NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Hello Everybody. Got the dreaded 3 years review. Couple of questions (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/252493-hello-dreaded-3-review-couple-questions.html)

Bobby17 10-20-2018 02:17 AM

Hello Everybody. Got the dreaded 3 years review. Couple of questions

well i got the 3 year review again like clock work. am 56 and have been on it since 2001. think they would move to a 5 or 7 year one, nope.

Got a couple of quick questions

1. in 2014 my profile score was L / 0024 now in 2018 its L / 0129. even thou i know its a low score, how does it go up 105 spots for no reason. Do these just pull these numbers out of the air or are we being screwed with?

2. my neck and back have gotten worse over the years and a mri in sept 2018 proved that. So on my condition, i want to check worse because its the truth, but am afraid to check it, thinking that will trigger them to send me the long form. Its gonna make me just check same because of fear, loll. Am not looking to cheat on the form, i just want to try and put down the right answers that wont spit my form out.

3. for reasons for visit, is it okay to put down MRI NECK / BACK ?

For my sept visit to my surgeon, do i just write down neck / back or do write down 7240 Disorders of Back (Discogenic and Degenerative)

for my pain management doctor visit, do i just write down pain management.

I know i will probably be alright with this review and even thou i have great doctors who would help me if i needed the help for any problems with the reviews, its still very stressful and causes alot of tossing and turning nights.

between psa problems, kidney problems, diabetes, heart problems, ptsd, depression, neck / back problems now i have to stress over this, lolll. Its never ending for all of us.
Maybe i will win the mega millions tonight and that would at least take the stress off the money end, lollllllll

Thanks for any help
Bobby

echoes long ago 10-20-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1268844)
well i got the 3 year review again like clock work. am 56 and have been on it since 2001. think they would move to a 5 or 7 year one, nope.

Got a couple of quick questions

1. in 2014 my profile score was L / 0024 now in 2018 its L / 0129. even thou i know its a low score, how does it go up 105 spots for no reason. Do these just pull these numbers out of the air or are we being screwed with?

2. my neck and back have gotten worse over the years and a mri in sept 2018 proved that. So on my condition, i want to check worse because its the truth, but am afraid to check it, thinking that will trigger them to send me the long form. Its gonna make me just check same because of fear, loll. Am not looking to cheat on the form, i just want to try and put down the right answers that wont spit my form out.

3. for reasons for visit, is it okay to put down MRI NECK / BACK ?

For my sept visit to my surgeon, do i just write down neck / back or do write down 7240 Disorders of Back (Discogenic and Degenerative)

for my pain management doctor visit, do i just write down pain management.

I know i will probably be alright with this review and even thou i have great doctors who would help me if i needed the help for any problems with the reviews, its still very stressful and causes alot of tossing and turning nights.

between psa problems, kidney problems, diabetes, heart problems, ptsd, depression, neck / back problems now i have to stress over this, lolll. Its never ending for all of us.
Maybe i will win the mega millions tonight and that would at least take the stress off the money end, lollllllll

Thanks for any help
Bobby

if your back and neck are worse put worse. that wont trigger a review.....actually same might trigger a review ironically.

for reason for visit just put the condition that you are receiving ssdi for. dont put the numbers just the name.

as to why your numbers went up who knows.....

as far as pain management goes, it is pain management to treat the disorder, again just put the disorder of back neck whatever you were approved for as a eason for the visit.

Bobby17 10-20-2018 03:58 PM

Hello Echoes, Thank you for the answers. How have you been? How is your health treating you these days? You still in PA?

my last 3 doctor visits have been
1. ortho surgeon for checkup
2. updated MRI for neck and back
3. pain management for neck and back

This is how i was gonna write them out
1. surgeon neck -back
2. MRI neck - back
3. pain management neck -back

so should i write it this way

1. surgeon disorders of the back
2. MRI disorders of the back
3. pain management disorders of the neck back

