NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Medicare premiums 2018 (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/250072-medicare-premiums-2018-a.html)

sable081 11-18-2017 04:01 PM

Medicare premiums 2018

Hello all I’m on SSDI and my medicare Parr B premium come out of my monthly SSDI benefits looking at My Social Aecurity Acct i noticed they update the new Medicare premium for 2018 we got a 2018 COLA of $25 and my medicare went from 2017- $109 to 2018- $134 the Cola Is $25 for 2018 went toward medicare I’m so annoyed why give it to us and take it away to put the whole COLA towards Medicare if anyone else check thei My Social Security Acct and your Medicare went up let me know just don’t make sense why give it to us and take it away and put the whole amount towards Medicare so my monthly benefit stayed the same amount so annoyed was updated today just letting you all know let me know if your Medicare premium went up from $109 to $134? Thanks

davOD 11-20-2017 11:02 AM

Yes this is silly game, and we are stuck in the middle of things....Just the way COLA is set up isnt even close to inflation!....But that is the point, they dont care at all.....Ever since the early 80's we get accused of being welfare recipients?
We have half of our politicians saying government is no good, and work underhandedly to make things worse!

We need people to unite, and wake up these lazy poloticians who are only worried about the donor class, and Im sick of it.

Now we have a tax plan being pushed through, and if succsessful they will start going after and cutting Medicare, SS, SSDI, and Medicaid.....And thats not speculation, thats what they have said!

Enough is enough, and people have to pay attention!...Life is hard enough without politicians making our lifes harder!

sable081 11-20-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1254909)
Yes this is silly game, and we are stuck in the middle of things....Just the way COLA is set up isnt even close to inflation!....But that is the point, they dont care at all.....Ever since the early 80's we get accused of being welfare recipients?
We have half of our politicians saying government is no good, and work underhandedly to make things worse!

We need people to unite, and wake up these lazy poloticians who are only worried about the donor class, and Im sick of it.

Now we have a tax plan being pushed through, and if succsessful they will start going after and cutting Medicare, SS, SSDI, and Medicaid.....And thats not speculation, thats what they have said!

Enough is enough, and people have to pay attention!...Life is hard enough without politicians making our lifes harder!

. So you must be on SSDI also so your medicare went from $109 to $134 also? And this is. Crazy people on SSDI are sick and can’t work believe if u was well enough I would be working but u can’t and now they what to take SDI away to so we will al be homeless ridilous this is the world we live in everything for the rich and nothing for the poor or disabled it’s sad

echoes long ago 11-20-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sable081 (Post 1254917)
. So you must be on SSDI also so your medicare went from $109 to $134 also? And this is. Crazy people on SSDI are sick and can’t work believe if u was well enough I would be working but u can’t and now they what to take SDI away to so we will al be homeless ridilous this is the world we live in everything for the rich and nothing for the poor or disabled it’s sad

the new tax plan will also eliminate medical deductions on your income tax, and state and local taxes which will also hit the disabled hard.

davOD 11-20-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sable081 (Post 1254917)

Yes I worked for 27 years, and one day never was able to work again...I was making 6 figures at the time, so my SSDI isnt even close to what I made, but it is something!

SSDI is NOT welfare, as much as they try and repeat the lies over and over..

I have not gotten my paperwork to see what will happen with my benefits, but it will be like everyone else..

Yes, its very sad, and I wish the people who keep taking from us, their own disability purgatory!

LIT LOVE 11-20-2017 04:56 PM

O.k.
Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1254920)
Yes I worked for 27 years, and one day never was able to work again...I was making 6 figures at the time, so my SSDI isnt even close to what I made, but it is something!

SSDI is NOT welfare, as much as they try and repeat the lies over and over..

I have not gotten my paperwork to see what will happen with my benefits, but it will be like everyone else..

Yes, its very sad, and I wish the people who keep taking from us, their own disability purgatory!

Many politicians and the public at large don't understand the difference between SSI and SSDI. SSI is essentially welfare and since welfare reform some parents aggressively pursue SSI for their children, which can frustrate SS staff.

This debate between Bill O'Reilly and John Stewart goes into SS disability and welfare around the 25 minute mark. Although Stewart tries to defend SS disability, neither seem to understand that there are two separate programs or even why there is an increase of applications and approvals. (Baby Boomers are getting older and their bodies are breaking down and some are qualifying via the GRID is a big part of the equation.) O'Reilly vs Stewart debate - YouTube

Anyone wanting to have a good idea of what some reforms conservatives will pursue should look at the articles at the Heritage Foundation going back a few years. They'd like to revise or terminate the Grid Rules, potentially terminate all SSI or SSI for minors, etc. Social Security | The Heritage Foundation

davOD 11-24-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 1254928)
O.k.

Many politicians and the public at large don't understand the difference between SSI and SSDI. SSI is essentially welfare and since welfare reform some parents aggressively pursue SSI for their children, which can frustrate SS staff.

This debate between Bill O'Reilly and John Stewart goes into SS disability and welfare around the 25 minute mark. Although Stewart tries to defend SS disability, neither seem to understand that there are two separate programs or even why there is an increase of applications and approvals. (Baby Boomers are getting older and their bodies are breaking down and some are qualifying via the GRID is a big part of the equation.) O'Reilly vs Stewart debate - YouTube

Anyone wanting to have a good idea of what some reforms conservatives will pursue should look at the articles at the Heritage Foundation going back a few years. They'd like to revise or terminate the Grid Rules, potentially terminate all SSI or SSI for minors, etc. Social Security | The Heritage Foundation

I almost wish we could have a section, as how laws change how it would help or hurt disabled people?.....But we know that probably wouldnt work well.....So instead they will pull the wool over our eyes, and we have to learn to like it?