NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Am I going to loose Medicaid? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/249623-am-loose-medicaid.html)

Brokenfriend 10-12-2017 07:32 PM

Am I going to loose Medicaid?

I can't get the facts. What will Trump do in his health care action today?

I can't sort through all of the words from the TV news.

Can someone simplify this for me? BF:hug::hug::hug:

Jomar 10-12-2017 08:10 PM

TV news has it's own agenda by creating drama ..:rolleyes:

Best info would be to do web searches on reputable and impartial sites if you can find them.. or a mix of sites with articles may give more in depth info than just a blurb on TV news..
Nothing will happen fast or without more discussion..
So keep contacting your reps & senators so they know your feelings and needs..

Mari 10-13-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1252754)
I can't get the facts. What will Trump do in his health care action today?

I can't sort through all of the words from the TV news.

Can someone simplify this for me? BF:hug::hug::hug:

I do not have a good grasp on it yet.
My understanding is that he left intact
Medicaid
and Medicare.

He made modifications to the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

M

Brokenfriend 10-13-2017 01:04 AM

Thank you Mari. I have tried to find out more news like Jo*mar had recommended. I cannot get any clarity about what the president had done.

It would take the congress to pass any of his executive orders wouldn't it? I don't want to cause any political agitation by this statement, but he's not a king.

I hope that he's left Medicaid intact. Please keep me informed, and please give me your thoughts, and ideas.

I told my councilor that someone on a website that I go to said,"What can be done, can be undone" like you said. She liked that, and it's in her memory. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-13-2017 03:27 AM

Regarding Process

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1252760)
I told my councilor that someone on a website that I go to said,"What can be done, can be undone" like you said. She liked that, and it's in her memory. BF:hug::hug::hug:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
A president's executive order stands unless it is challenged in court, over written by a new president, or overwritten by Congress.

It will be posted on the White House web site in a few days:
Executive Orders | whitehouse.gov

Mari

mymorgy 10-13-2017 08:11 AM

Senate repeal of Obamacare would slash Medicaid safety net | Crain's New York Business

Mari 10-13-2017 08:46 AM

That bill to kill the ACA was voted on and lost.

The ACA remained law.

M

OhKay 10-13-2017 09:12 AM

The President's latest executive order doesn't make ANY changes to Medicare or Medicaid...
It effects a part of ObamaCare/The Affordable Care Act that has to do with the private insurance market.

Brokenfriend 10-13-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1252789)
The President's latest executive order doesn't make ANY changes to Medicare or Medicaid...
It effects a part of ObamaCare/The Affordable Care Act that has to do with the private insurance market.

Thank you for explaining this to me. I've been confused about what I've been hearing on TV. BF:hug::hug::hug: