NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Bizi's 2018 thread (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/250541-bizis-2018-thread.html)

bizi 01-07-2018 11:08 PM

Bizi's 2018 thread

This truly is a new year for me.
I can not say enough about how grateful I am for my life right now.
Between the zyprexa and the naltrexone my cravings for alcohol have diminished ten fold, and I feel like I can diet again and lose this weight.
I finally feel stable.:)
It has been so long since I have felt this way.
I thank you all for your support and encouragement.
You have been a life line for me.
love
bizi

bizi 01-08-2018 08:14 AM

9.3 pound weight loss in 6 weeks!
bizi https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/ass...icons/e521.gif

Dmom3005 01-08-2018 10:04 AM

Bizi

So glad you are losing the weight. Also glad that you are dong so well.

You are a lifeline for all of us too.

Have a great 2018,

Donna :hug::grouphug:

bizi 01-09-2018 08:28 PM

Orange this morning, very tasty and jeff peeled it for me.

lunch was chicken schwarma (I took half home)
chard and beets and a bowl of butter nut squash soup.
It was a great lunch!

dinner was 3 oz of steak
kale/brussel sprouts salad
1/2 baked sweet potato left over from texas road house, the steak came from there as well. It was delicious dinner!
For dessert I had 100 calorie chocolate crisp and a bowl of pop carn.
no am chewing gum because I am not satisfied.
Maybe I need to drink another glass of water. have a cup of hot tea sounds good.
bizi

Mari 01-10-2018 09:51 AM

Great dinner and a lovely breakfast.

M

bizi 01-11-2018 08:15 AM

11.5 pounds gone. 174.1 this morning.
I am back down to Septembers weight now. whew that was a lot of crazy drinking time and abilify time. So glad that this mix of meds is working!
I am eating healthy and smaller portions when I can. Thru away some holiday candy. Drinking alot of tea and coffee. I think the caffeine is helping too.
I am so glad I am back to my routine. I have 8;30 appointments all week and have 6 clients today. so it will be a late day for me.
Hugs to all that need them!
bizi

looking back over my weight scale/report. I gained 11.5 report in 2 months and then lost 11.5 pounds in 2 months. WOW!

OhKay 01-11-2018 12:51 PM

You are doing fantastic! :)

Great job watching what you are eating, and a hell of a job abstaining for alcohol... it can be so hard to do both, especially at the same time!!! :)

Congratulations on your weight loss. 11.5 lbs is a lot to lose in 2 months! :):):)
I'm sure some people may want to comment that it is unhealthy, so I want to head them off at the pass, and let them know that I'm sure some of it is because you haven't been drinking high calorie beers.

Dmom3005 01-11-2018 02:06 PM

I agree with Kay,

And think its fantastic you have lost 11 pounds or more.

Also guessing part is water weight.

bizi 01-13-2018 10:27 PM

Had too much chocolate...oh well there is always tomorrow.
Time to pop some corn.
bizi
I am still alcohol free.
we watched the post tonight. good movie!
(45 days AF, 1 day DD)

Mari 01-14-2018 02:45 AM

Bizi,

Keep focussing on your wins and strengths.

So happy to hear this updates.

M

bizi 01-14-2018 09:37 AM

Burr! 27 this morning....it will be cold all week.

The grass is all dead in the back yard. Going to have to plant new bermuda grass or sod in the spring then water like crazy. Big job! Will have help though, our yard guy said he could do that.

Weighed 173.7, lowest in 4 months. I had gained alot of weight from abilify and seroquel and drinking mostly.
Have lost almost 12 pounds in 2 months.https://forums.psychcentral.com/imag...lies/smile.gif
I am drinking mostly tea, coffee or water. Have been drinking a cup full of milk a couple of times in the morning because they say we should have some calories in the morning....I have never been a breakfast person. But love to eat breakfast type foods any time of the day.

Today is my first day off in 10 days. It was nice not having to set my alarm and getting up naturally at 8am.
I have been getting up at 7am with the alarm or earlier.

Got my hair done yesterday, it is nice still nicely high lighted blond and short, jawline length. I wear it straightly naturally.

