NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Having your Doc fiil out a form/Reconsideration. (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/248772-doc-fiil-form-reconsideration.html)

Alice P 08-09-2017 03:08 PM

Having your Doc fiil out a form/Reconsideration.

I received an email from my lawyer telling me that she is sending me some forms and asking me to have my doctors fill out the form in regards to my medical condition's . Does this help or is it a waste of time ? I'm currently in Reconsideration.

echoes long ago 08-09-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice P (Post 1248724)
I received an email from my lawyer telling me that she is sending me some forms and asking me to have my doctors fill out the form in regards to my medical condition's . Does this help or is it a waste of time ? I'm currently in Reconsideration.

the percentage of people approved at the reconsideratrion stage is not high but it does happen. its impossible to predict if it is a waste of time in your particular case. one thing is for sure, it wont be approved if you dont get those forms filled out. my state did not have a reconsideration stage, so after i was turned down on my initial application i had to wait two years to get a hearing. to me its worth the shot.

Alice P 08-10-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1248737)
the percentage of people approved at the reconsideratrion stage is not high but it does happen. its impossible to predict if it is a waste of time in your particular case. one thing is for sure, it wont be approved if you dont get those forms filled out. my state did not have a reconsideration stage, so after i was turned down on my initial application i had to wait two years to get a hearing. to me its worth the shot.

Thanks for replying. In the e-mail my lawyer states "Your doctor does not have to fill out these forms but it can be helpful in your case if they are willing to do so."

I have three doctors treating me and trying to get three doctors to fill out a form and mail it back to me seems like a huge task because doctors move at a snail's pace. It could be weeks before this is done and I want to get on with it , the sooner I get the denial, the sooner I get a hearing .

On the other hand, if having the forms fill out is a game changer for reconsideration then it would be worth the days/weeks it takes to get it all together.

davOD 08-10-2017 11:38 AM

I had my Neuropsychologist fill my forms out....That was the Dr. who understood my disability better than any other Dr. that I had....So my suggestion is the Dr. that understands why you would be disabled would be best to fill it out.....I listed all my Dr.s on the forms to start, but used the one most helpful in my case. Hope that helps some?

echoes long ago 08-10-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice P (Post 1248783)
Thanks for replying. In the e-mail my lawyer states "Your doctor does not have to fill out these forms but it can be helpful in your case if they are willing to do so."

I have three doctors treating me and trying to get three doctors to fill out a form and mail it back to me seems like a huge task because doctors move at a snail's pace. It could be weeks before this is done and I want to get on with it , the sooner I get the denial, the sooner I get a hearing .

On the other hand, if having the forms fill out is a game changer for reconsideration then it would be worth the days/weeks it takes to get it all together.

it may also keep you from having to wait years for a hearing.

Alice P 08-10-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1248785)
I had my Neuropsychologist fill my forms out....That was the Dr. who understood my disability better than any other Dr. that I had....So my suggestion is the Dr. that understands why you would be disabled would be best to fill it out.....I listed all my Dr.s on the forms to start, but used the one most helpful in my case. Hope that helps some?

That's a good idea, in my case it would be my Pulmonologist (COPD/sleep apnea ).

I have decided that its worth taking the time to do this after rereading the e-mail for my lawyer. So I will post any new info as it happens .

Thanks for the info/response.

Alice P 08-10-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1248785)

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1248791)
it may also keep you from having to wait years for a hearing.

I'm going to do it. Its worth a shot. Thanks.

Alice P 08-14-2017 04:58 PM

Update

I took the forms to the three Drs that are currently treating me today. I was told at one Drs office that they would fill out the forms, BUT they charge $15 dollars A PAGE ! Thankfully there are only three pages that are going to that Dr.

At the other two Drs. offices they just took the forms and said that they would pass them along to the Drs , I don't know if the other Doctors charge a fee. The forms that I gave my pulmonologist is fourteen pages , so if he charges me its going to be really expensive.

echoes long ago 08-14-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice P (Post 1249000)
Update

I took the forms to the three Drs that are currently treating me today. I was told at one Drs office that they would fill out the forms, BUT they charge $15 dollars A PAGE ! Thankfully there are only three pages that are going to that Dr.

At the other two Drs. offices they just took the forms and said that they would pass them along to the Drs , I don't know if the other Doctors charge a fee. The forms that I gave my pulmonologist is fourteen pages , so if he charges me its going to be really expensive.

make your own copies when you get the forms back so that you have it in the future if you need it again.