NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Going to Start Ocrevus (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/252576-start-ocrevus.html)

Kitty 11-07-2018 07:32 PM

Going to Start Ocrevus

I had an appt with my new Neuro on 11/6 and spoke to him about starting Ocrevus. He said that sounded good as I have tried just about all the MS meds and have had an issue with all of them.

He said that I would have to go to the Shepherd Center for my infusions. Ugh...it is about 60 miles one way to this hospital. I asked if I could have it done somewhere closer to home and he said he would have his nurse investigate closer places. Well, she called me today and said she had found a place that would do it at home!! How wonderful! Now I just have to wait for an appointment time and we'll start this.

I'll report back any side effects I have and hopefully this thread will be very short because I'm praying that this will
l work for me.

Wish me luck!! :)

ktandkt1 11-07-2018 08:42 PM

Good luck and hope it works for you. A 60 mile ride would not be the best. Glad they found a way for you to get it at home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kiwi33 11-08-2018 01:51 AM

I heard a talk about the development of Ocrevus at an immunology conference here a while ago.

It sounded very promising and I really hope that it works well for you.

Snoopy 11-08-2018 08:18 AM

Kitty,
Hope all goes well and Ocrevus is the DMT that works with no or minimal side effects. Best wishes!

agate 11-09-2018 05:02 PM

It's really good news that you have a way to get the infusion at home! Hope it will go well for you, with good results!

Grammie 2 3 11-10-2018 06:51 PM

I agree with what everyone said to you :)
All my best wishes !
Linda

Jappy 11-16-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 1269446)
I had an appt with my new Neuro on 11/6 and spoke to him about starting Ocrevus. He said that sounded good as I have tried just about all the MS meds and have had an issue with all of them.

He said that I would have to go to the Shepherd Center for my infusions. Ugh...it is about 60 miles one way to this hospital. I asked if I could have it done somewhere closer to home and he said he would have his nurse investigate closer places. Well, she called me today and said she had found a place that would do it at home!! How wonderful! Now I just have to wait for an appointment time and we'll start this.

I'll report back any side effects I have and hopefully this thread will be very short because I'm praying that this will
l work for me.

Wish me luck!! :)

I wish you luck with it Kitty. That was the med that did not work with me. It raised my BP so high. Now I am not taking anything, because every drug had bad side effects with me. Taking CBD OIL for the pain, and it is working, :hug: Jappy

Kitty 11-19-2018 02:30 AM

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I'm still waiting for the infusion to be scheduled but they did have to get an approval from my insurance so I know how long that can take. I'm hoping this medication will work for me....or at least not make me feel worse than I already do.