NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   Best B Complex Vitimins for Mental Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/248419-complex-vitimins-mental-health.html)

Skeezyks 07-14-2017 07:18 PM

Best B Complex Vitimins for Mental Health

The following request has been posted on the PsychCentral website. If someone can offer some guidance, I'll relay it back to the PC member who made the request. Thanks! :grouphug:

Hi, I've heard some mention positive experiences when taking B complex vitamins as a way to lesson anxiety and depression especially when it is linked to deficiency issues.

However, I am bewildered by all the different ingredients and supposed quantities that make up the b complex. This is making it hard for me to choose a product to buy. Of course I could just get general store brand but I'm looking for something that maybe optimised for improving mental health.

Does anyone had experience with any highly regarded b complex brand /product that are helpful for improving mental health issues?

Many thanks.

kiwi33 07-14-2017 08:16 PM

I think that mrsD knows more about this than other NT members.

She would be in a position to offer other NT members thoughts about this.

Vowel Lady 06-29-2018 10:27 PM

Mrs. D is wonderful on the topic, but is sick at this time. You might see if you can find old posts of hers in this forum.

Also, you might consider going to a good health food store and ask someone knowledgeable on the subject. I recall years ago I went to a nutritionist for a few appointments and she told me when in doubt to stick to the brands well known for being good in quality like Jarrow or Solaray.

I take a B Complex, extra B12 and extra B6. I look for a low dose of the extra B6 as I understand too much can be harmful. I take methyl. B12 and look for sublingual or chewable. I do not worry about my dosage of B12 as I understand it is not stored/does not build up and it is safe to take a high dosage.

Additionally, I take a good multi and extra D3.

I have found a multi vitamin along with extra D3 and extra B vitamins very helpful for my issues with mild depression.

Best wishes.

Jomar 06-30-2018 10:10 PM

Here is a Supplement rating/testing site with rankings on products.
Supplement Rankings - Labdoor

mrsD posted info about this site this a few years ago..
I found it helpful in choosing reliable brands..

GeeLuv 02-23-2020 04:58 PM

I take Thorne b complex #6. It has very few added ingredients.

caroline2 08-13-2020 01:51 PM

I do NOT presently take a B complex but have been taking Inosiotol for at least 10 yrs I'd say...it's great and keeps me "even" "level" and calmed down if I get out of the calm state. I take other B's separately as well.

Here is a really straight forward link on Inositol.

Inositol | Mental Health America