NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   LDN - Finally! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/252323-ldn-finally.html)

Kitty 09-21-2018 08:56 AM

LDN - Finally!

My new Neurologist gave me a prescription for LDN!! I could hardly believe it!

I wanted to give him a big hug but didn't want to scare him! LOL!

I had taken LDN for a long while several years ago but had to stop when I had surgery. The doctor I was getting it through retired while I was off of it so I never went back on it. It's hard to find a neurologist that will prescribe it.

I've been on a 3.0 mg dose now for about a week and i'm beginning to see and feel the difference again. I was on a 4.5 mg dosage when I stopped taking it before and feel like I could probably bump up to that again. I'm not sure what the max dosage is for LDN but 4.5 was what I was taking when I stopped before. I'm just excited to be back on it again.

kiwi33 09-21-2018 06:03 PM

I hope that LDN continues to work well for you :).

Jappy 09-30-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 1267889)
My new Neurologist gave me a prescription for LDN!! I could hardly believe it!

I wanted to give him a big hug but didn't want to scare him! LOL!

I had taken LDN for a long while several years ago but had to stop when I had surgery. The doctor I was getting it through retired while I was off of it so I never went back on it. It's hard to find a neurologist that will prescribe it.

I've been on a 3.0 mg dose now for about a week and i'm beginning to see and feel the difference again. I was on a 4.5 mg dosage when I stopped taking it before and feel like I could probably bump up to that again. I'm not sure what the max dosage is for LDN but 4.5 was what I was taking when I stopped before. I'm just excited to be back on it again.

Wish I could get my neuro to subscribe it for me. The dr. I had before did now this one is xxxxxx!!! He put me on 5 different meds, had terrible side effects, but he still won't give in.

Kitty 09-30-2018 09:51 PM

Jappy, there are mail order places that will mail it to you. They have a list of doctors that you'd just have to have a phone consults with. Let me see if I can find the listing.

Schedule an Appointment - LDN Doctor

Jappy 10-01-2018 07:17 PM

Kitty I looked up the doctors on the site you gave, and the cost to just talk to the dr. is very high and that does not include the cost for LDN.

I just hope I can find a new neuro that will give me the script.

Thanks for your help.

Kitty 10-02-2018 06:53 AM

I now, Jappy.......they make it nearly impossible to afford it. Finding a doctor who will prescribe it is the key. I was shocked that my Neuro agreed to prescribe it! He is a new doctor to me and I just mentioned that I had good success with LDN several years ago and he said "well, let's give it another try". I thought I had heard him wrong until he gave me a prescription!! I found a compounding pharmacy somewhat nearby and the script is $50 a month. Sort of expensive but I want to give it another chance.

I hope you can find a doctor that will prescribe it for you. Why does everything have to be such a struggle? It won't hurt these doctors to prescribe it.

Jappy 10-02-2018 07:04 PM

I wish some of these drs. could be in our shoes!!!

Kitty 10-03-2018 04:06 AM

Me, too. They think they know everything.