NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   A shock wave. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/252180-shock-wave.html)

Brokenfriend 08-28-2018 02:38 PM

A shock wave.

My niece and brother in law want to meet with my case manager. They didn't tell me first. I think that they are going to try to make arrangements to have me move out. Move out to where? What about my stuff, and what about my cat. I love my cat deeply. This is making me sick. BF:vomit::Sigh: I feel abandoned in advance and rejection, and fear.
BF:(

OhKay 08-28-2018 03:30 PM

I'm so sorry, BF :hug::hug::hug:

I can only hope that you are wrong about why they want to meet with your case manager... and that they are only concerned about your health :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 08-28-2018 10:08 PM

My BOL is going to retire next Summer, and I've been told that he may be selling the property that I'm on. I live on this property. He has been talking about this too my niece.

I was wondering why they didn't call me first. This is strange.

They want to meet this week with my case manager, but I'm too shaken up. We need to make it next week. That's what I emailed to them.

Anxiety/depression/Kidney/age/knee and back pain is a bad combination to be dealing with, so a move might cause me to break down.

I feel a sense of abandonment creeping into my emotions, and it doesn't feel good.

What if everything has been said, and done, and I end up living on the streets. It could happen. BF:grouphug:

bizi 08-28-2018 11:25 PM

I am sorry that things will change for you. Don't know what will happen and the is worse than knowing the truth. Right now please concentrate on maintaining your mental health. Call in your team members your case worker and your therapist if you have one.
I am glad that you have us but you need real life support right now. This is crisis mode for you . I understand your fear. I think they will help you to figure out your home situation. You may need to find hud housing or section 8 housing or what ever else they call low income housing..
They will not put you to the streets!!!!!
lots of hugs
(((((((HUGS)))))))

Dmom3005 08-29-2018 10:00 AM

Friend

Your team can work this out. And it sounds like your niece and Brother-in-law are giving them time to work it out.

Work on getting your health back on track this week. And have the team
work to set up the meeting when you are ready to have the meeting.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 08-29-2018 07:27 PM

My parents have passed away, and so has my sister. My last Uncle who cared about me passed away a couple of years ago. I now have no family members to cheer me up.

My counseller resigned and has left her position about 3, or 4 weeks ago. My brother in law doesn't want to talk to me for some reason. He wants my niece to talk to me, but she only talks to me through the internet.

It looks like I'm going to be abandoned by the last family members that I have. That feels really bad. It's a horrible feeling to be rejected like this.

I'm glad that I have a case manager and social workers. BF:grouphug::hug:

Brokenfriend 08-29-2018 07:32 PM

I have you all. I have God with me. BF:grouphug::hug:

bizi 08-29-2018 11:53 PM

yes you do!
((((HUGS))))
bizi:grouphug:

Dmom3005 08-30-2018 09:27 AM

Friend

I'm wondering if your brother-in-law is depressed also is part of the
problem. Not that its your problem. And he doesn't know what
to say to you or do. And honestly to do a meeting with your
case manager and others, he will have to talk. Or your niece will
have too. So this will be something that will change.

I have a suggestion, that might not work, or it might. But maybe
you could ask your case manager and anyone else coming to
the meeting on your be-hath to either come half an hour early to
talk about the things you want to have discussed at the meeting.
Or meet at a time different, then have this meeting.

Make sure the team knows what the points you want discussed are.
And how you want them handled. IF you are comfortable with one
or more of them handling the meeting for you then, let them do
as much of it as they can.

Also see if they can work to get your brother-in-law and niece to
tell them why they wont talk to you. Maybe they can.

bizi 08-30-2018 11:10 AM

This is great advice donna!
((((HUGS))))

bizi

Mari 08-30-2018 03:56 PM

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Sending lots of hugs and prayers for you., Friend.

M

Brokenfriend 08-30-2018 04:51 PM

I'm sorry. I wish that they would be that easy to talk to, but they aren't. My bol is very strong. They seem to only want to talk to me on the internet. That way he has all of the control. He has not talked to me on the internet in a while. My niece requests emails. If I'm upset by what they say, they have it all written down in the email, and can print and save it for further action, or punishment.

I was moved up here first because the property that I lived on in the capital of my state was being sold. Now it's happening again. My sister has passed away. I remember my sister told me that these things will never happen again. I've heard things being said when I was talking to another person in the house. He's retiring in 3/4s of a year, and he doesn't want me around. It's like he's built a wall between him and I and I don't know why.

I have become very depressed. My case manager says it's very weird how they don't talk to me. I forgot how she put it. The whole thing is about money I believe. He asked my former case manager to find a place for me to live. I'm positive that he wants to move me out into the system.

I don't know how he got permission to talk to my former case manager. My new case manager found the information. He wants me to move out, and there's nothing that I can do about it. I'm having kidney problems on top of all of this. My niece said he wanted to move me out when he found this out. I think that it's all about the money, and hearts have cooled off about me in the family.

