NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   a Rabbi visited me (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/249409-rabbi-visited.html)

mymorgy 09-26-2017 02:12 PM

a Rabbi visited me

she was wonderful and she said she would come back. she was adorable and played the guitar.her husband played the piano. I asked her a question that has been really bothering me because I was afraid I was going against God. She said no and that I had to take care of myself because I am all alone. It was a delightful hour. She said the psalms are very good for suffering and mental problems.

Mari 09-26-2017 09:10 PM

Bobby,

Oh, wow. How great. Like a gift.

Nice that she was there for an hour and that she helped you with the
question that was bothering you.

Is she coming back? And can she bring her guitar?

M

mymorgy 09-26-2017 11:39 PM

I don't think she will bring her guitar but later if all goes well I may ask. She said she would be back regularly. I have to think of more questions. She is so easy to talk with. It is funny. here i have been writing how isolated i have been and feeling. I guess a lot of seniors even without mental health problems wind up in the same boat

bizi 09-27-2017 07:38 AM

I too hope she comes back with the guitar. Music is so soothing/healing.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

mymorgy 09-27-2017 07:47 AM

she is so sweet. she told me a funny story about an abby. she was preparing a student for her bar mistvah(s) and her cat was sitting on the table between her and the child protecting the child. when she reached over toward the child the abby did a swat but didn't touch her, just warned her.

OhKay 09-27-2017 11:21 AM

I know that you are uncomfortable attending temple, so I'm so glad that the Rabbi visited, and was so nice and comforting. I'm happy she will be visiting regularly :)

Mari 09-28-2017 03:05 AM

That's a great story about the abby being protective. :)

M

mymorgy 09-28-2017 06:00 AM

I tried to call my cat friend to see if she heard of anything like that. she said that abbys have a small gene pool so they are very similar to each other but mine have been pure babies. one used to suck my ear under the covers at night.
During the day she acted tough with my two dogs.

OhKay 09-29-2017 06:31 AM

I don't know if it's gross or adorable that one of your kitties used to suck on your ear lol.

Dottie likes to sleep under the covers with me when I take a nap. If I am already sleeping, she will wake me up by crying right in my face so I will lift up the blankets if she can't get under them herself. She won't sleep in the bed if Corey's there.

Buddy and Dottie will swat at my hand... but only when I take my hand away when I stop patting them because they want more :)

They are so funny. They are my little babies. I love them to pieces even tho they drive me nuts sometimes.

mymorgy 09-29-2017 06:46 AM

they sound so adorable and smart