NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   My OCD problem (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/248480-ocd.html)

Brokenfriend 07-18-2017 12:46 AM

My OCD problem

My OCD seems to have gotten worse recently. I'm checking things over, and over, and I'm doing things over, and over.

I don't know what's going on. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 07-18-2017 06:58 AM

I'm sorry, BF. I know how terrible OCD can be :hug::hug::hug:

My OCD usually acts up when my GAD does, or when something significant, usually stressful, is going on in my life. I seldom experience the depressive side of BP, but OCD rears its ugly head then, too.

What do you usually do to treat your OCD when it flares up?

I hope you find some relief soon :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 07-18-2017 07:21 AM

I am sorry friend.
My tdoc yesterday said that I was experiencing classic OCD type behaviors with my incessant picking. She asked me if I was on welbutrin...I am not.
Don't think that I can take that. Although I don't think it is an SSRI....not sure if it would not make me manic.
Maybe it would help me not drink????
That would be good. I think it helps with cigarette smoking, so maybe????
I see my pdoc next very soon.
Maybe I can ask about that.

I hope that you find some comfort today. Do something that you enjoy, try to distract your self from your reoccurring thoughts if the is possible.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

OhKay 07-18-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1247405)
I am sorry friend.
My tdoc yesterday said that I was experiencing classic OCD type behaviors with my incessant picking. She asked me if I was on welbutrin...I am not.
Don't think that I can take that. Although I don't think it is an SSRI....not sure if it would not make me manic.

I hope that you find some comfort today. Do something that you enjoy, try to distract your self from your reoccurring thoughts if the is possible.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

You are not on a therapeutic dose of a mood stabilizer, even if you were, being BPI I would NOT take Wellbutrin, or any other antidepressant.

bizi 07-18-2017 07:54 AM

Kay, I take 400mg of lamictal which is a mood stabilizer.
bizi

Dmom3005 07-18-2017 04:35 PM

Wellbutrin is supposed to help with cigarette smoking yes.
My son was on it, and it really didn't help with that for him.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 07-18-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1247397)
I'm sorry, BF. I know how terrible OCD can be :hug::hug::hug:

My OCD usually acts up when my GAD does, or when something significant, usually stressful, is going on in my life. I seldom experience the depressive side of BP, but OCD rears its ugly head then, too.

What do you usually do to treat your OCD when it flares up?

I hope you find some relief soon :hug::hug::hug:

Hi Kay. I'm on the maximum dose of Luvox, so my nurse practitioner won't be able to increase the dosage.

This is a first. My ocd has been accumulative. I seem to be checking, and checking, and checking until the top of my head becomes tightened. I don't know what to do.

I'm going to see my nurse practitioner around the end of the month. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 07-18-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1247405)
I am sorry friend.

(((((HUGS))))
bizi

Thank you Bizi. BF:hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 07-19-2017 07:57 AM

Wellbutrin didn't help me with smoking either.

I still would not suggest taking any antidepressant, Bizi.

Sometimes the severity and nature of OCD can just change, and needs a different approach, or an extra kick in the butt. It's different for everyone... According to my pdoc, there are some studies that show that Seroquel is effective in managing OCD sx. I'm glad that you're going to see your NP soon, BF :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 07-19-2017 12:20 PM

Thank you Kay. The Seroquel helps me to not talk to often about different things that are maybe not necessary. I noticed this immediately after I first started taking it. BF:hug::hug::hug: