NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Nephew engaged to girl w/ bipolar (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/249006-nephew-engaged-girl-bipolar.html)

Mari 08-29-2017 02:16 AM

Nephew engaged to girl w/ bipolar

My Manic brother's son is about 21 years old. The son does
not seem bipolar to me.
He fell in love with a girl a few years older who has a now two-year old child from someone else.

They met a little over a year ago. Then they broke up.
Today they announced on facebook that they are engaged.
Happy people.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Great to be beautiful and able to welcome the goodness of the world. :heartthrob:

M

OhKay 08-29-2017 07:01 AM

That is happy news, Mari :hug:

bizi 08-29-2017 10:36 AM

Do you know when the wedding will be? Will you go if you are able?
bizi

Mari 08-29-2017 04:25 PM

Kids nowadays do not necessarily do engagements like we remember.

It means commitment -- not sure exactly what -- but they took a big facebook picture of neighbors and friends and family celelebrating so it means something.

I am a little worried about the possibility of the two of them having bipolar -- mine did manifest until mid/last 20s and my nephew could have the
same weirdness that his his father/my brother has.

M

Dmom3005 08-29-2017 06:28 PM

Mari

There is no way of knowing but if he does. The fact that they both do may help them understand each other.

My sisiter and brother-in-law are both Bipolar, they compliment each other.

Donna :grouphug::hug:

Mari 08-30-2017 01:50 AM

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 1249906)
Mari

There is no way of knowing but if he does. The fact that they both do may help them understand each other.

My sisiter and brother-in-law are both Bipolar, they compliment each other.

That is sweet, Donna.:Heart:

Much continued good luck to them.:):)

M

Dmom3005 08-30-2017 10:11 AM

They have two wedding anniversary's. Because they needed to marry in august because of issues with money. I don't remember why. so they had civil ceremony. They already were planning a church wedding in December because my sister wanted red and poinsettia's and all Christmas at their wedding. So they have been married 10 years now.

My other two sisters had a double wedding 37 years ago yesterday. They are still married and all. I will have been married 37 in March. Its really
interesting that we have all made it that long.

Mari 08-31-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 1249955)
They have two wedding anniversary's. Because they needed to marry in august because of issues with money. I don't remember why. so they had civil ceremony. They already were planning a church wedding in December because my sister wanted red and poinsettia's and all Christmas at their wedding. So they have been married 10 years now.

My other two sisters had a double wedding 37 years ago yesterday. They are still married and all. I will have been married 37 in March. Its really
interesting that we have all made it that long.

More happy days for all of them. :D:D :heartthrob: :heartthrob: :heartthrob:

My first wedding was a Christmas wedding. I did not care about
the falderal -- bought a white-ish dress off the rack at a department store that
was the same length women wore to work at that time.

It was Christmas time and the tiny church was decorated -- I think in the pictures you can see the Christmas tree and other such.

M

PAYNE1 09-02-2017 01:13 AM

My husband and I are both bipolar. We just celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary. :)

Mari 09-02-2017 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAYNE1 (Post 1250126)
My husband and I are both bipolar. We just celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary. :)

Many more happy years to the both of you.:) :heartthrob:

M