NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Bridge Collapse (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/25074-bridge-collapse.html)

vlhperry 08-01-2007 08:57 PM

Bridge Collapse

Dear Members,

A major bridge in Minneapolis, a 64 foot span, collapsed into the Mississippi river today at rush hour. Please pray for the families and the victims including the construction workers who were doing average maintanience and were possibly crushed under the water and the rubble. There is at this time, 1 confirmed dead, 6 critically injured as well as several others hospitized.

My youngest son, Tim and his wife are both paramedics and are involved in the recovery effort. Tim has been trained in scubadiving rescue. Please keep all the recovery rescue teams in your prayers.

Love,
Vicky

jeanb 08-01-2007 10:08 PM

Prayers

Vicky,

Yes of course our prayers are with the recovery teams and everyone touched by this disaster. Please keep us informed about your son and his wife as they help others in need.

most sincerely,

Curious 08-01-2007 10:31 PM

i have many family members in minneapolis area.

my prayers go out to all. the families..the rescue workers. the community .

the count is now 7 confirmed dead. :(

:grouphug:

thank you vicky and bless your family.

vlhperry 08-01-2007 11:54 PM

Thank you Jean and Curious

I still haven't heard from my son or his wife. I am sure the recovery efforts will be going on all night. If anyone would like to know more, see news video, pictures, and updates you may want to vist the website:

www.kstp.com

It is a local news program. Thanks for all your prayers.

Love,
Vicky

steffi 001 08-02-2007 02:51 AM

For Vicky and Curious

I am holding everyone in my prayers right now,who are involved in this tragic occurrence,including those families whose lives now,are dominated by the anxious wait for news of their loved ones. So sad.
Steff

EnglishCountryDancer 08-02-2007 03:00 AM

Dreadful

How dreadful.My heart goes out to everyone involved.

vlhperry 08-02-2007 06:56 AM

Still Waiting to Hear from son

Thank you Steffi and English Country Dancer. I still haven't heard from my son or his wife. Keep praying for the recovery teams. It must be terribly dangerous with all the cement and metal being pushed by the currents of the river. Minneapolis also had a downpour of rain to slow the recovery down.

Love,
Vicky

paula_w 08-02-2007 07:45 AM

I can't imagine the horror....your son might suffer some post traumatic stress. No eyes should have to witness what he is seeing right now.

Thoughts and prayers,
Paula

jeanb 08-02-2007 07:49 AM

Vicky and Curious

Praying for all the people in Minneapolis. What a tragedy. My heart goes out to you.

Virginia Therese 08-02-2007 09:16 AM

Prayers for you and your family

Vicky...I can only imagine your anxiety knowing that you have family members involved in this rescue...but, even midst this anxiety, there must be a very real sense of pride in what your family members are doing for those people. I know, too, that your great faith will sustain you during what must be a very difficult time for you.

Therese