NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   more exercises (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/250185-exercises.html)

mymorgy 11-30-2017 08:10 AM

more exercises

i have to walk the halls four times with the heel first. i was using toe first. then i am supposed use my eyes when turning which helps my balance. then a whole set of the same exercises using one hand which i find really hard. so far nothing is easier

OhKay 11-30-2017 09:37 AM

They sound like good exercises.

These things take time. Hang in there :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 11-30-2017 10:38 AM

I just called my neurologist's office and told them about Better Yourself Rehabilitation - did all the exercises except the last set which I will do now

bizi 11-30-2017 10:47 AM

That is great bobby!
bizi

mymorgy 12-06-2017 10:31 AM

I am going backwards. I can't balance myself holding on to the walker with one arm and kicking the leg in different directions. I feel weaker. I didn't do the other set of two 15's each. i did walk the hall. i don't have the energy to put the turkey in the even .klye is coming over at 11;30 a,dhe is going to have me do more exercises

OhKay 12-06-2017 10:46 AM

I’m sorry that you are feeling weaker and feeling like you are going backwards, Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

Maybe you should tell your PT you are not ready for more exercises yet?

A walker is meant to be used with both hands. That is the best way to balance yourself :hug:

mymorgy 12-06-2017 10:55 AM

he is having he use the walker not to walker but to maintain my balance when i am doing the exercises. today I had trouble with just one hand. two hands it was okay except for being tired

mymorgy 12-06-2017 12:54 PM

he wasn't upset that I couldn't do the exercises.He said I used to walk on my heels but the stroke made me walk on my toes and thus trip and fall. He is interested in quality and not quantity. he had me do more exercises and I did okay and felt better about it

Dmom3005 12-06-2017 03:39 PM

Bobbi

I used to walk on my toes also. PT corrected that and told me no matter how many steps I could take doing this. It was more important that I just do heel to toe. That the number is not important. Just as your PT is telling you.

They say after a while it is just like you always did this. And I can say I sometimes catch myself back on toes. But I have gotten to were I know and start back the heel to toe. It helps alot without falling. I can say I'm honestly glad you mentioned this. Because I'm afraid I went backward and forgot to see once in a while if I was still doing right.

My reasoning is. Until I did the balance training about 10 years ago at the most I always walked on toes. So its not unusual to reviert for me.
Donna
:hug::grouphug:

OhKay 12-07-2017 10:35 AM

It is very easy to revert back to past behaviors following PT :hug: