NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   and another one (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/250335-and-another-one.html)

sohitd 12-16-2017 07:37 PM

and another one

well i was doing so well for a a year in a half, pretty much back to normal,
i was playing mens league hockey on weds, non-contact but my own player ran into me
and bang concussion again, urgh its so depressing, i know the key is to stay positive but sometimes its hard, I'm really going to try and cut down on screen time this time around :( :( :( :(
hope everyone is doing well

sohitd 12-16-2017 07:39 PM

btw do any of you find too much sleeping is counter productive

Mark in Idaho 12-17-2017 03:15 AM

The research shows that sleeping excessively beyond the first 48 hours is counter to healing.

Getting run into by a fellow player is likely much less damaging that running into a sheet of ice with your head. We have had plenty who have suffered severe concussions falling on the ice.

davOD 12-17-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohitd (Post 1256186)
well i was doing so well for a a year in a half, pretty much back to normal,
i was playing mens league hockey on weds, non-contact but my own player ran into me
and bang concussion again, urgh its so depressing, i know the key is to stay positive but sometimes its hard, I'm really going to try and cut down on screen time this time around :( :( :( :(
hope everyone is doing well

Sent you a PM.....So sorry for your relaps!

Canuck 12-23-2017 12:37 PM

Sorry to hear of your setback. Hopefully the recovery is quick. The discouragement and frustration is hard after a setback like that. I am a year and a half into recovery. Pretty resigned to likely never playing hockey again. :(

Sounds like your impact was more body than head? I was under the impression that it would take a significant head impact to get a concussion, even with a prior history. Is that wrong?

sohitd 12-23-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck (Post 1256549)
Sorry to hear of your setback. Hopefully the recovery is quick. The discouragement and frustration is hard after a setback like that. I am a year and a half into recovery. Pretty resigned to likely never playing hockey again. :(

Sounds like your impact was more body than head? I was under the impression that it would take a significant head impact to get a concussion, even with a prior history. Is that wrong?

it really depends, i don't really know if i was hit in the body or head, all i know it shook me up quite a bit and everything is back, not nearly as severe as before which i am thankful for, and it really depends on the incident and your body i guess for how hard it takes to have an effect,