NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Anyone trying MJ, THC, CBD oil products ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/251607-trying-mj-thc-cbd-oil-products.html)

Jomar 05-30-2018 05:22 PM

Anyone trying MJ, THC, CBD oil products ?

I was wondering how well it works for you, and what main issues you use it for ?

kiwi33 05-30-2018 07:15 PM

Medicinal cannabis is legal here on prescription only.

It is still early days but it seems that it can be prescribed for a range of conditions including management of epilepsy, MS, chronic pain and palliative care.

caroline2 06-23-2018 12:51 PM

I've purchased several types of CBD tinctures and didn't go for the HIGH priced products and they really have NOT done anything for me. Also working with a couple CBD salves with 100mg and 500mg strength and I get "maybe" a little pain relief.

If it takes like 1000mg strengths, then the price goes sky high, for my purse anyway.

I'm trying it for arthritic pain.

PurpleFoot721 06-23-2018 02:17 PM

I have tried some stuff a friend of mine makes. He insisted that I try it for my CRPS but the oils just don't seem to help for me.

6thCranialNerve 07-27-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1263275)
I was wondering how well it works for you, and what main issues you use it for ?

I am using it for chemoneuropathy and muscle pain from Myasthenia Gravis. It must be working because when I feel better I forget to take it! The first time I used it I must have take too low a dose; because it didn't really work well for me. I heard about a neurologist using it in Florida to treat a lady with MG so I bought some in a higher dose. You can always add to your dose so I don't recommend beginning high; but low and work your way up.

Kayll89 07-27-2018 08:24 PM

I have tried CBD/THC oil and have had no luck. I suffer from daily headaches (9+ hours a day). However I know some people who say it works wonders for them. Guess everyone reacts differently to it, always worth a shot! :)

Jomar 08-02-2018 01:04 PM

A related thread with good info on our PN forum.
https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral...ml#post1266109

Bradcym 09-17-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1263275)

I was wondering the same thing. I was diagnosed with MG 2weeks ago after ER visit, but don’t go to see Nuero until Tuesday. At the hospital they ran blood test, but didn’t have results when I left. I’m currently taking 90mg mestinon. (3X day) which isn’t doing much other than keeping my eye from drooping. What questions should I be asking @ appt? Fell like I’m getting no where fast and ready to try something else. My neighbor also was diagnosed with this several yrs ago, but after plasma treatment has gone into remission. Hoping to try that also since I know someone that has worked for.

DejaVu 10-09-2018 01:05 AM

I am currently trying mmj for chronic pain (neuropathy, Psoriatic Arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraine, CRPS) as well as for C-PTSD and for sleep.

Zero migraines.
Helps some with pain.
Helps with anxiety and c-PTSD.
Definitely helps with sleep.

I am currently vaping the actual "herb." However, I would like to find a suitable alternative method; no matter what you are told, vaping does release some smoke. I want to be smoke-free. I will be going to the dispensary again soon.

:grouphug:
DejaVu

caroline2 01-31-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayll89 (Post 1265824)
I have tried CBD/THC oil and have had no luck. I suffer from daily headaches (9+ hours a day). However I know some people who say it works wonders for them. Guess everyone reacts differently to it, always worth a shot! :)

Just reading this thread, do you still have your headaches. Could these be sinus headaches. I would say give Grape Seed Extract a good trial and you could be very pleased with results. I get no headaches in mega years and on grape seed ex about 24 yrs.