NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   What's Your Grief (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/250576-whats-grief.html)

Alice P 01-10-2018 09:57 PM

What's Your Grief

There's a really good website called What's Your Grief that has helped me deal with all of the feelings, emotions, pain and daily stress of my mom's death.

It's not the usual (5 stages of grief, you should be over it by now, etc ) grief-speak that we have all heard and read. I have looked everywhere for help and always came up short until I found this website. If you are grieving, it might be a good place for you.

Home - What's Your Grief

They also have message boards where you can talk to/support other people.

BlueMajo 02-08-2018 11:48 AM

I’m gonna check it out right now... 3 weeks ago I lost my mom, and I really feel I’m going crazy....

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Wiix 05-04-2018 05:26 PM

Everything I ever cared about or loved has been taken away from me. What can I do? :confused: There seems to be nothing for me anywhere. :(

Living_Dazed 06-13-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiix (Post 1262245)
Everything I ever cared about or loved has been taken away from me. What can I do? :confused: There seems to be nothing for me anywhere. :(

I feel very similar. I feel the lowest I’ve ever been and am doing all I know to help myself but I’m still in desperation.

Wiix 06-13-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice P (Post 1257346)
There's a really good website called What's Your Grief that has helped me deal with all of the feelings, emotions, pain and daily stress of my mom's death.

It's not the usual (5 stages of grief, you should be over it by now, etc ) grief-speak that we have all heard and read. I have looked everywhere for help and always came up short until I found this website. If you are grieving, it might be a good place for you.

Home - What's Your Grief

They also have message boards where you can talk to/support other people.

I joined it. I hope it helps me. :( :hug:

Wiix 06-13-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_Dazed (Post 1263844)
I feel very similar. I feel the lowest I’ve ever been and am doing all I know to help myself but I’m still in desperation.

Me too. :(

Wiix 06-13-2018 11:56 PM

I've spent the past 9 months or so in Nursing homes as a patient. True, I was put there by mistake, but what an education. I spent the last 4 months with a woman who wanted to die and I watched it, the whole process with Hospice feeding her morphine every 4 hours for 8 days until she did die.

I felt drained and hopeless. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I finally did with the help of a good, Christian woman, who is my friend.

I am now in my own apt again but I'm finding it very difficult dealing with my newly diagnosed diabetes. I have constant nausea and am trying to put together my new life, which seems impossible most days.

I'm buying all the things that I lost through the internet but that seems taxing and endless.

I'm having an especially bad day today because of my blood sugar and find myself dizzy most of the time. I have some control of it but some days it gets away from me. I'm hoping I'll get better at this thing.

caroline2 12-15-2019 02:49 PM

I can think of a couple griefs in my 81 yrs....

When my little 5 yr old was killed by a truck, I think of him so much, he would be close to 40 and never had a life.

My other grief is a hip replacement that ended up with many complications and has really changed my life and not for the positive.

Other losses were pretty normal in the whole scheme.

Count your blessings as there are many in our lifetimes.