NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Dizziness (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/252490-dizziness.html)

KarenMarie 10-18-2018 12:31 PM

Dizziness

Anyone experience dizziness ?? get put in bed and the room and husband whirl around and when I got up this morning - the same thing happened - don't know whether to see family physician - neuro or eye ear nose and throat - or have cataract removed ?????

Kitty 10-19-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenMarie (Post 1268801)
Anyone experience dizziness ?? get put in bed and the room and husband whirl around and when I got up this morning - the same thing happened - don't know whether to see family physician - neuro or eye ear nose and throat - or have cataract removed ?????

Sounds like vertigo. I'd start with the Neuro and see what he says.

kicker 10-20-2018 12:19 PM

Vertigo was my first thought.

KarenMarie 10-21-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 1268858)
Vertigo was my first thought.

indeed MD said vertigo - I can't do any of the exercises to move crystals but was did get proscription for motion sickness - still have dizziness lying down and getting up

KarenMarie 10-21-2018 10:22 PM

I was not asking for medical advice - assumed that if someone had the same problem we could talk

ktandkt1 11-03-2018 06:59 PM

Karen,
I get the same thing when I move to fast. It also happens when getting up. I have had it sitting on the couch.

When it happens I close my eyes. I find it will go away faster if I do it as soon as I feel it. I also found that standing in the corner of a room help me know I am save. I will not move until I feel better. Most of the time it stops with in 5 minutes.

I hope what helps me will help you. As always we are all different in MS. Also not all of our problems are MS. I hate to say that as I hate MS and what it has done to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JustDomUK 02-05-2019 06:12 PM

I get it in the mornings. When I sit up in bed. I also have tinnitus with it, like someone has switched on a badly tuned radio. I find keeping my eyes open helps me. I need to see the horizon to know which way is up lol. Worst time I had it was just before I went to sleep a couple of nights ago. Looked at my wife and suddenly she and the room tilted badly. Get a bit nauseous with it. Scariest thing I’ve experienced so far. They say other senses help compensate hence looking at the horizon. How often are you getting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiwi33 02-06-2019 02:57 AM

Hi JustDomUK

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

I am sure that members who live with MS will be able to offer you support and good ideas.

Best wishes.