NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   abby might have parasites again (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/249160-abby-parasites.html)

mymorgy 09-09-2017 06:32 AM

abby might have parasites again

I can't take her by myself. cecilia is so busy. maybe if i could get an appt on monday marcia can go with me.I have pernicious anemia and wonder if that has anything to do with this weakness. I walked in the hall a couple of times with the walker this morning and I was so tired. I can't cancel tonite because it is alice's birthday. Iam going to take the walker and take a cab both ways.

bizi 09-09-2017 09:11 AM

Symptoms - Pernicious Anaemia Society

Here is alot of good information for you bobby.
sounds like what you are experiencing.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

mymorgy 09-09-2017 09:40 AM

except i have had it a long time and i had a stroke which gave me weakness and i have arthritis

bizi 09-09-2017 09:52 AM

Do you take supplements b12 cyclo..... is better absorbed over metho.....
sorry I can't remember the rest of the words.

I don't take it.
bizi
Yes everything is taken in to consideration.
Another area if we have not talked about this is Vit d3.
How is your level?
bizi

mymorgy 09-09-2017 12:28 PM

I take 5000 sublingual b12 and 1000 d3. i used to get shots but the doctor said I could just get the sublingual ones. I think he tests my d3 level and prescribes it,

bizi 09-09-2017 05:11 PM

great bobby.
I take 5,000 units of vit d3 to get my levels to 50-60 like recommended.
I have taken this dose for 5 years when I first broke my collar bone and tested my levels and they were low as I was also osteopinia...this years bone density scan came back great. the technician said "people would die for your numbers!"
made me feel good.
bizi

mymorgy 09-10-2017 05:37 AM

that is great. I buy mine on amazon with the kirkland brand. they melt fast.

OhKay 09-11-2017 10:25 AM

I used to give myself the B12 shots, too. But I switched to 5,000iu of the sublingual Methylcobalamin like you, Bobby. You will excrete excess B12 through your urine so you really can't take too much of it.

If your doctor prescribes your vitamin D, don't change the dose without asking him, because the dose may be based on the level in your blood- and you can take too much of that.

I know you have an appointment with him coming up soon. You can always ask him to check those levels to see if your doses need to be changed.

bizi 09-11-2017 09:22 PM

of course you are right kay.
bizi

OhKay 09-12-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1250836)
of course you are right kay.
bizi

I need to get my vitamin D level checked again too, but every time I go to my PCP I have a hundred other things going on and keep forgetting. I'm not worried about it being high tho.