NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   2018 Social Security Mailer with 2.0 Cola (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/250231-2018-social-security-mailer-2-0-cola.html)

sable081 12-04-2017 03:11 PM

2018 Social Security Mailer with 2.0 Cola

Hello all hope everyones Thanksgiving was good well today I received my 2018 SSA Mailer with a break down of Monthly Benefit and Medicare Premium the 2.o % COLA the whole thing went toward Medicare PART B I just have Orginal Medicare just my medicare is taken out of my monthly SSDI benefit so the SSA 2018 Mailer with the breakdown my 2.0% the WHOLE COLA went towards Medicare Part B so my monthly benefit stayed the same as it was in 2017 did anyone else get their 2018 SSA mailer with breakdown and did your whole Cola of 2.0% go towards Medicare and did your monthly benefits stayed the same as it was in 2017? Let me know I think its so ridilious why give it to us

Kitty 12-05-2017 03:20 AM

I wonder how much it cost to print and mail a separate mailer for each person on SS just to announce no real increase?

LIT LOVE 12-05-2017 06:57 PM

Medicare and SS are separate agencies.

You might want to see what Advantage plans are available to you. Some will cover all or part of your Part B cost as well as meds. You can meet with a SHIP counselor for free to help you understand your options. Most (maybe all?) are PPOs which might effect your choices in doctors. If you do have a catastrophic illness though, it will cover the 20%. I have a Medigap policy, while expensive, I was grateful for when I recently had a new medical crisis.

Shellback 01-09-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sable081 (Post 1255606)
Hello all hope everyones Thanksgiving was good well today I received my 2018 SSA Mailer with a break down of Monthly Benefit and Medicare Premium the 2.o % COLA the whole thing went toward Medicare PART B I just have Orginal Medicare just my medicare is taken out of my monthly SSDI benefit so the SSA 2018 Mailer with the breakdown my 2.0% the WHOLE COLA went towards Medicare Part B so my monthly benefit stayed the same as it was in 2017 did anyone else get their 2018 SSA mailer with breakdown and did your whole Cola of 2.0% go towards Medicare and did your monthly benefits stayed the same as it was in 2017? Let me know I think its so ridilious why give it to us

That is exactly what happened to me. It's a wash.
:(

davOD 01-09-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellback (Post 1257270)
That is exactly what happened to me. It's a wash.
:(

Well, the Tax cuts removed 4% from medicare, its a full out attack now on the elderly and disabled now!

Instead of people ragging and complaining about government, their time better spent would be focusing on how COLA is figured to help the most fragile of our society!!