NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   i fell down again (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/249903-fell.html)

mymorgy 11-02-2017 01:51 AM

i fell down again

i was dragging a heavy bag of cat litter. it is just a matter of time i am really going to hurt myself. i landed on my hand. abby had some water but didn't eat the wet food

Mari 11-02-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1253930)
i was dragging a heavy bag of cat litter. it is just a matter of time i am really going to hurt myself. i landed on my hand. abby had some water but didn't eat the wet food

Oh, boy.

I hope that you can keep yourself safe.

M

OhKay 11-02-2017 06:21 AM

You are really worrying me, Bobby :hug::hug::hug:
Please tell Richard about the falls.

THIS recent fall was because you were doing something you shouldn't be doing, so maybe you can avoid falls LIKE it in the future...
I keep a really big cup in the litter bucket, or next to one of the smaller ones, to fill up the cat boxes. Would that work for you?

I know I am not one to talk, but I hope you will slow down a little so you aren't falling needlessly. Sometimes there are safer ways to do things even if they may be more time consuming :hug:

mymorgy 11-02-2017 07:58 AM

first time i fell there. i go very slowly

Mari 11-02-2017 10:25 PM

Can you buy smaller / less heavy containers of kitty litter?

bizi 11-02-2017 11:14 PM

sorry you fell, they make light weight kitty litter.
bizi

mymorgy 11-03-2017 03:01 AM

I was trying to save money so I bought forty pound bags, I save alot. The same thing with buying. I just buy values.

mymorgy 11-03-2017 03:05 AM

abby is out from the bed but i am afraid to go near her

mymorgy 11-03-2017 06:22 AM

she came to the bed for a while and i petted her. now she is on her perch/ her appointment is at five. I have no idea where she will be. I have a doctor's appointment at 10"20. He will tell me about my a1c. I have been obsessing
about it since my therapist kept on mentioning sugar testing last friday. I have to tell her I castrophize and for her to stay away from medical issues.
It is nice having the keurig back. vanessa made me a delicious dinner and figured out how to put the filter in the keurig. I ate too much. I ate too much wild rice but was okay with jerk chicken and brussel sprouts.she says she doesn't know what she is going to do with me because she likes order

bizi 11-03-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1254001)
I was trying to save money so I bought forty pound bags, I save alot. The same thing with buying. I just buy values.

:eek:
I will try to not lecture you but a 40 pound bag
is just setting you up to fail/fall/hurt your self.
Please don't buy another one.:(
bizi

OhKay 11-03-2017 09:07 AM

I can't handle the 40lb containers anymore. Forget about falling... how do you even lift or drag it? Could you ask Robert to split it into 2 20lb containers for you? That's at least better.

Lightweight cat litter is a great idea, but I don't recommend it. Do you remember everything I had to go through to clean the cat litter dust in the "cat room" in the old apartment from using it long-term? I wouldn't use it again if it was FREE.

I hope that your a1c is good when you see the doctor.
And I hope things go well with Abby at the vet.

What a great meal Vanessa cooked for you! :)
She will get used to your ways and love coming to see you because you are a lovely person no matter how disorganized you are.

Be glad you resisted the Chinese food craving... I had it last night and I've been nursing a bottle of Pepto-Boismol ever since.

Dmom3005 11-03-2017 10:03 AM

Bobby

I think you can also ask your cleaning help, especially since they have animals to help you get the 40# were you want them. Or like others have suggested get 2 20 # containers and put it in them. But even those need
to be in locations you want them in.

I personally can't lift the 20 # containers and if I'm in charge of the cat litter I have to buy small ones. I just consider it part of being healthy for me.
And since its for a luxury for my animals I think its okay.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 11-03-2017 12:09 PM

the porter brings them up to the apartment and unwraps them and puts them into a corner. I drag them across the floor.
My a1c was fine-a little higher 5.9 and he was happy with my cholesterol. I now can focus all my nerves on abbie and getting her and getting her in the carrier and taking her to the vets and learning what is wrong with her and then hopefully having to treat her which is murder

Dmom3005 11-03-2017 08:11 PM

Bobby

5.9 is honestly really good. Keep up the good work.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

OhKay 11-04-2017 02:54 PM

Good job on the a1c and cholesterol Bobby! :hug:

bizi 11-04-2017 11:41 PM

5.9 is really great bobby!!!!!
bizi

mymorgy 11-05-2017 06:57 AM

I want to try to get it down again. Last night I had two terrible nightmares. One was about my sister and one was about my mother. In one because I was upset my mother told me I gained 20 or 30 pounds from eating in the last few days.
anyways I am praying for the board.
bobby

OhKay 11-05-2017 07:41 AM

I'm sorry about your nightmares, Bobby. I wish you were still having those pleasant dreams :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you for your prayers :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 11-05-2017 09:40 AM

sending good thoughts bobby,
I hope you can find some comfort today.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

mymorgy 11-21-2017 06:04 AM

I rolled out of bed and I hurt/ My apartment is a mess and marci is going to get upset/ I am stiff and I have mild pain. at least i didn't hit my head this time.

OhKay 11-21-2017 08:49 AM

I'm sorry you fell again :hug::hug::hug:

I'm glad that you didn't hit your head, but I'm sorry that you are sore :hug:

It is Marci's job to clean. She has no business getting upset with you. All she can do is clean what she can in the time she has, starting with the most important areas first... I would start with the bathroom and kitchen. Social time is not a guaranteed part of her job.

bizi 11-21-2017 02:26 PM

I agree with kay, she has a job to do.
((((HUGS))))
sorry you fell out of bed.
Could you get one of those support bars that attach to your bed they are not that intrusive and about 1 foot wide.
let me see if I can find a picture for you.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Mari 11-21-2017 03:51 PM

What the heck?

Does the cleaning lady really get upset? Or is it something else?

Maybe she wants the place to look good when she leaves so she hopes to
start with the place being mostly in good shape???

At any rate, you might not be able to change her mind about how things
are supposed to go.

=-=-=-=
But you can be relaxed about the status of your home.
She is cleaning for you.

M

mymorgy 11-22-2017 02:17 AM

I am really messy

Mari 11-22-2017 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1255007)
I am really messy

She's supposed to mostly keep her mouth shut and do her job.

If the place is messy, she does what she can and leaves at the

time she's supposed to leave.

She is really really really not supposed to criticize.:mad:

M

mymorgy 11-22-2017 06:38 AM

we are friends and she talks a lot and she cares and worries about me and thinks that I spend too much time in bed but i don;t want to sit in a chair and I don't have a sofa. yesterday I put my foot down when she said lets have music and I said I want to read

Mari 11-22-2017 04:54 PM

Good for you. Reading!

M

bizi 11-22-2017 09:53 PM

Medline Bed Assist Bar - Walmart.com

it is about 1 foot wide.
hope this takes you to it. If not I googled small bed side rail.
bizi

mymorgy 11-23-2017 06:58 AM

thanks. I looked it up on amazon. this is only the second time i fell out of bed.
i have lost more weight and am trying to sleep or lie in middle of the bed.

OhKay 11-24-2017 08:23 AM

When I was a home health aide I cleaned a ton of really messy apartments and was still on really friendly terms with the clients. I just did the best I could.

I do like how concerned she is about you. I think she has your best interests at heart and I think she's been giving you good advice, but she shouldn't be forcing anything on you :hug::hug::hug:

I'm glad that you are trying to be safer when you are sleeping.

Congratulations on your weight loss! :):):)

mymorgy 11-24-2017 09:16 AM

we are splitting a black jamaican cake for xmas. I can't wait. I told her I would eat my whole half in one sitting. I did lose 10 pounds. Yesterday I broke down and called for chinese food. well it was closed so I ate my turkey.
God was watching over me.Cecilia rang my bell yesterday and kissed good bye and wished me a happy thanksgiving. that surprised me.
love
bobby
this afternoon at one therapy. am meeting stella soon for coffee. and maybe a pastry

bizi 11-24-2017 10:47 AM

Maybe you could cut the cake into 2 pieces and freeze the other piece to have for another day so you can enjoy it twice?
We went to jamaica for our wedding honeymoon...we ate very well there.
bizi
I liked their jerked chicken.:)

mymorgy 11-24-2017 11:14 AM

I will try. I went there in college and had the time of my life. I didn't have jerk chicken but I had a lot of pumpkin soup!

OhKay 11-25-2017 07:12 AM

I hope you had a nice time with Stella yesterday :)

Congratulations again on your weight loss! 10 pounds is something to really be proud of! :):):)

mymorgy 11-25-2017 07:41 AM

I got back on the scale and I only lost seven pounds. now i feel like going out and getting cookies! I drank a lot of diet cranberry juice yesterday-a gallon.
I had a very nice time with stella. thinking of your delicious cookies

mymorgy 12-08-2017 11:46 PM

I fell down again. I guess I am going to have the walker by my bed. this was another close call and shook me up

OhKay 12-09-2017 10:01 AM

I hope you didn't hurt yourself :hug::hug::hug:

Keeping the walker nearby all the time is a good idea :hug:

mymorgy 12-09-2017 10:04 AM

I don't know if i hit my head or not. I definitely hit my arm and leg. i really scared myself big time

Mari 12-09-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1255830)
I don't know if i hit my head or not. I definitely hit my arm and leg. i really scared myself big time

Wow. Yes. Keep the walker at your bedside. I hope that you are o.k.

M

mymorgy 12-10-2017 07:31 AM

I also fell again but this time the walker tripped me up. I seem to be okay I think he should teach me falling exercises! Robert came over and all was well. H did the exercises with ease!