NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Fingers numbness (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/251622-fingers-numbness.html)

Shak2388 06-03-2018 06:47 AM

Fingers numbness

Just want to ask if anyone else gets this.
Fingers go numb when holding something tightly it happens on either hand e.g. like holding the mobile for a period of time or holding the steering wheel whilst driving..the strange thing is after getting this numbness I don't feel the after effect pins and needles,my fingers just go back to normal its a weird one.

zorro1 06-03-2018 06:59 AM

peripheral neuropathy. it's an early sign

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Shak2388 06-03-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro1 (Post 1263409)
peripheral neuropathy. it's an early sign

Hey thanks for the reply...do u have this?

echoes long ago 06-03-2018 02:35 PM

we have had people here in the past who have had what you are describing. I dont. They had this Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsy - Wikipedia

zorro1 06-03-2018 02:43 PM

Yes and other symptoms a lot worse.
Yours may clear up or maybe not.

I wish you the best
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shak2388 (Post 1263419)
Hey thanks for the reply...do u have this?

kiwi33 06-05-2018 02:36 AM

I get finger numbness sometimes which may be part of the PN in my hands arising from when I used to abuse alcohol.

Shak2388 06-05-2018 04:29 AM

Thanks for everyone’s input

DishRag 06-05-2018 06:13 PM

While waiting for my Carpal Tunnel surgery, my Orthopedic Surgeon said that my Neurologist called him and told him that my symptoms were due to PN, not Carpal Tunnel & that he recommend against surgery. I was 100% confident that my hand/wrist numbness was caused by a positional issue(steering wheel, motorcycle handlebars, sleeping with one arm not stretched out flat, or any other activity that required a certain set to fingers and wrist for more than 5 min).

The Surgeon just looked at me and said, "All I have to hear is that you think he is wrong and you want the surgery."....so I did. I had one wrist done, and the result was so astoundingly good, I had the other one done. Keep in mind I have a $10,000 deductible on my insurance, so all this was on >me<, so I did not make the decision rashly. I do have PN, but now my positional wrist/finger problem is gone. Will PN eventually creep up and take the feeling away from my fingers, hands and wrist?....most likely, but it's not the sole source of numbness or nerve damage, and if it that surgery gives me a few more years on two wheels, it is completely worth the $ to me(and no, I ain't "rich", but I have my priority's).