NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   emptiness (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/250820-emptiness.html)

mymorgy 02-04-2018 09:50 AM

emptiness

i am going to try to limit my tv watching. It has made me so alienated.I just watch the news waiting for donald and family to get locked up. i feel so empty
and not attached to anyone. at first it was an utter shock. i will see how long i can do it

bizi 02-04-2018 11:38 AM

:( I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now.
Could you watch the superbowl to distract you?
(((((HUGS))))))
bizi

tnthomas 02-04-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1258600)
i am going to try to limit my tv watching. It has made me so alienated.I just watch the news waiting for donald and family to get locked up. i feel so empty
and not attached to anyone. at first it was an utter shock. i will see how long i can do it

I understand your pain, however it just makes it worse to focus on "that which you have no control over".

Some outdoors time is uplifting, unless of course you're knee-deep in snow where you live.

mymorgy 02-04-2018 01:54 PM

I am going to watch the superbowl with cecilia,. that isn't the news. I have trouble walking since the stroke and I think I suffer the stroke fatigue unless
it is sleep deprivation.. i am always tired.

bizi 02-04-2018 02:36 PM

I am glad that you will spend some time with cecilia.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

OhKay 02-05-2018 07:31 AM

I think it is probably a combination of sleep deprivation and fatigue from the stroke, but I think you are feeling the effects of lack of sleep first/worst :hug:

I remember you mentioning scheduling an appointment with your pdoc. Do you have one yet? Do you take the Doxepin for sleep? Would you be interested in adjusting the dose, or trying a different sleeping pill?

I hate that you are not sleeping. I'm sure it's contributing to your depression :hug::hug::hug:

Can you start reading instead of watching so much TV, or are you having too hard of a time concentrating?

mymorgy 02-05-2018 08:41 AM

not watching the news is helping. i am paying more attention to the kitty cats.
sleeping pills don't seem to work on me.

mymorgy 02-05-2018 12:28 PM

I am also feeling a lot of anger spread all over the place

bizi 02-05-2018 08:39 PM

(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

OhKay 02-06-2018 06:31 AM

I remember that kind of anger happening to you when you were very depressed in the past :hug::hug::hug:

How often do you see that therapist?
Do you have an appointment scheduled with your pdoc?
Are you still participating in the religious classes?

I'm sorry that sleeping pills don't work for you and you have to struggle with insomnia. My wish is wish for better sleep for you :hug::hug::hug: