NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Autoimmune Diseases (https://www.neurotalk.org/autoimmune-diseases/)
-   -   I am starting IVIG tomorrow (https://www.neurotalk.org/autoimmune-diseases/252371-am-starting-ivig-tomorrow.html)

6thCranialNerve 09-28-2018 11:25 AM

I am starting IVIG tomorrow

I was dx with Multiple Myeloma in 2013. I took chemo and then had a SCT in 2015. I am cancer free. :D

In Jan. of 2018 I developed to diplopia. It took months to find a neurologist who would order and do the gold standard test. SNF-EMG. I started and failed with Mestinon. I had breakthrough diplopia. I started on Cellcept and have finally jumped through the hoops to be getting IVIG.

Here is the background story. I am an infusion nurse. CNRIŽ I have give about 100,000 Grams of IVIG over 13yrs. I am so looking forward to getting this miracle drug as I've seen it change lives.

I've suffered since my SCT and have asked for IVIG from my Oncologist; but they do not use it. I wonder if my low IG levels had been looked at seriously and I had just been given a loading dose back then and brought my levels up, I would not have come down with this.

At this point, I am just massively thankful I am getting the drug I've known I needed!

ger715 10-02-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thCranialNerve (Post 1268168)
I was dx with Multiple Myeloma in 2013. I took chemo and then had a SCT in 2015. I am cancer free. :D

In Jan. of 2018 I developed to diplopia. It took months to find a neurologist who would order and do the gold standard test. SNF-EMG. I started and failed with Mestinon. I had breakthrough diplopia. I started on Cellcept and have finally jumped through the hoops to be getting IVIG.

Here is the background story. I am an infusion nurse. CNRIŽ I have give about 100,000 Grams of IVIG over 13yrs. I am so looking forward to getting this miracle drug as I've seen it change lives.

I've suffered since my SCT and have asked for IVIG from my Oncologist; but they do not use it. I wonder if my low IG levels had been looked at seriously and I had just been given a loading dose back then and brought my levels up, I would not have come down with this.

At this point, I am just massively thankful I am getting the drug I've known I needed!

Please keep in touch. Anxious to learn how you are coming along.:hug:

Gerry

6thCranialNerve 10-07-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ger715 (Post 1268257)
Please keep in touch. Anxious to learn how you are coming along.:hug:

Gerry

I had two days infusion. 1GM/Kg/day. I think I depleted my potassium because I drank a lot of H20 the day before and had stomach pains. I think I had a stomach virus before the infusion because I am still feeling it a week later. No headaches.

My vision has not improved; but seems to be worse. Not so much abdominal pain; but loose stool. I feel weak like after my Stem Cell TP.

Anyway, I guess I should look at the long picture.

Thanks Gerry! :hug:

ger715 10-08-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thCranialNerve (Post 1268419)
I had two days infusion. 1GM/Kg/day. I think I depleted my potassium because I drank a lot of H20 the day before and had stomach pains. I think I had a stomach virus before the infusion because I am still feeling it a week later. No headaches.

My vision has not improved; but seems to be worse. Not so much abdominal pain; but loose stool. I feel weak like after my Stem Cell TP.

Anyway, I guess I should look at the long picture.
um
Thanks Gerry! :hug:

Becausing I take meds that lessen my Potassium, I am taking a prescription for Potassium meds daily.. Are you taking any extra Potassium? Hopefully you will be seeing some positive effects soon.:hug:

Gerry

6thCranialNerve 10-08-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ger715 (Post 1268433)
Becausing I take meds that lessen my Potassium, I am taking a prescription for Potassium meds daily.. Are you taking any extra Potassium? Hopefully you will be seeing some positive effects soon.:hug:

Gerry

I started Calcium & Potassium among others. Thanks for the input!!!