NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Something i want to share (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/249051-share.html)

jurgen975 08-31-2017 11:49 PM

Something i want to share

Medical Xpress: Breakthrough device heals organs with a single touch

The above article looks like total ******** to me but some how it made me curouis

kiwi33 09-01-2017 04:27 AM

This looks very promising to me though I guess that more work will be needed before/if it enters clinical practice.

Nature Nanotechnology is an excellent journal with an impact factor of 39. That means that the average paper in it is cited by 39 other papers every year. It is extremely difficult to get a paper published in it - most manuscripts will be rejected during peer-review. It is most unlikely that poor quality manuscripts would survive peer-review.

mrsD 09-01-2017 01:50 PM

It seems to me that if this works out....someone will trash it to keep it secret because it could so deeply affect the medical community to make treatments obsolete and put many doctors/nurses etc out of work? A wonder solution for patients and a job killer for the medical community?

jurgen975 09-02-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi33 (Post 1250057)
This looks very promising to me though I guess that more work will be needed before/if it enters clinical practice.

Nature Nanotechnology is an excellent journal with an impact factor of 39. That means that the average paper in it is cited by 39 other papers every year. It is extremely difficult to get a paper published in it - most manuscripts will be rejected during peer-review. It is most unlikely that poor quality manuscripts would survive peer-review.

It will probably take years to be approved but i wander is this actually the cure we all are hoping for

Rosie33 09-03-2017 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1250088)
It seems to me that if this works out....someone will trash it to keep it secret because it could so deeply affect the medical community to make treatments obsolete and put many doctors/nurses etc out of work? A wonder solution for patients and a job killer for the medical community?

I hate to believe that but it's so true!:I-Agree::Soapbox::mad::hissyfit::icon_sad:

jurgen975 09-06-2017 12:26 AM

I copied this from there youtube movie

" By the second week, active blood vessels had formed, and by the third week, the legs of the mice were saved—with no other form of treatment.
“It extends the concept known as gene therapy, and it has been around for quite some time,” said study collaborator James Lee, PhD, a professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering at Ohio State. “The difference with our technology is how we deliver the DNA into the cells.”
The chip, loaded with specific genetic code or certain proteins, is placed on the skin, and a small electrical current creates channels in the tissue. The DNA or RNA is injected into those channels where it takes root and begins to reprogram the cells.
In a new study published in Nature Nanotechnology, first author Daniel Gallego-Perez of Ohio State demonstrated that the technique worked with up to 98 percent efficiently.
“What’s even more exciting is that it not only works on the skin, but on any type of tissue,” Sen said. In fact, researchers were able to grow brain cells on the skin surface of a mouse, harvest them, then inject them into the mouse’s injured brain. Just a few weeks after having a stroke, brain function in the mouse was restored, and it was healed.
Because the technique uses a patient’s own cells and does not rely on medication, researchers expect it to be approved for human trials within a year. Those interested in participating in a clinical trial for this technology should email InfoRegenMed@osumc.edu."

DavidHC 09-06-2017 05:00 PM

Thank you for this promising information. I will contact them and see if I can get in for any trials.

EDIT: the email is missing a period, which I noticed when my email didn't go through and after which I checked their site: Info.Regenmed@osumc.edu

Regenerative Medicine Breakthrough

DavidHC 09-11-2017 04:59 PM

A question and request for advice: I emailed them but have heard no response. This is my first time doing this. Is this typical in such situations? Should I email them again? Thank you!

madisongrrl 09-12-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidHC (Post 1250830)
A question and request for advice: I emailed them but have heard no response. This is my first time doing this. Is this typical in such situations? Should I email them again? Thank you!

It's pretty normal to not get a response....

DavidHC 09-13-2017 02:38 AM

Thank you. It helps to know this. Perhaps I'll try emailing them again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madisongrrl (Post 1250891)
It's pretty normal to not get a response....