NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   pcs--side effects-- (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/252453-pcs-effects.html)

Sledhockey24 10-12-2018 01:53 PM

pcs--side effects--

so many side effects--

1 .i felt like i cant turn off my mind or thoughts-- had to sleep with the tv on.
2. brushing my teeth- sound funny but the shaking killed me.
3. bumps driving in the car.
4. my last concussion- i could not be touched or even hugged. ( example- someone padded my shoulder in church- the guy had no idea- i went home puking)
5. anger- wondering when this is going to get better. or things start to get better and another set back.
6. sudden movements- just playing with my dog-or hey quick, look at this.
7. straining too hard taking a ****. ( get light headed)
8. weather change-- when a low pressure rain storm rolls through.
9. headaches are either pressure, or feels like a hot needle is in a certain area of the brain.
10. trying to listen to multiple conversation.

i did have 5 concussions in a 15 month time period, i never let the 1st one heal up correctly. the last one was over a year ago-- and still having issues.

kiwi33 10-12-2018 05:08 PM

Hi Sledhockey24

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

Other members should be able to help you (I know very little about TBI/PCS).

Best wishes.

Sledhockey24 10-16-2018 11:43 AM

just really venting, im not looking for answers,

more frustrating then anything. ive battled with sci injury for 23 years, and now this concussion for 2 years now. if this is the way it truly is with pcs, i can handle or prepare myself to deal if it is.

but when these symptoms come about- it feels like someone hits the reset button-and takes a few days to reboot and feel normal again.

i also have some neck injury or stiffness, before and after this concussion injury- i know the neck acts as a spring for the head to absorb some of the movements. is this causing of my sensitivity issue.?

rgthree 10-16-2018 07:11 PM

Don't overlook the neck injury. My son was having similar symptoms to yours and one of our first big breakthroughs was getting his neck treated. Some things we did to turn the corner:
Chiropractor - 'Atlas Orthogonal'
Physical Therapy for balance
Eye therapy for sensory issues
MCT oil and butter in coffee

Supplements: fish oil (higer in DHA), MCT Oil, High Absorption Turmeric. All of these help with neuro-inflammation.

The brain is 60% fat. Fat is good fuel for your brain and helps put out the inflammation fire.

Good luck

Sledhockey24 10-17-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgthree (Post 1268739)
Don't overlook the neck injury. My son was having similar symptoms to yours and one of our first big breakthroughs was getting his neck treated. Some things we did to turn the corner:
Chiropractor - 'Atlas Orthogonal'
Physical Therapy for balance
Eye therapy for sensory issues
MCT oil and butter in coffee

Supplements: fish oil (higer in DHA), MCT Oil, High Absorption Turmeric. All of these help with neuro-inflammation.

The brain is 60% fat. Fat is good fuel for your brain and helps put out the inflammation fire.

Good luck

thank you...

rgthree 10-19-2018 03:48 PM

We also did a procedure called Dry Needling that was difficult, but did help relax the shoulders and neck. Think acupuncture with electrical current attached.