Thank you for the help and i hope you are doing well as can be
Bobby

echoes long ago 10-20-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1268866)
Hello Echoes, Thank you for the answers. How have you been? How is your health treating you these days? You still in PA?

my last 3 doctor visits have been
1. ortho surgeon for checkup
2. updated MRI for neck and back
3. pain management for neck and back

This is how i was gonna write them out
1. surgeon neck -back
2. MRI neck - back
3. pain management neck -back

so should i write it this way

1. surgeon disorders of the back
2. MRI disorders of the back
3. pain management disorders of the neck back

Thank you for the help and i hope you are doing well as can be
Bobby

just put disorders of the back....anything else and someone will have to read it and it will get kicked out.

ah...health isnt doing too good these days...on top of everything else i also now have wtc related sarcoidosis.

Bobby17 10-20-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1268872)
just put disorders of the back....anything else and someone will have to read it and it will get kicked out.

ah...health isnt doing too good these days...on top of everything else i also now have wtc related sarcoidosis.

Damn Echoes that sucks bigtime. Are you taking steroids and other immune meds to help? All of you that worked at the WTC are not getting the treatments and cash settlements you deserve. Just not right. We do our jobs and then they want to kick you to the curb when you get hurt. I get upset when i hear stories of my fellow first responders getting shafted. I hope this condition improves for you.
Bobby

p.s. Echoes how do i fill out "disorders of the back" on the form too many letters
Thanks

echoes long ago 10-20-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1268875)
Damn Echoes that sucks bigtime. Are you taking steroids and other immune meds to help? All of you that worked at the WTC are not getting the treatments and cash settlements you deserve. Just not right. We do our jobs and then they want to kick you to the curb when you get hurt. I get upset when i hear stories of my fellow first responders getting shafted. I hope this condition improves for you.
Bobby

p.s. Echoes how do i fill out "disorders of the back" on the form too many letters
Thanks

just write whatever fits in the boxes ....how much do you get in? drop the the to get back in if you have to.

Bobby17 10-21-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1268876)
just write whatever fits in the boxes ....how much do you get in? drop the the to get back in if you have to.

only 16 boxes, so all i get in is "disorders of" Gonna have to figure out how to do this.

One last question. I got the form on october 13th. Havent filled it out yet, cause i want to use my pain management visit on this coming tuesday the 23rd as one of my doctors visits. On the form it says from october 2016 to the present. Do they mean from october 2016 to the date of october 13 2018 that is at the top of the form for doctors visits.

Or do they mean from october 2016 until i send in the form. I have other doctor visits i can still use, just wanted to use the most recent.

Thanks for all your help once again. You have helped me so many times
Bobby

echoes long ago 10-21-2018 01:05 PM

use the time period up until the date at the top of the form to be sure. that way you are sure all three visits fit their parameters for the time period. why take a chance if you already have three visits in the time period.

maybe disorders back

Bobby17 10-26-2018 01:01 AM

Hey Echoes,
Do you send your cdr form back via certified mail or just send it regular mail?
This form is now in my head and driving me crazy,lollll. Now am worried about the form getting there and if not sending it out sooner then 14 days matters.

Are you enjoying the fall weather and getting ready for the holidays? It seems like you blink and its already Christmas time again. Luke Bryans song called fast, has the words 60 seconds now feels like 30. Sure does.

Thanks
Bobby

echoes long ago 10-26-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1269074)
Hey Echoes,
Do you send your cdr form back via certified mail or just send it regular mail?
This form is now in my head and driving me crazy,lollll. Now am worried about the form getting there and if not sending it out sooner then 14 days matters.

Are you enjoying the fall weather and getting ready for the holidays? It seems like you blink and its already Christmas time again. Luke Bryans song called fast, has the words 60 seconds now feels like 30. Sure does.

Thanks
Bobby

i make a copy and just send in the original in regular mail. if they dont get it after a while they notify you that you have not sent it in. just finish it and mail it.....no need to create a reason for a full review by not sending it in on time. you already have all your information to fill it out.

im not ready for any holidays yet and not looking forward to winter at all. we are supposed to have a northeaster tomorrow. ugh!

Bobby17 10-26-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1269089)
i make a copy and just send in the original in regular mail. if they dont get it after a while they notify you that you have not sent it in. just finish it and mail it.....no need to create a reason for a full review by not sending it in on time. you already have all your information to fill it out.

im not ready for any holidays yet and not looking forward to winter at all. we are supposed to have a northeaster tomorrow. ugh!

Northeaster already, that sucks. Where you located at? Yeah i hate winter myself. Just more pains in neck and back. Stay warm

Am gonna mail it today regular mail. Today is day 14. I over think this stuff, when no need to. All last night i kept saying why didnt i send it out 13 days ago and then start thinking will they say "hey what took so long for this guy to fill out this simple form, lets review him" Mind just messing with me. I have been on it since 2001, have low score and low profile so i shouldnt be worrying.

Bobby17 11-24-2018 01:29 AM

Echoes, where is everybody? Nobody has posted since october.
Did you have a good Thanksgiving?
Bobby

echoes long ago 11-24-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1269942)
Echoes, where is everybody? Nobody has posted since october.
Did you have a good Thanksgiving?
Bobby

quiet, just immediate family. how was yours?
how old are you ? i was reading the other day that its very unusual to get a cdr after 60 and the oldest anyone has heard of was 62. of course nothing is guaranteed but this appears to be the case.

davOD 11-25-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1269957)
i was reading the other day that its very unusual to get a cdr after 60 and the oldest anyone has heard of was 62. of course nothing is guaranteed but this appears to be the case.

I will expect that 62 number to rise?....I am 55 now, and due to many changes in the 80s to SS, my real retirement age would be 67....So just to jump through the hoops It wouldnt suprise me one bit that it wont go higher. IMHO

echoes long ago 11-25-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1269964)
I will expect that 62 number to rise?....I am 55 now, and due to many changes in the 80s to SS, my real retirement age would be 67....So just to jump through the hoops It wouldnt suprise me one bit that it wont go higher. IMHO

there are many factors involved. the retirement age went up for everybody born after 1939. if that were a big factor it would have started to come into play four years ago and doesnt seem to have. as you get older it is harder for you to be able to re enter the work force, because your skills are outdated, because you have other limiting factors. because employers dont want to hire older workers, especially those who will raise their health insurance rates. keep in mind that you can still retire early at 62, so it is a diminishing return for them to waste their resources on cdr's for those people that age and up.

i only recently became aware that if you are on SSI not SSDI that you have to apply for early retirement at age 62. If people on SSI have an early retirement amount that is less than maximum ssi, then they still get some ssi to make up the difference if they are still disabled. this may be why some people are getting cdr's at 61-62 to see if they are still disabled for ssi. I dont really know. im just guessing about that part.

Bobby17 01-31-2019 01:59 AM

Hello Echoes,
well i finally got my cdr approval letter. 3 1/2 months. Been on ssd since 2001 and still get 3 year reviews. Am 56 right now and will be 59 by next review. I hope you are right about the no reviews after 60. After 18 years do they really think my health could have gotten better since they first approved me, lolllll. Even a person that doesnt have a disability more then likely isnt gonna be as healthy 18 years later in life.

Hows your weather? Its 1 degree outside, with a windchill of about 25 below. Time to move somewhere warm, but have always been afraid it will trigger another review. Hell i didnt even want to move locally because of that fear. Am sure theres nothing to worry about, but i get something like that in my head and i cant get it out, lolllll

Stay warm and safe
Bobby

davOD 01-31-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1271896)

Hows your weather? Its 1 degree outside, with a windchill of about 25 below. Time to move somewhere warm, but have always been afraid it will trigger another review. Hell i didnt even want to move locally because of that fear. Am sure theres nothing to worry about, but i get something like that in my head and i cant get it out, lolllll

Stay warm and safe
Bobby

I moved to a warmer climate myself....10 years ago from Chicago to Northern Arizona.....It took years for a review and I have since moved to another city in northern AZ. The only thing that changed was the SS office I need to deal with.....First was Prescott, then Flagstaff.
Not just the warmer weather helps, but mostly sunny has been a huge help with depression for me!....If moving somewhere warm will make you happy, just do it, and enjoy life the best you can!

echoes long ago 01-31-2019 12:38 PM

its was 3 here when i woke up. if you read their own rules we both should be on a MINE diary 5-7 years for review as opposed to the MIP diary of 3 years.

