NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Chronic cluster/migraines... 44 years (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/250807-chronic-cluster-migraines-44-a.html)

Happygma 02-01-2018 07:58 PM

Chronic cluster/migraines... 44 years

Nothing I haven't tried... NOTHING!!! I have a wonderful pain doctor that has tried EVERYTHING. I don't know what else to do. Pain meds don't work anymore, I'm allergic to botox, can't take imetrix. I've had surgery.
44 years ago i was pregnant to my youngest child. I was stopped to turn at stop light and a lady went through red light and rear ended me. I was cut out of car with jaws of life. I crushed both tmjs, didn't let them Cray below neck because of baby but bones were crunching when I walked. They wired my jaws shut. 8 years later they rebuilt my jaw. When baby was induced 1 no early the Docs looked at x rays and laughed they'd never seen a pelvis so crushed the person lived. They had conference calls with U of W, Harborview and Virginia Mason and decided to fuse my pubic synsisus.... first time in history. No one knows what to do. I'm desperate

ger715 02-05-2018 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happygma (Post 1258519)
Nothing I haven't tried... NOTHING!!! I have a wonderful pain doctor that has tried EVERYTHING. I don't know what else to do. Pain meds don't work anymore, I'm allergic to botox, can't take imetrix. I've had surgery.
44 years ago i was pregnant to my youngest child. I was stopped to turn at stop light and a lady went through red light and rear ended me. I was cut out of car with jaws of life. I crushed both tmjs, didn't let them Cray below neck because of baby but bones were crunching when I walked. They wired my jaws shut. 8 years later they rebuilt my jaw. When baby was induced 1 no early the Docs looked at x rays and laughed they'd never seen a pelvis so crushed the person lived. They had conference calls with U of W, Harborview and Virginia Mason and decided to fuse my pubic synsisus.... first time in history. No one knows what to do. I'm desperate

You really have been thru so much. I wish there was something that could take some of your pain away.

I suffered with Migraines since my teens. Bright light, drafts on left side of face; etc.. In my 30's I used Midrin which helped a little started taking too many since migraine would come back in a few hours; eventually suffered rebound headaches which were almost constant. I went completely off everything for months.

Eventually tried Botox; was a no help whatsoever.

It's too bad you can't take Imitrex. That is the only thing that has helped me. It has been a godsend. I am careful not to take more than one; rarely take a 2nd in a day.

I am under Pain Management for other issues including spinal/ and peripheral neuropathy. Percocet (Oxycodone) does help lessen the pain when it gets over the top. I would imagine you may have tried the Percocet since It appears you have tried just about everything.

So sorry for all you are going through.