I sent an email to my niece's husband to ask for help with programming a phone this week, and I got an unfriendly email back from him. That was the first time that he was unfriendly to me. I think that my bol is talking to them, and slowly turning them against me. I know what I've heard from my case manager about what my former case manager said about him wanting to move me out. My niece said that he wanted to move me out when he learned that I have Kidney disease. So these things are not my imagination or paranoia. BF:(:hug::hug::grouphug:

Dmom3005 08-30-2018 06:30 PM

Friend

I think I'd remind the case manager, to remind your former case manager
that Hippa is in effect. That he isn't allowed to share any information with
anyone about you. That its against the law.

I think I'd also be asking how this former case manager got that information
also. Because it shouldn't be something they have either if not on your
case now.

Brokenfriend 08-30-2018 11:36 PM

I've been going through a roller coaster of emotions. I've gone into deep depression, fear, and the combination. I've been angry today. I was shaking for about an hour Thursday night. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 08-31-2018 07:38 AM

I think fear is turned into anger for you.
Change is hard but inevitable.
Try to calm yourself today.
((((((HUGS)))))
bizi
keep posting if this helps you feel not so alone.

Brokenfriend 08-31-2018 11:19 PM

I always try to calm myself. I never want to be upset. It just happens. With what I've been told recently, it would upset anyone. I was depressed today. Very depressed. BF:hug::hug::hug:

ger715 08-31-2018 11:57 PM

BF,
Some time back; I was dealing with many issues including a loss of someone very dear. My daughter said to me; "Give It All To God; then... Let Go.....Let God.

Meaning letting go as best you can of the fears that are so difficult to deal with. I needed to Let God take over. Give it all to Him.

BF,
Breathe some deep breaths and then inhale in and out quietly. I know you read Scriptures. You have many favorites. Let your mind absorb and think of what the meaning is saying to you. Remember, you are never alone.

You are very dear and will remain in my prayers....

Gerry

bizi 09-01-2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1267107)
I always try to calm myself. I never want to be upset. It just happens. With what I've been told recently, it would upset anyone. I was depressed today. Very depressed. BF:hug::hug::hug:

I am sorry if I upset you.
I did not mean to. YOu have been under a great amount of stress, with your kidneys and such.
To have this happen to you ...must be awful.
I am sorry that you are in this predicament.
I would be a mess.
bizi

Kitty 09-01-2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 1267070)
Friend

I think I'd remind the case manager, to remind your former case manager
that Hippa is in effect. That he isn't allowed to share any information with
anyone about you. That its against the law.

I think I'd also be asking how this former case manager got that information
also. Because it shouldn't be something they have either if not on your
case now.

Brokenfriend :hug:

I am so sorry that you're having to deal with this as well as your current health problems.

Donna brought up some very good and valid points. What your former case manager did was illegal. And you have rights.

I'm not sure if you have an attorney but you can call Legal Aid in your state/county to speak with someone who can help you. Here is a link to help you find what's available to you. Cost is based on ability to pay so you may qualify for free services. If you click on the "contact us" button it will take you to a page where you can share your contact information and also describe your situation/problem.

legalaidlegalservices.org

I know this may seem daunting and overwhelming but just finding a venue that can truly help you can make all the difference. Things can and will get better. Sometimes you just have to know where to look and know what your rights are.

Praying for you. :hug:

OhKay 09-01-2018 12:50 PM

Dear BF,

You have every right to be angry. You are right when you say that ANYONE in your situation would be experiencing the same feelings that you are now... fear, anger, anxiety, and a sense of abandonment are normal reactions to everything that's hanging over your head. I'm so very sorry that you have to deal with all of this. You deserve to be treated so much better :hug::hug::hug:

You are a kind and sensitive man, and I know that you don't want to be upset (or upset anyone else), but you are being treated badly, and I think that you should allow yourself to experience the emotions you are having to a certain degree. It's unhealthy to bottle everything up, but I think that it's also important that you take steps to control your anxiety right now, too :hug::hug::hug:

I'm happy that you find so much comfort from your relationship with God, and that you feel comfortable reaching out to us. We will always be here for you :hug:

By law, anyone can tell your case manager, therapist, etc anything they want to, BUT those providers are not allowed to provide ANY information about you AT ALL back unless you have signed a release...
That can be useful IF your providers are adhering to the law, because they can get information about what your BIL's intentions are, and relay that to you, but he doesn't get anywhere by trying to find anything out about you.

Dmom3005 09-02-2018 01:06 PM

Kay is right.

But I don't believe an old case manager has the right to give this
information any more. Even if they had the right at one time.

You have to resign this paperwork with the new people when they
are put with your case. And the old people have no rights any more.

Brokenfriend 09-03-2018 08:12 PM

Very depressed. Reminds me of when it started back in the late 60s, early 70s. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 09-04-2018 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1267068)

I don't know how he got permission to talk to my former case manager. My new case manager found the information. He wants me to move out, and there's nothing that I can do about it. I'm having kidney problems on top of all of this. My niece said he wanted to move me out when he found this out. I think that it's all about the money, and hearts have cooled off about me in the family.