Procedure - MINE Criteria
Set the MINE diary when any criterion in the 3 MINE categories below is met.

1. Age 54 1/2 or older at MIE or MIP diary maturity
a. General
For individuals of advanced age, generally set a MINE diary. This category includes individuals whose MIE or MIP diaries will mature at age 54 1/2 or older. These individuals are currently:

age 51 1/2 or older if a MIE criterion does not apply, and

between ages 51 1/2 and 54 if a MIE criterion does apply.

b. Exceptions
Set the vocational diary, or the MIE or MIP diary to mature up to age 59 1/2 for individuals whose case facts indicate that recovery or remission is almost certain (e.g., recent or scheduled surgery which will resolve the impairment; current significant, sustained, and progressive improvement which will almost certainly result in full recovery). Examples include certain cases involving:

cancer (see DI 26525.010), lymphoma, or leukemia (DI 26525.030C).

NOTE: In cancer cases, set a MINE diary only when the case facts indicate there is no possibility of remission.

fractures, sprains, or dislocations

title XVI statutory blindness which is expected to no longer meet the statutory blindness definition set the MIE diary to mature up to age 64 1/2 in these cases only.

2. Under age 54 1/2 at MIP diary maturity
a. General
For individuals who will be under age 54 1/2 when a MIP diary would mature (i.e., the individual is currently under age 51 1/2), set a MINE diary when the case has the following characteristics:

meets or equals a listing cited below.

is allowed on a meets, equals, medical-vocational, or functional equals basis and meets the specified impairment, age, and/or onset criteria. (The specified age refers to age at the time of the current determination.)

Bobby17 01-31-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1271911)
its was 3 here when i woke up. if you read their own rules we both should be on a MINE diary 5-7 years for review as opposed to the MIP diary of 3 years.

Procedure - MINE Criteria
Set the MINE diary when any criterion in the 3 MINE categories below is met.

1. Age 54 1/2 or older at MIE or MIP diary maturity
a. General
For individuals of advanced age, generally set a MINE diary. This category includes individuals whose MIE or MIP diaries will mature at age 54 1/2 or older. These individuals are currently:

age 51 1/2 or older if a MIE criterion does not apply, and

between ages 51 1/2 and 54 if a MIE criterion does apply.

b. Exceptions
Set the vocational diary, or the MIE or MIP diary to mature up to age 59 1/2 for individuals whose case facts indicate that recovery or remission is almost certain (e.g., recent or scheduled surgery which will resolve the impairment; current significant, sustained, and progressive improvement which will almost certainly result in full recovery). Examples include certain cases involving:

cancer (see DI 26525.010), lymphoma, or leukemia (DI 26525.030C).

NOTE: In cancer cases, set a MINE diary only when the case facts indicate there is no possibility of remission.

fractures, sprains, or dislocations

title XVI statutory blindness which is expected to no longer meet the statutory blindness definition set the MIE diary to mature up to age 64 1/2 in these cases only.

2. Under age 54 1/2 at MIP diary maturity
a. General
For individuals who will be under age 54 1/2 when a MIP diary would mature (i.e., the individual is currently under age 51 1/2), set a MINE diary when the case has the following characteristics:

meets or equals a listing cited below.

is allowed on a meets, equals, medical-vocational, or functional equals basis and meets the specified impairment, age, and/or onset criteria. (The specified age refers to age at the time of the current determination.)

