NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Please Help, I'm Suffering Need Help! (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/250167-please-help-im-suffering-help.html)

MasterYocheese 11-28-2017 01:13 AM

Please Help, I'm Suffering Need Help!

Hello!
This website is the only place I could find to ask this question.
I'm a 17 years old male teen and I am suffering from weird, constant, "electrical" and extremely sharp pain in my head mostly in the temporal lobe whenever I hear specific sounds, specifically soft sounds and I become hypersensivity most of the times, especially when relaxed. The weird thing is that it doesnt necessarily happen because of fear or anxiety (also some sounds doesnt create anger) and I dont hear the sound louder than it is, I just get this weird sharp pressure in the sides of my skull and the effects of it such as the inability to focus and the pain creates the anxiety and stress and thats why I thought it was anxiety-related for the past 2.5 years and thats why I have find out that anxiety was just a secondary symptom (I think). Or maybe I have a sound phobia or something that creates this "reaction", in which it is still really really unusual. I dont know what to do anymore! I cant think, study and I have a huge problem with my memory and with my quality of life because of this and it become more more severe and it makes my life unbearable in which it is really unfair! :( Sometimes I take advil and it helps a bit, but I cant take it everyday. Im thinking to go to a neurologist about this, but I dont know if its worth it because it may just be a psychological problem, in which I'll become toasted if it is. What could this be? My possible causes/clues are:
-Non epileptic seizures (and/or psychogenic)
-Migraines or
-Neuralgia
Any ideas please?? :/
Thank you very much!

kiwi33 11-28-2017 04:21 PM

Hi MasterYocheese

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

I am sorry to read about what you are experiencing - it sounds worrying.

It might help if you got a referral to a neurologist who could do a full clinical investigation - that could shed some light on what is going on.

Best wishes.

Jomar 11-28-2017 05:06 PM

Have you had any conversations with your primary doctor about this?
They should be able to suggest some referrals..or testing, to rule in or out a few things.
I would check for possible physical causes first.
Have you had any head injuries in the past?

MasterYocheese 11-29-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1255317)
Have you had any conversations with your primary doctor about this?
They should be able to suggest some referrals..or testing, to rule in or out a few things.
I would check for possible physical causes first.
Have you had any head injuries in the past?

Hey thanks for the answer.
I haven't any head injury... I'm thinking to go to a neurologist about this but I can't for now. Any ideas would be appriciated so I can have an idea of what's going on. My best guess is migraines I think.

Porkette 11-29-2017 06:32 AM

Hi MasterYocheese,

Welcome to the forum! My advice to you is to have your family Dr. refer you to see a neurologist or an Epileptologist which is a Dr. that specializes in both neurology and epilepsy.
What you are describing sounds like it could be a aura (simple partial) seizure. When you hear sounds this is also called an audio seizure meaning certain sounds bother some people and can trigger a seizure.
Start keeping track of this and when it happens write down on a calendar what time this happened along with a description and by doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in these sounds. If I may ask after this happens do you ever feel confused or tired like you don't remember what happened? If you do this could be seizures as I mentioned and often you get a headache after a seizure. I hope I'm wrong but I would also ask the Dr. to do a e.e.g on you and that will show what's going on in your brain with no problem.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue