NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Grapeseed Extract and PN (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/251209-grapeseed-extract-pn.html)

caroline2 03-20-2018 08:07 PM

Grapeseed Extract and PN

Personally I've never gone to an MD for the nerve issues I live with. I study all the information we have at our fingertips and then there is all the information on this forum.

I basically know what the nerve issues are from and I do everything in my power to reduce the pain issues.

Chicosalt 03-22-2018 11:20 PM

About that grape seed extraat

Hello Caroline.
I've posted a few random times on this site, but am a proficient stalker! I see your posts, always followed with "most important- grateful seed extract." Because of your persistence and insistence, I take it, but am curious- what is your experience that this is so beneficial?
Me- slowly progressing idiopathic neuropathy, no pain (yet), looking to head the herd off at the pass.
Lori

caroline2 03-23-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicosalt (Post 1260671)
Hello Caroline.
I've posted a few random times on this site, but am a proficient stalker! I see your posts, always followed with "most important- grateful seed extract." Because of your persistence and insistence, I take it, but am curious- what is your experience that this is so beneficial?
Me- slowly progressing idiopathic neuropathy, no pain (yet), looking to head the herd off at the pass.
Lori

How long you been taking it? Do you take Enough for your bodyweight firstly..200mg is a good maintenance dose. Most days now I'm taking 200mg a few times daily....

My major achievement with Grape Seed Ex was to get rid of allergy/sinus issues. This all happened in 1995...and continues.

Gums are improved, eyesight is improved, skin is good, immune system strong (no colds or flu) and no vaccines either. Brain is clear, no fog. Brain is good, memory wise.....I'm 80 this year. If all goes as planned I'll die healthy.

Now a friend who has 30 yrs of neuropathy and was on all the drugs and going thru all the side effects the the drugs, has been taking grape seed ex for about 5 yrs I'd say and she's off the drugs. Pain is reduced a lot for her. Not cured but so much more bearable and no drug side effects.

I have nerve damage from surgery and grape seed ex could be working for me there...I'm also looking more at inflammation and upping my Omega 3's softgels...maybe I should post about that.

Now, the kicker, when I heard the lecture on Pycnogenol/Grape Seed Ex back in 1995, we were told "may" prevent cancer(s)...so far so good and I'm banking on that one for sure.

Grape Seed Ex cleans and thins the blood so one cannot take pharma blood thinner and grape seed. Blood could get too thin.

Hope this helps. C

Chicosalt 03-23-2018 07:34 PM

Thanks, Caroline! Sounds pretty miraculous!
I have been taking 200 mg daily about 6 months, really in the hope 🙏 of stopping (reversing? Haha!) growing neuropathy. (I weigh 140)
Will keep on keeping on!
Thanks for your wonderful reply!

ElaineD 03-26-2018 07:03 PM

Dear Neuropathy Angels,

I'm supposed to be cutting back on supplements, not adding (according to my geriatrician MD).

Grapeseed has always interested me. I checked it out at NIH (National Institutes of Health):

Grape Seed Extract | NCCIH

I would add it, but I really take so many prescriptions and supplements, and now I'm on an antibiotic for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, which is caused by neuropathy in my intestinal track. So I'll put this on the back burner for now.

My PN is profound, and wouldn't change no matter what I do, sad to say.

Regards, ElaineD

caroline2 03-27-2018 06:22 PM

ElaineD.. Maybe some day you'll find your way clear to get with grape seed extract...one cannot be taking pharma blood thinners and I don't know if you do or not. I was 57 when I started taking this OPC and I'm 80 this year, hard to believe. It's a salvation for so many parts of my body: gums, eyes, may prevent cancer, reduces edema....and so much more. Well, maybe some day.