It appears that your former case manager broke the law.:mad:

Is that true?

M

OhKay 09-04-2018 08:27 AM

Do you know if your old case manager provided your BIL with ANY information about you? Because that is the point of contention...

Dmom3005 09-04-2018 10:00 AM

Friend,

I would be asking your present case manager. Why your old case manager was talking to your brother in law? And how he had access to your present information. Because he honestly shouldn't have had. Unless you gave him
permission to have. Derrick has a case manager, probably not exactly the same. But he also has a past case manager. When I switched his case manager, I took all rights from the old one away to see his records. But in the case of his records, the state also would have taken them away. Because even though they work for the same company the records are seen only by the people presently assigned to his case.
1. He has a present behavior therapist, a past behavior therapist.
2. He has present provider, Past providers.
3. Company assigned as his company to give his services. Past one.
And as off very soon, he will be moving companies. So when he moves, only
the new one and if I chose to let anyone else know how many hours he has will know.

So the example is only those who are serving Derrick at present know what his services are. Or what his Disabilities, doctors, or possible illnesses. Case in point on this, he started seeing a Gastronoligist for things in his blood work, after moving companies and case managers, the old have no clue about this. Its something that could at some point be important.

Brokenfriend 09-04-2018 02:23 PM

It's possible that my new case manager made a mistake the way she worded what my older case manager said. It's possible, and probably that she didn't say anything at all to my bol. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 09-05-2018 10:52 PM

I'm going to have to move out of here. I have a number of months. I have knee problems. Big problems.

I hope that HUD can help me. Did I spell it right?

I'm depressed, and feel a little shattered inside. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 09-05-2018 11:42 PM

yes your case manager will help you with all of that.
I am sorry that you have to move.
((((HUGS))))
bizi:hug:

Mari 09-06-2018 04:58 AM

Friend,

HUD = Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Your case manager is going to help you with this stuff.
:heartthrob:
Keep trust.

M

OhKay 09-06-2018 09:34 AM

Your case manager should be able to find someone to help you move your stuff...

However, it is your BIL's fault you have to move, so he should have to pay for the helpers to pack and move your things. I don't know who would be best to relay that to him? Possibly your niece if you word it correctly?

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you, my friend :hug::hug::hug:

Dmom3005 09-06-2018 03:36 PM

The other thing is if HUD can't get you housing as soon as
you need. Your BIL probably should be held responsible
for the difference in the rent amount from your present to
your new amount.

And the moving cost and all. Because its his fault you are being
made to leave.

Brokenfriend 09-07-2018 12:19 AM

I can hardly stand this future situation. I'm going to be away from the family. I'm being basically abandoned.

My case manager has written me some emails that Have Not Helped!!!

Am I going to lose my cat on top of everything else? I am hurting so bad. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 09-07-2018 12:46 AM

Dear Friend,

In ways that are not apparent at the moment, this is going to work out for you.

Be gentle and patient with yourself as best as you can.

M

Dmom3005 09-07-2018 09:40 AM

Friend

You can stipulate to your case manager or whoever is going to
help you find a new place. That your cat is not negotiable.

That he is your emotional therapy pet. And that he must be
accepted in your new place. They then need to find you an
place that will accept him.

I'm honestly not sure about a emotional therapy pet, but I would
ask your pdoc I think is what everyone calls them. To write you
an letter that your cat is this for you. And that he must be part
of your living arrangement.

THis hopefully would make it necessary for them to find a placement
that would let you have him then.

OhKay 09-08-2018 10:52 AM

I think you will find that there will be more than one option out there for you if you have to move.
They should be able to help find you a place where you can live where you can take your kitty :hug::hug::hug:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, BF. But I'm glad that you can advocate for yourself, and you have the support of your case manager to help you through this. If she runs into problems, I'm sure she has her own support system in her office that will help her help you. You will not be thrown to the wolves :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 09-08-2018 03:44 PM

you will find a place to live, you will NOT be homeless or abandoned.
This will work out for you and you will have help navigating your way to the future.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 09-10-2018 01:14 AM

At the end of last week, my case manager found a room and a bathroom with a shared kitchen, and living room.((But)) what about all my stuff, and my cat. The county is one that I've never lived in, and/or know anything about except that it has a Walmart.

I found out that my new case manager that I thought was so good has a cold streak in her. She is definitely not a mental health counsellor. She's bossy. She tries to make my decisions, and steps over the line. I've never had a case manager like her. She's good with forms.

I have till June the 1st. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 09-10-2018 01:57 AM

Hugs for you.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

M

bizi 09-10-2018 08:12 AM

hugs for you this morning.

I am sorry that this is happening to you.
((((HUGS)))))
bizi:grouphug:

Dmom3005 09-10-2018 10:50 AM

Ugh, I'd tell her what the minimum room you need is.

If she isn't going to work then I'd ask for someone else
to help look for the place.