My rosacea is finally under control so don't have to wear make up to cover the redness of my nose.

I am looking at buying a patio home one without much of a yard to take care of. Looking for newer construction. I would take out of my IRA to buy one. My girl friend Paula is helping me. She is an appraiser.
I had been looking for a 2 bedroom condo but they are all so depressing.

Jeff gave me some cinnamon bread and coffee.
Yum.

I see my therapist on the 22nd. I found an old journal from 10 years ago. I want to read it to her. I scheduled a 2 hour block of time to go over it.

I have laundry to do and we are taking down the christmas trees and decorations today.

Have a good day yall.
bizi _______________

bizi 01-14-2018 07:57 PM

I am clear headed and loving it!
bizi
Looking at moving, started looking for houses today. Found one that I really like and hubby doesn't. It could get ugly.... https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/ass...ticons/e46.gif
bizi

Mari 01-14-2018 09:36 PM

Enjoy the house hunting. Much luck to you.

Hubby and I used a realtor.

When hubby and I bought our place, we sat down together and made a list of three or four things that we both absolutely needed:

1 a very specific area/part of the county
2 three bedrooms
3 one floor

I also said that I would move out of our rental only if he agreed to immediately put in the hurricane-proof features I wanted: hurricane impact windows, door, . . . Thus we had to factor in the price of that with what the
cost of the house was going to be.
Before we moved in we had the a/c vents cleaned.
. . . Also, insulation added to the attic. ---- during that time the electric company was offering a deal on the insulation.

It's the same size as our appt was -- about 1300 square feet -- so, not huge
but perfect for us.

We got particularly lucky with a place about a hundred feet from a small
neighborhood park that he often uses for jogging.

Good luck with your search.:heartthrob: :heartthrob: :heartthrob:

M

bizi 01-14-2018 10:57 PM

Thank you mari.
I found a neighborhood with 8 homes for sale in our price range and about 12 years old. perfect!
I texted 2 different people with a question about the area: Emerald gardens. To see if the area flooded at all. I was texting back and forth to each other then found out they were mother and daughter and on the phone at the same time. I was embarrassed! But they answered my question, no flood zone! We laughed about it when she called me.
Jeff wants more of a yard trees and bushes to feed the birds, and I don't want any back yard at all. These are not patio homes, but are close together.
I can't tell from zillow about the neighborhood so am going to drive out there at my noon hour tomorrow.

IT is exciting!!!!
bizi
The only thing that we need to do is replace the front door. We can't even open it! and have never had a key.

Mari 01-15-2018 03:46 AM

Also you can look for flood zones on line.

M

bizi 01-15-2018 08:23 AM

11-17-17=185.6
1-15-18=172.7
almost 13 pounds in 2 months!
bizi

OhKay 01-15-2018 08:34 AM

The neighborhood sounds really promising, Bizi. I hope that you and Jeff can find a place to compromise on there. I think it's a great idea that you are taking a drive out there to check the area out.

OhKay 01-15-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1257585)
11-17-17=185.6
1-15-18=172.7
almost 13 pounds in 2 months!
bizi

Fantastic! :):):)
How are your clothes fitting you now? That's a lot of weight...

mymorgy 01-15-2018 08:36 AM

I lost five pounds in one month. Ithink it is because I am eating fish.I finally looked up what Jim crow meant

bizi 01-15-2018 08:52 AM

congratulations bobby. Fish is so good for us!
I have been drinking nothing but tea in the evenings.
Not even snacking.
I can't tell that I have lost weight really. It will take a significant amount of weight loss for me to really notice.
I have to say that I am very happy looking at the scale!!!!
With all of this tea that I am drinking. The weight loss must be real.
I drink tea with caffeine in the morning then herbal tea at night. I use stevia to sweeten the tea. It doesn't really taste that different then one brand over the other because I use toffee flavored stevia. So really I should just buy the cheapest brand. It is not expensive $2-$4 for 18 tea bags.
shoot that is nothing compared to the beers I was drinking at whole foods $6-7 a pint and 300 calories vs. none.
Not drinking is definitely contributing to my ability to lose this weight.

