NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Alcohol Induced Neuropathy Part 2 (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/250134-alcohol-induced-neuropathy-2-a.html)

Chemar 11-24-2017 01:23 PM

Alcohol Induced Neuropathy Part 2

Hi
As threads are not supposed to run over 100 pages - because that can slow down the database - we are closing the first Alcohol Induced Neuropathy thread https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism...ml#post1255062
and requesting the discussion continue here on Part 2

Thanks

SecondChances 11-24-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 1255112)
Hi
As threads are not supposed to run over 100 pages, we are closing the first Alcohol Induced Neuropathy thread https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism...ml#post1255062
and requesting the discussion continue here on Part 2

Thanks

Ah jeez, I just wrote a huge post only to have the previous thread closed. I will rewrite when I have more time. I WILL say there was a bit of a panic when I thought I lost you guys so I am glad we can continue here.

kiwi33 11-24-2017 04:28 PM

From the closed version of this thread:

"If I read back my posts I always sound so negative and whiny but this is the only place I can vent openly and honestly."

SecondChances, I don't think that you are the least bit negative or whiny :).

These things are often "Two steps forward, one step back".

This has certainly been my experience.

SecondChances 11-24-2017 05:22 PM

Thanks Kiwi. I was never a negative person but fear I have become old and cynical these last few years. I am careful not to be a tear down on family and my few remaining friends but the internet is freeing and I find it easier to share openly here.

Icehouse 11-24-2017 10:49 PM

Part 2?? :eek:

Well, I never thought this thread would ever pass 100 pages when I revived it back in 2012.....

Proud of ALL of the regulars here for maintaining a place of hope, support and encouragement for us....

I was researching smoking and neuropathy today (thanks for putting this back in my head) and I think I may actually put these damn things down in the next couple weeks....it's getting cold here (had to scrape the windows on the wagon this morning) and the 6am smoke break is just not as fun when your nostrils freeze up....

Plus, it would be a good test to see if I actually will feel better without them....I think I started in 1988....

kiwi33 11-25-2017 03:28 AM

Icehouse, I didn't know that you were responsible for reviving Part 1.

Good on you for deciding to quit the smokes. I am down to about five a day and feel much better for it, as does my bank balance ;). Nicotine patches helped me in the early days.

Wide-O 11-25-2017 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehouse (Post 1255128)
Plus, it would be a good test to see if I actually will feel better without them....I think I started in 1988....

I started in 1976... (well, officially ;) ) I was 13. My mum was full of grief, my dad had passed away, and she didn't even notice I was smoking in the house. (in reality I already started having a cig now & then from age 11...)

It was also a popular belief that smoking would stunt your growth. I don't remember if I had already reached 195cm by that time but it must have been close. If smoking slowed down growth, I was all for it. I was scared silly that I'd become a 7 foot monster. I'm now only a 6'7" monster, so it worked! :rolleyes:;)

Anyway, part 2. Nine days to go for my next milestone!

Icehouse 11-25-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi33 (Post 1255132)
Icehouse, I didn't know that you were responsible for reviving Part 1.

Yeah, I found this thread while researching drugs to help with "Alcoholic Neuropathy". It had been dormant since 2010-ish so I asked a question, MrsD set me straight, and here we are... ;)

Icehouse 11-25-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide-O (Post 1255133)
Anyway, part 2. Nine days to go for my next milestone!

OMG, he is catching up!!

Wide-O 11-25-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehouse (Post 1255137)
Yeah, I found this thread while researching drugs to help with "Alcoholic Neuropathy". It had been dormant since 2010-ish so I asked a question, MrsD set me straight, and here we are... ;)

Funny how that goes eh? Nobody seemed really interested, not much traffic or questions, and BOOM! Icehouse in da house. :D I have done a lot of searches over the years, but I still think it's the best thread out there for people who are/were suffering from both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehouse (Post 1255138)
OMG, he is catching up!!

It's like one of these horrible math/logic riddles, where the relative distance will always get smaller, but I will never catch up!