NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Nilotinib in Parkinson's Disease (NILO-PD) (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/248133-nilotinib-parkinsons-disease-nilo-pd.html)

badboy99 07-03-2017 09:05 AM

Nilotinib in Parkinson's Disease (NILO-PD)

Nilotinib in Parkinson's Disease - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Tupelo3 07-03-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy99 (Post 1246298)

Thanks badboy, you beat me to this. The trial is set to begin recruitment for Cohort 1 in mid-September. There will be 25 site locations throughout the U.S. There will be no test site locations outside of the U.S..

Tupelo3 07-05-2017 12:41 PM

Upcoming Nilotinib trial

I'm curious to know if anyone on the site is considering volunteering for the Nilotinib trial that will begin soon.

anagirl 07-05-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tupelo3 (Post 1246463)
I'm curious to know if anyone on the site is considering volunteering for the Nilotinib trial that will begin soon.

I would consider volunteering. My Neurologist is at UCSF in San Francisco. I'm not sure if they are participating, but if so - I would consider.

wxxu 07-20-2017 10:19 PM

Trial Site in Philly?

My MDS is in Philly and he told me that Penn will be probably picked up as another site to cover the area, and if this happens he will sign me up. I am waiting for his feedback now and will sign up as long as there is a workable location for me...Will

Tupelo3 07-20-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wxxu (Post 1247614)
My MDS is in Philly and he told me that Penn will be probably picked up as another site to cover the area, and if this happens he will sign me up. I am waiting for his feedback now and will sign up as long as there is a workable location for me...Will

That's great Will, glad to hear that. Yes, Penn will be one of the trial locations. It's good that you told him of your interest now as there isn't going to be that many available slots at each location. 75 total for 25 sites.

Debi Brooks 07-28-2017 12:56 PM

Repurposing Nilotinib in Parkinson’s

I wanted to share more information on the new Phase IIa clinical trial funded by our Foundation (MJFF) to test the safety and tolerability of nilotinib in Parkinson’s disease. The trial will investigate the potential of repurposing nilotinib (which many in the patient community know is an FDA-approved treatment for cancer of the white blood cells) in Parkinson’s disease.

You can read more details on the nilotinib trial on our blog and download our guide on what patients and families should know about repurposed therapies.

-Debi

Tupelo3 07-28-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debi Brooks (Post 1248038)
I wanted to share more information on the new Phase IIa clinical trial funded by our Foundation (MJFF) to test the safety and tolerability of nilotinib in Parkinson’s disease. The trial will investigate the potential of repurposing nilotinib (which many in the patient community know is an FDA-approved treatment for cancer of the white blood cells) in Parkinson’s disease.

You can read more details on the nilotinib trial on our blog and download our guide on what patients and families should know about repurposed therapies.

-Debi

Thanks Debi!

Link to full press release:

Michael J. Fox Foundation Announces Award to Drive Phase IIa Clinical Trial Investigating Potential Safety and Benefit of Nilotinib in Parkinson's Disease | Parkinson's Disease

jeffreyn 08-01-2017 07:14 AM

The SoPD blog has just posted an article covering the two nilotinib phase II trials (i.e. Georgetown Uni. and MJFF et al.). The article includes a lot of background information, plus links to papers/articles containing further information.

Nilotinib: the other phase II trial | The Science of Parkinson's disease

ashleyk 08-01-2017 09:26 AM

Can you wait until 2020+?

The Georgetown study will recruit 75 subjects and will be completed in July 2020.