Have a great day yall!
bizi

mymorgy 01-15-2018 08:58 AM

do you have less social anxiety now? or more or the same?

bizi 01-15-2018 09:13 AM

I think I am more confident in my own skin.
I hope this is not some hypomania.
Have not been in new social situations to know if my anxiety has changed.
my guess it has decreased.
Zyprexa has made a big difference.
thanks for asking.
bizi

bizi 01-15-2018 08:02 PM

Breakfast: tea
lunch: talapia fish with a mango chutney
and sides of bak choy, beets and carrots.
Dinner: curried chicken salad, brocolli
crunch salad and pineapple.
tea and water to drink.
may have some pop corn tonight
bizi https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/ass...icons/e334.gif

bizi 01-15-2018 08:42 PM

Tuesday
A chance of rain before 3pm, then a chance of sleet. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 29 by 5pm. North wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no sleet accumulation expected.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of snow and sleet before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Schools closed for tomorrow....not sure if the university is though....hubby will know.

Mari 01-16-2018 07:35 AM

Did you have rain? Were you able to get out and about on the roads?

M

OhKay 01-16-2018 08:07 AM

I recommend an alcohol-free stevia if you are going to buy one without flavoring because there is less of an after-taste. I went through a few and found that I like NuNatural's Alcohol-free NuStevia drops the best.

I'm sorry you are getting all that bad weather you hate and are not used to. Please be careful driving and walking on slippery surfaces :hug::hug::hug:

You posted A LOT yesterday. That's something to keep an eye on :hug:

bizi 01-16-2018 08:57 AM

I am looking at moving.
Jeff and I had a big fight.
I want to leave this house, too old too many problems.
A 12 year old house would be perfect.
The weather today and tonight will be awful.
My 9am appointment texted me to cancel her appointment,
Her daughter told me that she is on hospice now.
Now my first appointment is not until 10;30am.
I am drinking hot tea which I have really gotten to liking.
Thank you for your observations, I will keep an eye on check of any hypomania.
bizi

Dmom3005 01-16-2018 10:45 AM

I personally think the way you are talking you are not hypemania.

I know it would be hard to tell. But I hear nice clear thinking
things. Even wanting to buy a house. Your going through thinking
and finding the right one. Not just buying one because it looks
good.

I remember when you almost bought a car. Just because you wanted
it. I think you are doing well. I'm so happy for your weight loss too.

bizi 01-16-2018 08:43 PM

Thank you donna for saying that.
I am seeing my pdoc sooner this thursday just to check in with her.
I see my tdoc on monday for a 2 hour session.

mari, it has been raining sleeting all day and the temps are down to the teens tonight.
I canceled my first 2 morning appointments.
We had to scrape ice off the windsheild after eating out after 45 minutes at most....with our gloves as we did not have a scraper in that car.
I have 2 in my car at home and one great big one in the house, that we forgot to bring to indiana lol.
The roads will be icy, all 3 bridges around town have been shut down I have clients at 12;30 and it is going to be a sunny day. We don't have salt trucks or sand for that matter.

NOthing but water and tea to drink todayhttps://forums.psychcentral.com/imag...lies/smile.gif
shrimp and corn chowder and a side of smothered collard greens.yum!
With this ice storm the only place open was this italian restaurant. I had a chicken salad with olives and tomatoes and cheese, which I brought home half of it.
hubby had lasagna, he thought his was over cooked.
Even mcdonalds was closed!https://forums.psychcentral.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
I need to get out of these socks, my feet are cold and damp. I have been wearing them night and day because they are wool and are supposed to keep my feet warm.
sigh
bizi
bizi

bizi 01-17-2018 12:23 AM

Hard freeze for us tonight and in the morning. burr!
I canceled my first 2 appointments maybe the roads will be wet with drivers driving on them.
bizi

Dmom3005 01-17-2018 04:20 PM

My part of Indiana has finally (drum Roll) hit the 20's today. So far just
20 but I'll take it. Guessing wind chill has put us to 10 though. But
still lots better than last few days.

