NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   today i meet my therapist (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/249626-meet-therapist.html)

mymorgy 10-13-2017 06:43 AM

today i meet my therapist

marci and vanessa didn't come this week so the place isn't neat. richard come afterwards. I don't know where to start with the therapist.

OhKay 10-13-2017 09:06 AM

She may already have some leading questions ready to get to know you, but if she doesn't, ask her where to start.

I hope she is nice and you like her :hug:

bizi 10-13-2017 12:20 PM

Is richard your therapist?

I hope you like whomever is coming over.
Restarting therapy is hard.
They will probably ask you what are your goals of therapy.
That way they know where to lead you.
good luck, keep us updated.
bizi

Dmom3005 10-13-2017 01:32 PM

I believe Richard is her PT therapist.

I'm not sure what to say, but I think the rest are on target let them
help you decide were to go in discussion.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 10-13-2017 01:59 PM

right richard is my pt therapist. martha is my regular therapist. she seems very nice. she showed me a picture of her pitbull mix-a real love bunny. my depression is coming back a little

bizi 10-13-2017 10:26 PM

sorry I got confused....
Thank you donna.
bobby, I am glad that martha was nice.
It is nice to be nice.
sorry your depression is coming back a little.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

mymorgy 10-13-2017 11:37 PM

thanks. It isn't deep like before. I still don't feel like doing much. like richard.
He is so enthusiatic. He did say it is hard finding exercises for a person a year after a stroke. I do feel better all ready. Martha used to have cats. what to say to her. I told her of my bipolar decisions like majoring in latin which was impractical. where do i go with my family? there is so much anger there. it is coming through with the little sh3ts.

mymorgy 10-14-2017 03:06 AM

i think i feel hopeless with the therapist. I feel so locked in

OhKay 10-14-2017 07:24 AM

It is easy to get overwhelmed by therapy if you have had a lot of trauma. It is best to pick one area to focus on to avoid that.

Maybe you could start with how you feel about being alone or isolated, or how you feel about having had the stroke.
I think if you talk about Myra's death it may bring up A LOT from the past that will overwhelm you, so I would wait to talk about that until you are more comfortable with the therapist and therapy in general again :hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 10-14-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1252838)
i think i feel hopeless with the therapist. I feel so locked in

What do you mean by "locked in"?