NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Happy Birthday Michael (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/251-happy-birthday-michael.html)

Alffe 08-29-2006 06:56 AM

Happy Birthday Michael

He would be 48 today had he not taken his life. Our son was big, healthy, handsom and intelligent with every reason to live. At least that's what we thought...shows you how wrong a parent can be. But we all have survived it and that was no small feat.

I personally, had tremendous support from the original BrainTalk forum and the handful of people there that picked me up from the floor those many years ago. I will never lose sight of that fact.

Hugs for the room.

Curious 08-29-2006 07:13 AM

{{{{{alffe}}}}}}

michaels' story has touched so many throughout the years. so have you. the help you have given has been tremendious. there is no count on those that had read and never replied.

a toast to the legacy michael has left behind. the pain can never be erased, from the depths of dispare people have risen. seen that there is hope. love, kindness and friendship.

Bobbi 08-29-2006 07:26 AM

Thank you, Alffe, for sharing his birthday with us.

... and here's wishing you and others here a gentle day filled with kindness ...

All the Best

jingle 08-29-2006 09:10 AM

((( alffe))) love, prayers and thanks

Alffe 08-29-2006 11:01 AM

Thank you for those loving words...it really means a lot to me.

One of Michaels' sisters called me this morning and we had an "age" conversation...there was only 15 months between them and for awhile, she was taller than her brother and he hated that!

We all have some wonderful memories of his life and it's important to remember, especially when the pain is fresh, that someday you will be able to think about your loved one and smile instead of sob.

(((Bobbi))) (((Curious))) (((Jingle)))

Curious 08-29-2006 11:32 AM

my brother was less than 2 years older than me. the stinker got one up on me....i'm older than he is now!

when he was in the 6th grade i was taller than him. he was the shortest boy in the whole 6th grade. he made up for it in personality. he grew...to 6ft!. i stopped growing inthe 6th grade after my accident. go figure?

i bet you can think of a million silly things that son of your did. his memory lives on. the sadness too. i can't say that it will never go away. it won't. but each year you will find more to celebrate about his life.

there was another plan for him. for you and your family.

(((((alffe))))

Alffe 08-29-2006 03:08 PM

Wise words Curious. :)

One of Michaels other sisters called a little while ago...guess we all have him on our minds today. She wondered, *grin, how I liked being that pregnant in August in Indiana. :D

~scrabble 08-29-2006 09:14 PM

Happy Birthday Michael

(((Alffe & Mr. Alffe & Family)))

My son has just applied to volunteer for the NEED Youth Crisis Line and I am very proud of him. He will go through some extensive training which I think will not only be useful for answering the NEED phone but for being able to help his friends as well. I talked to him about Michael as well as the guy I had been close to (who was the reason for me to search out SOS at Braintalk). *~scrabble wonders where he is now and how he is doing ....

farside 08-29-2006 09:48 PM

((((((((((Alffe)))))))))))

To turn such a painful tragedy into understanding words and support that have helped countless, more than you could possibly know... I am sure your son lives on in the lives of many who were comforted by you.

You are one of earth's angels, Alffe.

Happy Birthday Michael.

Doody 08-29-2006 10:41 PM

Happy birthday Michael.

((((Alffe))))