NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   letter to robert (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/250227-letter-robert.html)

mymorgy 12-04-2017 08:09 AM

letter to robert

I just told him to lay off my medications even though he means well. I said they lower my blood pressure and cholesterol and obsessive thinking besides anxiety and sometimes depression/ and diabetes. I said I trust my mds.

OhKay 12-04-2017 09:21 AM

That sounds perfectly reasonable, but what prompted you to write the letter?

mymorgy 12-04-2017 09:33 AM

Sorry you haven't recuperated from your illness yet. And, yes of course I can pick up hamburger any time you are feeling better next week. I hope that's soon. Incidentally, It would be very unusual for exercise to cause these types of symptoms. However, these same type symptoms are often caused by side effects of drugs. Are you familiar with all side effects of drugs you are taking? Even though a drug may not initially cause bad side effects, after an extended period of time, the long range effects can accumulate and become very toxic. Extreme physical exercise usually causes temporary musculoskeletal type pain and disorders. The old axiom "no pain no gain" is definitely applicable for overzealous exercise. I hope you don't become discouraged by this incident and give up physical exercise. Because as you age, it becomes one of the most important ways to mitigate the deterioration caused by the aging process and maintain reasonably good health.

i wrote back please don't mention my medicines again. I know you mean well. I trust my mds, They lower my blood pressure. They lower my cholesterol. they help with my obsessive thinking and with my anxiety and sometimes with my depression. think i would be dead without them and then i added diabetes

Mari 12-04-2017 09:52 AM

That's a good response to him.

He might not pay attention to what you said, but you did make it clear.

M

bizi 12-04-2017 10:17 AM

good letter to him.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Dmom3005 12-04-2017 12:23 PM

I agree.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 12-05-2017 07:16 AM

I haven't had a response from robert. have few friends. I could have gotten him really angry

Mari 12-05-2017 07:53 AM

Does Robert get angry?

For some reason I see him as a type who can get over things.

He'll be ok eventually.

M

mymorgy 12-05-2017 08:26 AM

when robert gets angry he really gets angry and he doesn't like to be challenged. I am so depressed. I should go to a skin doctor to look at a sore but I don't want to. I just can't take anymore. The effects of the stroke have really gotten to me. the exercises are really hard. the p.t. is really sweet. each morning i dread them. I am still overspending. The other day I wound up buying something I had just bought. my brain is having lapses. It is no longer sharp..the government is so depressing me. he said he could get away with murder. what will history say about us!

OhKay 12-06-2017 11:37 AM

It is so hard to adjust to new physical limitations. Acceptance can take a long time. I’m so sorry that you have to deal with these challenges, Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

I hope that Robert is not mad. If he is, it would be due to a flaw on his part. Nothing in your response to his letter was inflammatory at all :hug: