NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I have gotten old fast (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/248786-gotten-fast.html)

mymorgy 08-11-2017 05:39 AM

I have gotten old fast

I signed up at dorot where I take my classes over the phone to have a rosh hashanah(sp) dinner brought to me with a friendly visitor. they asked if there were ever bed bugs in the building and i goofed and said yes but not for five or six years. the woman said I needed a note from the management saying there weren't there anymore. then I said can we forget I said it. It was at least 5 years ago and it is a new super and new management. she said she will find out. rats I said they were on the fourth floor and I am on the 18 floor.
she said I can ask the friendly visitor questions about themselves since I like to talk about mental stuff or right now north korea lol

Mari 08-11-2017 05:46 AM

Wow, Bobby.

Was the woman being helpful?

M

mymorgy 08-11-2017 06:01 AM

the woman was stereotypical nice person who spoke with an educated voice and was thrown off when I mentioned north korea-she obviously blocks unpleasantness lol
can you believe I did it. I never celebrate Jewish holidays and always spend them by myself.

bizi 08-11-2017 08:46 AM

This is wonderful!
Maybe you could find a sader(not sure how you spell that) dinner to go to?
Is there a synagogue near you?
((((HUGS)))))
bizi

mymorgy 08-11-2017 10:20 AM

yes but you have to join and i don't fit in

Mari 08-11-2017 03:20 PM

Some people go only once a year.

Anyway, people are nice on holidays.

M

mymorgy 08-11-2017 04:28 PM

I wasn't raised in a traditional family. I went to a private school where there was only one other jew in my class.I have never fit in. after my explosion when i was 35 I was afraid of life and afraid of death. I became friendly with a much younger Jewish orthodox Jew and boy did we talk. I had studied the I Ching and she said my beliefs were like orthodoxy. that is how I got into Judaism. She is still one of my very best friends and lives in Israel now and has cancer. This is the first time I reached out for a dinner.

mymorgy 08-11-2017 05:14 PM

I don't want to go to temple. I would feel out of place. I don't feel out of place reading spiritual books and listening to lectures. I am not a ritual Jew

mymorgy 08-11-2017 06:03 PM

Why did G‑d give me mental illness? - Chabad.org

OhKay 08-12-2017 05:02 AM

Thank you for that link, Bobby. I enjoyed reading it. I really like the idea about the 2 suitcases. I found it comforting.

I'm sure not growing up going to temple or knowing someone who goes to one makes it hard to start up. I think I would be very uncomfortable, too. I'm glad you find comfort in God, and are happy with the way you practice your religion now.
I didn't know that you and Suri had been friends for so long. I hope she is doing okay :hug::hug::hug:

I think having a "friendly visitor" deliver you dinner on Rosh hashanah would be nice. I suppose getting that letter about the past bug problem could be a pain, but I hope you either don't need it or it's easy to get.

I kinda got a chuckle when you mentioned you dropped the topic of North Korea on her. I suppose she was taken off guard... keep them on their feet, Bobby! :)