NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   muscle pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/25260-muscle-pain.html)

bluestone 08-04-2007 08:02 AM

muscle pain

Hi.
As I have weakness in my legs, arms, neck, trunk, shoulders, I have many pains too because, I think, I put an extra effort over the group of muscles that are not under "a myasthenic effect". Is there something that helps the ones with the same problem? Any other suggestion?
I hope everyone is OK (a good weekend to all).
Bluestone

redtail 08-06-2007 03:03 AM

Hi Bluestone,
I to think I use the muscles to much sometimes that arnt affected by my mg, have you tried massage, I know I would love to have a weekly massage, but cant afford it, but Im sure it would help me.
Hope all is going well

bluestone 08-06-2007 08:48 AM

Hi Redtail
Yes, massage is one thing that helps a lot. When I can, it's my choice in the physiotherapy. The pains in my back are making me crazy these days (and I'm still putting some resistence on the idea that I have to rest more). I'm not having strenght to be in correcct posture for my back or shoulders or arms or neck... and the result is pain and pain.
Here the days are very pretty -- blue sky, the winter flowers, the birds thinking that the spring arrived. To contemplate nature is one thing that gives me some strenght: it's possible to fill the spirit with life and to forget pains. Hope you are feeling better!
Bluestone

redtail 08-06-2007 07:55 PM

Hi Bluestone,
yep I know what you mean, Im usually sitting in a wierd position in my chair, trying to support my head, or curled up in bed reading or watching tv, not good I know, but its what works, and yes pain is quite often the result, whish I had the answer, or a magic wand!!!!
Im not doing too badly, going out with my big sister today, which is always a wonderful time.
hope you are not doing to badly
take care
redtail

bluestone 08-08-2007 08:20 PM

Hi Redtail
I decided to have a massage on my back and I´m better. (I hope tomorrow I wiil not feel the effects of going to the dentist today...)
Take care you too
Bluestone

The Canadian 08-08-2007 11:16 PM

I have to go for a massage every 2 weeks, too. Weak neck flexors result in tight shoulder area. And as redtail stated, my posture isn't the greatest either. It's hard when you have weak muscles.

rumpled 08-09-2007 08:03 AM

Do any of you find limited mobility due to your MG? For example, have your shoulders frozen? Both my shoulders have frozen and I have not injured them.

bluestone 08-09-2007 10:04 PM

Hi rumpled
In my case, the limited mobility is because of a strong weakness on the legs, arms, shoulders, etc. I noticed that before the worsening of this weakness I feel something that I could describe as "a change in the temperature inside my bones", I don't know if I would describe it as cold or as hot... (This feeling, although very strange, is one of my best signs that will have an exacerbation in the MG symptoms.)

babsg29 08-22-2007 09:05 AM

muscle pain

I have too, severe pain when I over do it, esp in my neck and shoulder muscles, like my head is just to heavy to carry. But over the years, my pain became more severe and my neuro said it can not be all from the MG, so she sent me to a RA and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I had 18 out of 18 trigger (pain) points that they use to diag you, and you only need 10. She also said that the trauma of the MG most likely pushed me into the other. Wouldn't hurt to check out.

Hope this helps,

Barb