Thats insane and am even listed as an L with a 0129 profile score. Glad i have a great doctor and updated mri's that show my neck and back are worse. I guess if they want to waste their time and money on me, so be it

echoes long ago 02-01-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1271923)
Thats insane and am even listed as an L with a 0129 profile score. Glad i have a great doctor and updated mri's that show my neck and back are worse. I guess if they want to waste their time and money on me, so be it

it would be nice if they followed their own rules like we are expected to

Bobby17 02-01-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1271947)
it would be nice if they followed their own rules like we are expected to

That sure would be great, if they played by the same rules. But its the govt and they get to make them up as they go to suit them,lolll.
Lets see am 11 years away from regular SS, so after being on SSD for 19 years, they want to say am better and can work, lollllllllllll. They are wasting their time and money on people like Us.

echoes long ago 02-02-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1271962)
That sure would be great, if they played by the same rules. But its the govt and they get to make them up as they go to suit them,lolll.
Lets see am 11 years away from regular SS, so after being on SSD for 19 years, they want to say am better and can work, lollllllllllll. They are wasting their time and money on people like Us.

im 4.5 years away

Bobby17 02-02-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1271979)
im 4.5 years away

and they are still sending you reviews? Thats insanity

echoes long ago 02-02-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1271987)
and they are still sending you reviews? Thats insanity

i was due for one in June 2018, after 3 years since the last one, but it hasnt come yet.

Bobby17 02-03-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1271992)
i was due for one in June 2018, after 3 years since the last one, but it hasnt come yet.

Well thats a good sign. Maybe they are finally done reviewing you. Lets keep the fingers crossed

Dmom3005 06-30-2019 07:36 PM

I read this all the way through. Just wanted to tell you both thank
you I learned a lot.

I help one of my son's who has mental health issues with his
SSDI, and the other son who has SSI, and SSDI. WHo also works.
And has an intellectual disability so your thoughts here to each
other were very informative.

I really enjoyed reading the post. Hope you don't mind my joining.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

echoes long ago 06-30-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 1277125)
I read this all the way through. Just wanted to tell you both thank
you I learned a lot.

I help one of my son's who has mental health issues with his
SSDI, and the other son who has SSI, and SSDI. WHo also works.
And has an intellectual disability so your thoughts here to each
other were very informative.

I really enjoyed reading the post. Hope you don't mind my joining.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

by all means!

Chris184 02-14-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby17 (Post 1271896)
Hello Echoes,
well i finally got my cdr approval letter. 3 1/2 months. Been on ssd since 2001 and still get 3 year reviews. Am 56 right now and will be 59 by next review. I hope you are right about the no reviews after 60. After 18 years do they really think my health could have gotten better since they first approved me, lolllll. Even a person that doesnt have a disability more then likely isnt gonna be as healthy 18 years later in life.

Stay warm and safe
Bobby

Hi Bobby!

That’s awesome that you got your approval!

I have the same diagnosis as you do (disorders of the back). I just received my short form. Not sure what wording to use for question 5b. I see my doc for checkups on my neck and back and for rx refill.

What wording did you end up using?

Thanks for your help!
Chris

echoes long ago 02-14-2020 03:34 PM

for reason for visit just put the illness or condition you were approved with for ssdi. if you had multiple conditions for approval put those for one of the visits .

Chris184 02-14-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1283568)
for reason for visit just put the illness or condition you were approved with for ssdi. if you had multiple conditions for approval put those for one of the visits .

Thank you for the response, Echo!

If I were to put “disorders of the back” it would not fit.

Do you think putting the following would be ok?

“bad back pain rx“

Is it good that they know I get my rx from doc at each visit?

Also, my letter has the date February 7, 2020. I had an appointment with a doc February 11, 2020. Should I list that as my most recent?

Or should I list the appointment prior to February 7? Which would be 12/19

echoes long ago 02-14-2020 09:41 PM

you should be listing 3 visits, and no i would not put the visit after the date on the cdr. you have the previous two years to choose from for visits.

what was the disorder of the back you were approved for?......that is what i would put down. if it doesnt all fit just put what fits in the boxes and stop.