NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Craniosacral therapy, Qigong, and CBD (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/252584-craniosacral-therapy-qigong-cbd.html)

bachissimo 11-08-2018 06:35 PM

Craniosacral therapy, Qigong, and CBD

Thoughts appreciated. All alternative therapies obviously. I am usually skeptic of everything.

-Craniosacral therapy:

A study that I am not sure it is credible
CranioSacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation: A New Treatment Intervention for Concussion Recovery

Some findings on pubmed (overall positive including for headache and neck pain)
craniosacral therapy - PubMed - NCBI

I am afraid of trying, is it dangerous to try?

- Qigong
My M.D. told me that she had migraines and Qigong is the only thing that helped her. I will give it a try I guess (not sure if it is the same as above).

-CBD
There is quite a bit of talk about this one (cannabis extract) for all types of chronic pain. It seems a $15 million study is taking place trying this in concussion patients.

'Concussion pill' shows promise in pre-clinical pilot study

davOD 11-09-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachissimo (Post 1269472)
Thoughts appreciated. All alternative therapies obviously. I am usually skeptic of everything.

-Craniosacral therapy:

A study that I am not sure it is credible
CranioSacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation: A New Treatment Intervention for Concussion Recovery

Some findings on pubmed (overall positive including for headache and neck pain)
craniosacral therapy - PubMed - NCBI

I am afraid of trying, is it dangerous to try?

- Qigong
My M.D. told me that she had migraines and Qigong is the only thing that helped her. I will give it a try I guess (not sure if it is the same as above).

-CBD
There is quite a bit of talk about this one (cannabis extract) for all types of chronic pain. It seems a $15 million study is taking place trying this in concussion patients.

'Concussion pill' shows promise in pre-clinical pilot study

Craniosacral therapy is very relaxing nothing to worry about....I used to go to a massage therapy school to save some money as its not cheap.

Yoga, Chi-Gong, meditation are all very helpful and I did it for years.

CBD oils or tinctures are a anti-infamatory, if made from hemp impossable to get high off as the THC has to be less than .03% THC.
It works on your CB1 reseptors(most in brain) and CB2 reseptors rest of body...

Everything your looking at should be very safe!....Its what we do, to try and get better.

bachissimo 11-12-2018 04:46 AM

Thank you Dave
when you say very helpful, did they help you get rid of one of the symptoms at least? or in what way, did they consistently reduce certain symptoms?

Euqally? (meditation, yoga, chi-gong-.cbd)?
If so I would go only for meditationand yoga to save money :)

davOD 11-12-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachissimo (Post 1269588)
Thank you Dave
when you say very helpful, did they help you get rid of one of the symptoms at least? or in what way, did they consistently reduce certain symptoms?

Euqally? (meditation, yoga, chi-gong-.cbd)?
If so I would go only for meditationand yoga to save money :)

Wow thats a hard one to answer in writing for me....My balance is far better....My mind is more peaceful, less monkey mind or racing thoughts. I found yoga better for me, but we are all different to what helps or resonates with us.

As for CBDs sure cant hurt....I got my TBI close to 12 years now....Time heals, thinking, and doing things positive, all have been very helpful....I still cant drive and never will, so would I say no it hasent helped?

I have far more peace in my life from doing the things that help, and keeping away from things that hurt, make me worse, ect....

If you would like just PM me and I can try and help any way I can....Hey this club we are in is very inclusive, so to work together to help each other is just another thing I have done to help heal!

bachissimo 11-12-2018 10:44 PM

THanks so much Dave, I will PM you then!