NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Lost a friend who helped me deal with my chronic illness (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/248819-lost-friend-helped-deal-chronic-illness.html)

RSD ME 08-14-2017 05:13 PM

Lost a friend who helped me deal with my chronic illness

I lost a friend who helped me deal with my chronic illness (rsd aka reflex sympathetic dystrophy). He also happened to be my psychiatrist who passed away last wednesday from a rare chronic stem cell disease. He tried for 14 months to beat it but just couldn't fight it any longer. I feel so sad and lost without him. He has helped me since I was first diagnosed with my rare illness and I don't know how I am going to find another doctor who will understand what I am going through. He did understand and I will miss him very much. My heart and prayers go out to his wife and family. I feel so badly for them most of all. I just needed to talk a little. I've been so down since it happened and still haven't been able to grasp the reality of it all. It just happened so fast. Thank you for listening. I know I can always count on my NT family for compassion and support.

Brokenfriend 08-14-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSD ME (Post 1249002)
I lost a friend who helped me deal with my chronic illness (rsd aka reflex sympathetic dystrophy). He also happened to be my psychiatrist who passed away last wednesday from a rare chronic stem cell disease. He tried for 14 months to beat it but just couldn't fight it any longer. I feel so sad and lost without him. He has helped me since I was first diagnosed with my rare illness and I don't know how I am going to find another doctor who will understand what I am going through. He did understand and I will miss him very much. My heart and prayers go out to his wife and family. I feel so badly for them most of all. I just needed to talk a little. I've been so down since it happened and still haven't been able to grasp the reality of it all. It just happened so fast. Thank you for listening. I know I can always count on my NT family for compassion and support.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that this kind of pain, and grief is deep. I'm sending (((Hugs))) your way. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Porkette 08-15-2017 05:11 AM

Hi RSD ME,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Remember your friend is in a better place now. My prayers are with you and your friends family. May God Bless You!

Sue

ger715 08-22-2017 08:38 PM

RSD,
So sorry for the loss of someone who really appeared to be very compassionate and caring. Sad.

Pray you will again soon get another doctor to guide and give you the strength needed to cope with all you are dealing with.

Gerry

nevetland 06-29-2019 07:53 PM

So Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSD ME (Post 1249002)

I understand how important a good friend can be to hang out with us who suffer chronic pain. I too lost my best friend who made life more bearable and could hang out no matter how down and out I felt. I pray that you and I may find another empathetic soul to lighten your/our load.

Mari 10-17-2019 01:47 AM

So Sorry RSD ME,

Losing someone is hard.

Sending you lots of hugs.

M

funnylegs4 06-30-2020 12:50 PM

I'm so so very sorry you lost your friend. Friendship is so precious.

Kitt 06-30-2020 05:52 PM

So sorry for your loss. :icon_sad:

Kitt