::hug:

davOD 06-24-2017 12:05 PM

This whole thing makes me sick!

68 times the GOP voted to repeal the ACA.....Not once did they attempt to help fix it?

2 years ago Marco Rubio made sure that the insurance companies who would lose money wouldn't get the funding, so it would fail.

I thought this was the UNITED states of America?....instead the 1% will get an $800,000,000+ refund....

What sad times we live in!

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 12:39 AM

I am very troubled about the whole thing. Who could I email that could make a difference? Who could I talk to?

I talked to someone in a Senators office last week. It didn't seem to make a difference. I have emailed my States Senators, and another Senator who is not going to vote for the current bill as it is according to the news.

The pressure of this is awful. I'm already a burden for my brother in law as it is. I don't know what's going to happen to me.

I wish that my case manager didn't quit/or was fired a month ago. I don't know which. What horrible timing. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 12:43 AM

My parents have passed away. My sister has passed way. I cannot talk to anyone in the family. I'm troubled. It's a painful pressure. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 01:00 AM

Mental health treatment, and the medications are expensive without Medicaid. We don't want to have mental health problems either.

What am I suppose to do at 64 years of age? Has the government lost their hearts in the middle of all of the powerful, and wealthy? BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 06-25-2017 06:26 AM

You are right, BF… I saw on the news this morning that it is 5 senators. But others are apparently still deciding where they stand, at least publicly.

On Medicare, some meds are very expensive or aren't covered at all. I hit the donut hole in 2015, and was using coupons at 3 different pharmacies to help pay for my meds. I can't take some meds my doctors want me to take because they're too expensive. I'm in that position now, for the third time this year. It's hard enough if you don't qualify for extra help, so I can understand your concerns about losing Medicaid coverage :hug::hug::hug:

BF, I know it's hard, but try not to think too far into the future, or think of other things that may cause you more grief and compound your current emotional state :hug::hug::hug:

Mari 06-25-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1245493)
Mental health treatment, and the medications are expensive without Medicaid. We don't want to have mental health problems either.

What am I suppose to do at 64 years of age? Has the government lost their hearts in the middle of all of the powerful, and wealthy? BF:hug::hug::hug:

Medicare (Federal money and safe for the most part) is being treated differently from Medicaid (states money . . . and not safe right now) in this stupid bill.

There is nothing any of us can do because we do not get to vote in the Senate.

I did call my senator and even called a senator somewhere else in the country too. I called and asked the staff member how the senator planned to vote on the bill. Then I picked one thing about the bill and explained how that part would be devastating to my family.

We can give glory and praise to God.
Let it go and and let him work it out.

M

mymorgy 06-25-2017 10:04 AM

I heard that four of the five republican holdouts want more restrictions...

Mari 06-25-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1245523)
I heard that four of the five republican holdouts want more restrictions...

Right. I think that the want to make the bill even worse. ----

but I think they are also playing a game by saying "no" and still

saving their careers.

=-=-
But I only paid attention on the first day and have stopped listening up
so I do not know what I am talking about.

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1245502)
You are right, BF… I saw on the news this morning that it is 5 senators. But others are apparently still deciding where they stand, at least publicly.

On Medicare, some meds are very expensive or aren't covered at all. I hit the donut hole in 2015, and was using coupons at 3 different pharmacies to help pay for my meds. I can't take some meds my doctors want me to take because they're too expensive. I'm in that position now, for the third time this year. It's hard enough if you don't qualify for extra help, so I can understand your concerns about losing Medicaid coverage :hug::hug::hug:

BF, I know it's hard, but try not to think too far into the future, or think of other things that may cause you more grief and compound your current emotional state :hug::hug::hug:

I seem to be obsessed, and keep going through tailspins of fear, and confusion about the whole mater. I forgot how bad that I feel with dread. I seem to keep thinking about it in the back of my mind.

I have some hope. These maters are in the Lord's hands, and I am in His. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 1245512)
Medicare (Federal money and safe for the most part) is being treated differently from Medicaid (states money . . . and not safe right now) in this stupid bill.

There is nothing any of us can do because we do not get to vote in the Senate.

I did call my senator and even called a senator somewhere else in the country too. I called and asked the staff member how the senator planned to vote on the bill. Then I picked one thing about the bill and explained how that part would be devastating to my family.

We can give glory and praise to God.
Let it go and and let him work it out.

M

Hi Mari. It is a stupid bill. It would remove the safe foundation for the poor, and help the rich. It would destroy the lives of the poor who are sick, and because of sickness, they are poor. The United States use to know that, and that's why they created Medicaid in the first place. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 11:59 AM

When I got my letter of denial about a week ago, it came with about 25 different languages.

Are people who are not citizens receiving Medicaid? I wonder what's going on. BF:grouphug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 12:38 PM

I looked to see who would be harmed in the new health care bill.

Women,and child birth, Emergency room services, and MENTAL HEALTH treatment.:mad:

OK. That just reaffirms the fact that people in general don't care about people who have mental health problems. We don't mean anything to them. Our problems are not to be worried about, and they just would want to let us go, and be out of their mind.

This is mean as #@*% !!! BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 06-25-2017 12:45 PM

We do mater. We are created by God. We are citizens. We have special needs. We are human beings. We all have worth.

I hope that the 5 Senators change the bill so that Mental Health is included in the new health care bill if it comes into being, but to leave us out of the insurance, and/or Medicaid is mean, and cold hearted.

Sorry. I'm talking to much. BF:hug::hug::hug:

davOD 06-25-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1245576)
I looked to see who would be harmed in the new health care bill.

Women,and child birth, Emergency room services, and MENTAL HEALTH treatment.:mad:

OK. That just reaffirms the fact that people in general don't care about people who have mental health problems. We don't mean anything to them. Our problems are not to be worried about, and they just would want to let us go, and be out of their mind.

This is mean as #@*% !!! BF:hug::hug::hug:

There is also a huge hit for the elderly who are in homes that cant care for thereselfs...

This is nothing new....The attack on the poor,sick,disabled, and elderly has been around for 40 years....

But this time it will have more teeth as only one party controls are three parts of governement.....

Expect the worse, hope for the best!