Its supposed to get in 30's and then 40's on Friday. Wow, heat
wave. Then probably cold again. Ugh, and snow with the weather
or rain.

Hoping just for nice warmer type weather on Wednesday so I
can come home not so cold.

bizi 01-17-2018 07:29 PM

hey donna it got up to 30 today!
The sun was out and melted a lot of the ice. Some roads are still icy so I had to be careful driving especially on side streets and under trees and over bridges. It is 27 right now and is Supposed to go down to 19 tonight then start to warm up during the day.
This is the south!
We are not used to these hard freezes!
So far no one has had frozen pipes in my family up north.
bizi

bizi 01-18-2018 08:55 AM

17 this morning. BUrr!
The roads will be slick. the sun melted some of the ice as did traffic. The sun is not really out yet and I have early morning appointments so have to go out before the sun has the chance to melt the ice again like yesterday when I left the house at 1230.
I put hot pockets on my socks again this morning, worked yesterday, my feet were nice and toasty.
My car had a bit of a rough time starting yesterday. wonder how it will do today?
The high will be near 40!
Hard to believe it will be 70 by sunday!
I see my pdoc this afternoon, want to check in with her earlier because I was so emotionally charged for a few days.
Doesn't a full blown episode last a week?
mine lasted 3 days.
bizi:confused:

I have had coffee, hot tea and milk to drink this morning.

Dmom3005 01-18-2018 11:31 AM

Bizi

It was around 16 here this morning. But I'm sure the wind chill probably put it close to the negatives. Because when I opened the door to let my dog Jake out it was really cold. No fun. I'm hoping we get the warmth they are predicting.
But not sure it will happen. I'm ready for spring and summer.

Ugh, no fun this weather. I was hoping to go to town today, but just to
cold. Hubby will pick up my prescription.

Have an good visit Bizi with the pdoc.

bizi 01-18-2018 08:19 PM

I saw my PDOC today and gave her a good report.
She was very happy with me.
I am stable and feel so good about that.
pinch me is this real?
bizi

bizi 01-18-2018 10:09 PM

coffee with creamer and hot tea
8oz of whole milk for breakfast
Today I had more carbs than I have had in a while.

lunch
roasted chicken, thigh and a leg.
1/2cup of delicious mashed sweet potatoes.
1 c of smothered collard greens and
1 c of smothered swiss chard
1 small slice of summer sausage,
1/2 oz of cheddar cheese

Dinner
6 oz of lemon pepper talapia sauteed in coconut oil
1 cup of cauliflower steamed with a little hot sauce.
half an avocado
hot tea
2 small squares of dark chocolate
evening snack
200 calorie bag of pop corn
hot tea

good eating day
bizi
looking back over this..I ate too much!

OhKay 01-19-2018 07:20 AM

You're allowed a cheat day or here and there!!! It can actually be a good thing sometimes.

You are doing fantastic! I'm so happy for you! Being stable and feeling clear headed really does feel amazing!!! :):):)

Your pdoc must have been so pleased about how long you have been AF.
When do you see your tdoc?

I'm sorry about all the bad weather. Being in the South, you guys aren't prepared for ice, snow, and very cold temperatures like we are up North.

bizi 01-19-2018 09:21 AM

171.3!!!! almost to the 160's!!!
I never thought that I would get that heavy. Meds and alcohol can really mess me up. I was 186 a couple of months ago.
bizi

11-28-17 day 1 AF
11-29 AF
11-30 AF
I made it AF all of December!
1-1 AF
1-2 DD
1-3 AF thru1-19 AF (51 days AF, 1 day DD)
The DD was great fun!!!!!
well truthfully it was fun until I got sick and threw up! https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/ass...ticons/e33.gif

bizi

Dmom3005 01-19-2018 12:37 PM

Bizi

I'm so glad your appointment went so well. I think your doing
fantastic myself. Wish my weight would get down to that too.

OhKay 01-20-2018 07:29 AM

You should be really proud of yourself for all of the progress you have made, Bizi! :):):)

51AF days is awesome!
And that is a lot of weight to lose!